Questions & Mysteries Is Smoothie a waste of a Sweet Commander?

Who should replace Smoothie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Not gonna even pull a single scan for this, it’s self evident by the title and you all know what I’m talking about. Did Oda waste a Sweet Commander spot with Smoothie? Beyond the fact she isn’t relevant to the series at all, Smoothie is nothing but flaws.
  • Cowardly
  • Incompetent
  • One dimensional fighting style
  • No powerful haki
  • Situational Devil fruit

Compared to Perospero who is almost entirely the opposite of Smoothie, It’s kind of shocking Oda didn’t swap their roles in the story. Perospero is nothing but loyal and brave, sacrificing himself for the family when Linlin threatens her rampage. Smoothie let’s her siblings die and tries to get away. Perospero goes solo to fight the Straw Hats and pick a fight with Kaido’s crew. The rest cannot even get up a waterfall. Perospero’s fruit is powerful and has a certain amount of hax. Smoothie’s is a less useful version of Crocodile’s in the best interpretations of it.

It really doesn’t make sense why Oda decided to make Smoothie one of Linlin’s big 3. Perospero is the better option in every way, no one would even blink twice if Smoothie was just another incompetent veteran in the BMP.

Yes she is

Oda's way of handling female characters is absolutely horrible, smoothie is the perfect example of that

She's stronger than cracker who managed to fight luffy for 11 hours (1 hour less than Katakuri) despite luffy having an army of homies and nami by his side

She's a potential coc user given her position and lineage

Her devil fruit grants her near limitless physical strength and durability

But somehow a character like that get thrown out of the window for whatever reasons

Not gonna even pull a single scan for this, it’s self evident by the title and you all know what I’m talking about. Did Oda waste a Sweet Commander spot with Smoothie? Beyond the fact she isn’t relevant to the series at all, Smoothie is nothing but flaws.
  • Cowardly
  • Incompetent
  • One dimensional fighting style
  • No powerful haki
  • Situational Devil fruit

Compared to Perospero who is almost entirely the opposite of Smoothie, It’s kind of shocking Oda didn’t swap their roles in the story. Perospero is nothing but loyal and brave, sacrificing himself for the family when Linlin threatens her rampage. Smoothie let’s her siblings die and tries to get away. Perospero goes solo to fight the Straw Hats and pick a fight with Kaido’s crew. The rest cannot even get up a waterfall. Perospero’s fruit is powerful and has a certain amount of hax. Smoothie’s is a less useful version of Crocodile’s in the best interpretations of it.

It really doesn’t make sense why Oda decided to make Smoothie one of Linlin’s big 3. Perospero is the better option in every way, no one would even blink twice if Smoothie was just another incompetent veteran in the BMP.
Oven couldn't Kill a fodder like Pound. He is worse that Smoothie.
Perosepero is overrated, u can't expect someone on Jack's level to be a 02YC.

No one can replace Smoothicc, she will lead the Bigmom pirates after Linlin.
Clearly Oda is Keeping her for something big. Like neg-diffing Zunesha.
:smoothieduck:

Would have loved to see some sort of fight with her, we see two generals in action and at least Snack was demoted before we reached wci, Smoothie just feels like she is wasted space. One thing that could salvage my perception of her is if we learned she had fought maybe one of the supernova already, like w Snacks. At least then I could say she was used for SOMETHING.

Yes she is

Oda's way of handling female characters is absolutely horrible, smoothie is the perfect example of that

She's stronger than cracker who managed to fight luffy for 11 hours (1 hour less than Katakuri) despite luffy having an army of homies and nami by his side

She's a potential coc user given her position and lineage

Her devil fruit grants her near limitless physical strength and durability

But somehow a character like that get thrown out of the window for whatever reasons
Good point.

This proves that Lolda leaving out half of the SHs out of WCI was a dumbfuck move. :lusalty:

Instead of the useless Pedro plotline and wasting Tamago + Pekoms could have gotten these when the SHs first broke into WCI:

Luffy & Nami vs Cracker
Zoro vs Tamago
Cook vs Yonji (on-screen, in a full chapter)

And instead of wasting Bobbin + adding the stupid hunger pang, Linlin should have unleashed MORE of the enraged army so we could have gotten:

Luffy vs Katakuri
Zoro vs Smoothie
Cook vs Perospero (dude was wasted in Wano)
Jinbei vs Snack
Brook vs Oven (Ice vs Heat)
Franky vs Daifuku (General Franky vs Genie)
Robin vs Compote
Chopper & Carrot vs Bobbin & Pekoms
Nami vs Amande (Rematch)
Usopp vs Mont-d'Or (Tacticians fight)

But Meme screaming Weed was more important for Lolda.:josad:

Good point.

This proves that Lolda leaving out half of the SHs out of WCI was a dumbfuck move. :lusalty:

Instead of the useless Pedro plotline and wasting Tamago + Pekoms could have gotten these when the SHs first broke into WCI:

Luffy & Nami vs Cracker
Zoro vs Tamago
Cook vs Yonji (on-screen, in a full chapter)

And instead of wasting Bobbin + adding the stupid hunger pang, Linlin should have unleashed MORE of the enraged army so we could have gotten:

Luffy vs Katakuri
Zoro vs Smoothie
Cook vs Perospero (dude was wasted in Wano)
Jinbei vs Snack
Brook vs Oven (Ice vs Heat)
Franky vs Daifuku (General Franky vs Genie)
Robin vs Compote
Chopper & Carrot vs Bobbin & Pekoms
Nami vs Amande (Rematch)
Usopp vs Mont-d'Or (Tacticians fight)

But Meme screaming Weed was more important for Lolda.:josad:
I think it would've been better if it was

Luffy vs katakuri

Zoro vs oven

Sanji vs daifuku

And have sanji beat niji instead of yonji, cause let's face, yonji is the lamest out of all the siblings

And the rest vs the other big mom children so we can find out more about them and how their relationship with big mom is, adding more depth to big mom's character

Not only is he a better character/antagonist overall but considering his continuous importance to the plot, Perospero should have been a Commander and Smoothie just a Minister. Facts are facts
:kayneshrug:

Oda handled her pretty terribly until now. Only way I could see a redemption for her is if we finally get a Kid flashback and find out which Commander he fought during his attempted invasion of Tottoland- if it turns out to be Smoothie that could potentially make her more interesting.

I think it would've been better if it was

Luffy vs katakuri

Zoro vs oven

Sanji vs daifuku

And have sanji beat niji instead of yonji, cause let's face, yonji is the lamest out of all the siblings

And the rest vs the other big mom children so we can find out more about them and how their relationship with big mom is, adding more depth to big mom's character
Nah, Oven and Daifuku are veteran materials. Oda should have built up Luffy, Zoro, Cook, and Jinbei facing commanders starting from WCI but he instead did fuck all. Besides, we really did not need to see Zoro one shotting Oven in an arc climax of all things. If Oda had been serious about Smoothie, then Zoro vs Smoothie could have worked.

I think Cook defeating Yonji on-screen would have been serviceable, and then it should have been followed with Cook vs Judge, Ichiji, and Niji with Cook fending them off competently and even eventually gaining the upper hand (kinda like that fanmade Katakuri vs BB commanders) before Judge held that maid (forget her name) at gun point, which distracted Cook and allowed I+N to do a combo attack to take him down. Would have been a lot better than what Lolda served him with.

I remember that many believe that it is Smoothie who appears during Ceasar's PH conference (the same one where we saw Kid, Pekoms etc), it would have been interesting if she had followed this chemical/biological path, balancing this artifice with her body mutation abilities that shibo shibo offers. something much better than making her a "swordswoman" and that would create a parallel with Queen and their #2 positions in their respective crews.

But as they said, unfortunately she goes through the misfortune of being a woman in One Piece, you can't expect her to receive the same care that other top tiers receive.