Chapter Discussion Is There a Chance Zoro does not defeat Lucci here? #1107

Thoughts?

• Total voters
What's interesting about this whole Zoro Vs Lucci thing is that Lucci is not a swordsman he doesn't follow the rule of Zoro opponents being skilled with the blade. He fought Luffy earlier and lost do we think Oda will be redundant with Lucci and have him lose twice? Im not saying Lucci will beat Zoro but it's possible this fight will be broken up. Zoro's swordsmanship doesn't benefit from this fight it's really just fan service at this point.

Yes there's a chance that Lucci doesn't get defeated..

Since Zoro doesn't have to defeat Lucci, it's perfect for Oda to leave things ambiguous as that's what he does with power scaling in general..

Same with Luffy and Kizaru.. Luffy has no reason to defeat Kizaru, so he might not lose and it will be left to interpretation..

That strong black lady in Whiskey Peak wasn't a swordsman iirc. Zoro still beat her.
Monet wasn't a swordsman. Zoro beat her.
Apoo wasn't a swordsman. Zoro beat him.
Kaidou wasn't a swordsman, and Zoro still wanted to kill him.
Zoro doesn't care if you're a swordsman and not and neither does Oda, I feel.
If you get in his way for too long, he'll beat your ass.

That strong black lady in Whiskey Peak wasn't a swordsman iirc. Zoro still beat her.
Wheez…

What's interesting about this whole Zoro Vs Lucci thing is that Lucci is not a swordsman he doesn't follow the rule of Zoro opponents being skilled with the blade. He fought Luffy earlier and lost do we think Oda will be redundant with Lucci and have him lose twice? Im not saying Lucci will beat Zoro but it's possible this fight will be broken up. Zoro's swordsmanship doesn't benefit from this fight it's really just fan service at this point.

What the pica fight benefited to zoro s swordsmanship?
This thread is useless

Never thought about it... He could just swing a sword but without the sword in his hand and it would be a... punch?
Bro has been a brawler all along :willsmith:

Poor Lucci. I wish someone could hook him up on an asthma machine.
As someone with asthma I think I can relate to his pain. It's probably really hard to have Awakened endurance and only fight casual Zoro for 10 minutes.
Lucci is huffing because he’s athletic and is warmed up.

Zoro is wheezing because he can’t get enough oxygen and needs an inhaler fast.
:josad:

Kizaruber Eats

Life's coin always has two sides; flip it wisely.

That's a great point. If this is just another Apoo situation I'll be very disappointed..bad enough he isn't facing Kizaru but at least Sanji is.

Jinbei could end up fighting Lucci instead but Jinbei would waste more time unless he amd Zoro put Lucci down once and for all somehow lmao

Awakened zoans are really fucking relentless, we saw that with the Jailer beasts in impel down so lucci with his extreme tenacity will just keep coming back, like a rubber ball ironically or boomerang.

Idk how Oda plans to resolve this, he's had Lucci reappearing multiple times in movies and such or that was just Toeis choice ofc.

Lucci was barely injured after facing luffy too. Zoro and or Jinbei needs to truly fuck him up somehow or he's gonna keep coming back like that one over clingy, obsessive ex (like one of mine a very long time ago lmao.)

It's not that he '' can't '' defeat non swordsmen, it's that he doesn't '' have '' to..

Seraphim Fights Skipped
Kaku Captured instead of Fought
Stussy is on their Side
Saturn, Kizaru & Lucci still Up for many Chapters

Lucci should be Defeated, but it's hard to tell if Oda even intends to truly show any Fight Conclusion this Arc
It seems to me that Oda is just preparing for the Major Arc Reveal

As Lucci said, Zoro being occupied with him is making SHs Escape harder
If Lucci is just Defeated & Zoro/Jinbe reunite with Crew, then what was the point of the Fight?
Also what's the point of Lucci being here on Egghead if He has same Mission as Kizaru & Saturn

People need to realize that how long a Fight lasts has nothing to do with it's Difficulty
Brook said that Zombie Ryuma & Zoro were Matched, so their Duel would end Super Fast
Also when Zoro fought Killer, it was same Situation as this Lucci Fight & then Oda made Onimaru intervene to make the Fight end quickly

Zoro vs Lucci is only created for one of two reasons, otherwise Oda could have ended it regardless if it's easy Fight for Zoro or not:

1. Something Unexpected gonna happen in Egghead & Oda wants Lucci to be still Active when it happens
2. SHs are gonna end up Separated

What the pica fight benefited to zoro s swordsmanship?
This thread is useless
well that fight was used to show zoro's armament haki development, its also Zoro's first fight against someone with armament haki, and also Zoro's first 1v1 fight post timeskip/new world. good try tho you almost cooked

well that fight was used to show zoro's armament haki development, its also Zoro's first fight against someone with armament haki, and also Zoro's first 1v1 fight post timeskip/new world. good try tho you almost cooked
Not a swordsman,didnt made zoro stronger
Whatever you say is irrelevant
Oda might also want to show 2 swordstyle vs lucci:cheers:

Not a swordsman,didnt made zoro stronger
Whatever you say is irrelevant
Oda might also want to show 2 swordstyle vs lucci:cheers:
Those men Zoro defeated all had blades, so Oda felt obligated to let him defeat them, Lucci has no blade, He's pure martial arts kicks and punches we've never seen Zoro pack up someone like Lucci. Even Kaku had blades.

That would be the most insulting thing that Oda ever gives to Zoro and I doubt Oda suddenly hates Zoro that much
I think Jinbei will serve as a distraction for Lucci to land a hit on Zoro, only for him to retalliate with a one shot (similar to the Killer fight)