Questions & Mysteries Is there any Anime that has a slower pace than One Piece?

Why the pace of this Anime is too fucking slow? like Crocodile "I'll give you 3 minutes" then they proceed to fight for 11 minutes, Luffy "give me 10 minutes" when he was recovering from the toll Gear 4 was taking on him from his fight with Doffy, then like 3-4 episodes happen, and the bigger example was episode 733, the episode which Luffy has beaten Doffy, unlike the manga of Chapter 790, when Luffy hit KKG on Doffy, he proceeded to destroy Doffy's attack while in the episode, the Animators of the episode made the attack between the 2 look like a clash, I understand that they did this so that the episode can match the manga but at the same time, it's annoying, that's from there how and why we know One Piece is taking too long.

Edit: other than Oda taking breaks of course.

Last edited:
Detective Conan. The show with the worst possible pacing that comes to mind is Hakyu Hoshin Engi. This anime adapted the manga’s 23-volume run into just 23 episodes, covering one volume per episode. You can imagine how bad the pacing was as a result.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you didn't watch dbz?
I watched other Animes like: OPM, YGO, AOT, Meme Anime scenes, and their paces aren't as slow as OP, another reason is because Oda's multiple breaks, also the Animators aren't catching up with Oda's Manga, like when Oda released the chapter of when Luffy beat Kaido on May 2022, it was animated in September 2023, unlike when Oda released the chapter of when Luffy beat Doffy on June 2015, it was animated in March 2016.

I watched other Animes like: OPM, YGO, AOT, Meme Anime scenes, and their paces aren't as slow as OP, another reason is because Oda's multiple breaks, also the Animators aren't catching up with Oda's Manga, like when Oda released the chapter of when Luffy beat Kaido on May 2022, it was animated in September 2023, unlike when Oda released the chapter of when Luffy beat Doffy on June 2015, it was animated in March 2016.
Yeah the pace is a huge problem for old school animes that release year round.

Naruto and bleach used to have entire filler arcs that spanned months and years even.

Now a days, there's almost no shonen anime that releases year round except for op. That's why the pace is snail speed.

But, we're getting a new anime adaptation that intends to fix the pace. From Wit studios. Should be good.

While not anime, procedural cop shows where the overarching storylines barely get addressed. Blue Bloods has disappointed me in this regard 😒

Daniel

‎‎‎‎
If Hajime no Ippo adapted every single chapter in the manga and add some filler episodes in, the anime would move at a snail's pace comparable to the longest stretches of One Piece and Naruto Shippuden fillers.

Man this should be so obvious…what kind of thread is this?

It’s a weekly series going on since 1999 for a weekly manga. They can’t catch up and they don’t want to switch to seasonal.

It’s that simple really.