Current Events Is Wano One of, if Not the Worst One Piece Arc?

Is Wano one of the worst One Piece arcs?

• Total voters
I don't know why some people think Wano is the worst arc, Wano is a 10/10 best arc ever.:yasu:

Remember when Oda focused on a fight between Luffy and Urashima, that was such a great fight between those two and I'm glad Oda focused on that.:madmonk:

Then we have the whole Big Mom amnesia subplot which was amazing!:akaman:

The Udon chapters were straight fire.:steef:

Also I'm glad that the fight between Sulong Inu and Neko vs Jack was off screened, the fight against the SMILE users are just so much better.:fujilaugh:

Lastly can I just say Tama is the best character introduced in the Wano arc.:ace:
Sumo Battles :finally:

We needed them after witnessing the Davy Back Fight

This is why I don't like to argue in the low IQ tier.
You're saying that 20 years ago, Oden mid-diff Kaido and Kaido hasn't gotten stronger.
So name me 1 person right now that can mid-diff Kaido.
I didn't say that Kaido has not gotten stronger, if you go back to my thread about Kaido and Oden then you'd see that I've addressed that. Kaido probably has gotten stronger in the last 20 years, but I absolutely disagree with the idea that there's an astronomical difference between Kaido back then and now. The difference between Kaido back then and now is small, it's not important overall. Back then Kaido wasn't as young as Luffy, although we don't know Kaido's age but I can bet you that back then he was in his early 30s.
Post automatically merged:

I genuinely try to put myself in your shoes and try to see the good in Wano but I can't. I seriously don't understand how anyone can like this arc. It's 105+ chapters of people being knocked down, to getting back up as if nothing happened, only for them to get knocked down yet again. Or people just running around doing absolutely nothing like what was the point of Momo and Yamato running around doing absolutely nothing for 10+ chapters, and then finally Yamato separates from Momo which she goes up to the roof to face Kaido but Kaido went downstairs so she had to go back down again. Like how can that be 7/10 writing? Oda isn't even doing the most simple of proof reading of his own work.
Wait a minute, where did you get that comment? That comment is ether from way, way back ago before Meme's amnesia when I was still defending Oda or there's something fishy going on. Now I I've changed my mind, Wano is the worst piece of storytelling I've ever seen or experienced, it's an absolute dog shit.

Last edited:
The one thing Wano has going against it compared to any other arc is that it has been hyped by the author for over a decade.

When something receives that much hype then it better be something special that delivers on the previously promised hype.

Wano just does not deliver on that hype which gives it an immense disappointment factor.

The side characters are more boring than ever, the pacing is beyond awful, the majority of the Straw Hats are sidelined for the aforementioned boring side characters and to make matters worse, this arc has three of the worst major antagonists of the series all in the same arc.

Dressrosa Arc was somewhat saved by Doffy. Wano meanwhile is hampered by all of it's antagonists, especially Orochi. What makes this all the worse is that the other two antagonists are antagonists that got built up all the way back in Enies Lobby yet both Kaido and Linlin cannot even crack the Top 60 during the middle of their own arc.

In 10 years time, antagonists like Doflamingo and Crocodile will be still sitting in the Top 30. Other antagonists like Lucci and Enel will still be in the Top 50.

Meanwhile, Kaido and Linlin will be lucky to even be in the Top 100.

The problem is that Oda hyped Wano since forever to be something even bigger and better than Marineford (arc) but it is not the case at all. First of all the arc until now doesn't seem so great, maybe most people will say it is average? Maybe a little better or worse? But if you try to compare it to Marineford it is either way ridicoulous.

At this point Oda has to pour in some other yonko/navy/revos but the arc is already very long at this point plus all the fake tension already ruined it quite a bit so I don't know how much it can be recovered even if it becomes godly from now until the end.

Calypso

"It is warm within the mansions of Hel"
I don't know why some people think Wano is the worst arc, Wano is a 10/10 best arc ever.:yasu:

Remember when Oda focused on a fight between Luffy and Urashima, that was such a great fight between those two and I'm glad Oda focused on that.:madmonk:

Then we have the whole Big Mom amnesia subplot which was amazing!:akaman:

The Udon chapters were straight fire.:steef:

Also I'm glad that the fight between Sulong Inu and Neko vs Jack was off screened, the fight against the SMILE users are just so much better.:fujilaugh:

Lastly can I just say Tama is the best character introduced in the Wano arc.:ace:
The amount of sarcasm is amazing :suresure:

The problem is that Oda hyped Wano since forever to be something even bigger and better than Marineford (arc) but it is not the case at all. First of all the arc until now doesn't seem so great, maybe most people will say it is average? Maybe a little better or worse? But if you try to compare it to Marineford it is either way ridicoulous.

At this point Oda has to pour in some other yonko/navy/revos but the arc is already very long at this point plus all the fake tension already ruined it quite a bit so I don't know how much it can be recovered even if it becomes godly from now until the end.
And if we stop to think about it, Marineford lack in many aspects of what should have being. For examples not much fights. We didn't saw the true potential of commanders. Look at Wano we are surprised that Marco is handling 2 YC since we saw nothing of him at Marineford. Still an arc with not many fights is beating thousand miles aways Wano arc.

no lol. wanos been good so far. 9/10

but fr its sad to see so many people don't like the arc. but I'm glad worstgen exists bc of that, bc yall are the only vocal part that has issues with wano. Reddit and Twitter loves it (so do I but that's not the point). even the majority of BDA discord likes the arc I think. so yall are the single vocal group in a way lol. keep on doing what you like

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
but if you say DS > One piece. then please get help:suresure:

Last edited:
-Fake tension all over the place

-Offscreening literally all the Straw Hat’s fights in favor of Tama and Big Meme clownery

-Kinemon dying like three times this arc

-Shoving every power up down Luffy’s throat

-Worst Pacing issues in all of One Piece

-Having Sanji disappear for like 20 chapters having accomplished nothing

-Kaido being one of the most boring villains in the series

So now that I pointed out all these issues, do you all agree that Wano is one of the worst arcs?
Zoro’s godliness balances out everything

The one thing Wano has going against it compared to any other arc is that it has been hyped by the author for over a decade.

When something receives that much hype then it better be something special that delivers on the previously promised hype.

Wano just does not deliver on that hype which gives it an immense disappointment factor.

The side characters are more boring than ever, the pacing is beyond awful, the majority of the Straw Hats are sidelined for the aforementioned boring side characters and to make matters worse, this arc has three of the worst major antagonists of the series all in the same arc.

Dressrosa Arc was somewhat saved by Doffy. Wano meanwhile is hampered by all of it's antagonists, especially Orochi. What makes this all the worse is that the other two antagonists are antagonists that got built up all the way back in Enies Lobby yet both Kaido and Linlin cannot even crack the Top 60 during the middle of their own arc.

In 10 years time, antagonists like Doflamingo and Crocodile will be still sitting in the Top 30. Other antagonists like Lucci and Enel will still be in the Top 50.

Meanwhile, Kaido and Linlin will be lucky to even be in the Top 100.
Same i get this feeling too.

Oda has been hinting at Wano and Kaido ever since Thriller Bark. The setup foe this arc has been started as early as Punk Hazard when the Straw Hats first met Law. 4 Arcs of buildup and all we are getting now is just a boring build up to the defeat of kaido. I also agree that the side characters are really boring and disappointing.

Same i get this feeling too.

Oda has been hinting at Wano and Kaido ever since Thriller Bark. The setup foe this arc has been started as early as Punk Hazard when the Straw Hats first met Law. 4 Arcs of buildup and all we are getting now is just a boring build up to the defeat of kaido. I also agree that the side characters are really boring and disappointing.
And Big Mom too with the Lola and VC notion.

Technically even Garp mentioning Luffy about the 4 emperors post EL events.

People get super biased because of the weekly grind.
I saw just as much people being doomers and saying how much Oda sucked now back in Whole Cake yet i still see the arc pop in favourite lists, and new anime watchers or manga readers who just binge through the entire thing also seem to enjoy what it went for.

This isn't to say there's no room for criticism of course, but until the arc is over and we can see how much it actually paid off, it just feels like most negativity here is just people venting about the latest chapter or their expectations not being met.

Last edited:
S

Shepherd

And Oda needs to stop with these designs, honestly.

How could he do this:

And then this:
(Somehow this is supposed to be the guy who fought Oden, even Kinemon looks "scarier" lol)
"Watch out!! the all pink fat goofy looking samurai is here!!!" Doesn't Oda realize the impact that it has on how we see these characters? And what about Raizo? His head is bigger than his whole body. It doesn't make even a little bit of sense.
Great point my man, great point. Say what you will about WCI, the designs of the Charlottes were brilliant and so full of life, as was the arc itself.

This arc has been setup since 2012 in Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, Zou and WCI additionally setting this arc up for the future sight which Luffy has barely even used. Yet STILL, despite 4 arcs of setup, Oda decided to give another 70 chapters of setup before the actual main event of the arc that everything is focused around. And when the main event started Oda has STILL been setting up the current matchups and moving characters around for like over 30 chapters now.

Wano is literally just 80% just set up and 15% shenanigans and 5% story progression.

I think the fact that Wano has been hyped for so long made it suffer from the fanbase having extremely specific expectations about it for years which ended up Influencing how people view the arc

For example a lot of people seem to have expected the arc to be 24/7 "badass" looking samurai clashing. When Oda choose another direction people got pissed and refused to accept his vision

It's the same as what happened to Fishman Island which isn't as bad as people say if you didn't expect half the arc to focus on Fishman Karate Dojo like the fandom did at the time