Questions & Mysteries Is Zeus cursed?

Alright, so something weird is going on with Zeus that I have not seen folk discuss much.

That is the fact that Zeus's older brother Poseidon looks youthful enough to be in a boy band while Zeus, the younger brother, looks like the love child of Master Roshi and Professor Farnsworth. :crazwhat:

This unusual conundrum is made all the stranger when we see that Zeus used to be youthful before ageing dramatically at some unknown point in his life.

Compare that to how other Gods have aged during the exact same period of time and something is truly afoot here.

For Exhibit A, we have the older brother of Zeus in Poseidon.

As for Exhibit B, we have the Black Butler cosplayer Hermes.

So why have other deities remained in their physical prime and not even aged a day while Zeus now has skin akin to a pickled prune? :quest:

Well I have theory about this cause if I didn't then I wouldn't be making this thread.:willsmith:

So the one thing that happened to Zeus that didn't happen to any other God was that he got decked in the face by this bloke.

So what is the deal with ol' Chronos? Well when looking up some internet articles about the original mythological figure, I came across this bit of info.

Which got me thinking about this technique....

What if Chronos's ultimate attack, the one that struck Zeus, not only has the ability to exert control over time but also the ability to rapidly age whatever the attack hits after a certain amount of time has passed? :bamathink:

Is this "Curse of Chronos" the reason why Zeus is such a wrinkly arse, old man compared to his youthful older brother? :watchout:

Now does this affect the plot in anyway if this theory is correct?

Well Zeus got recently kissed to the face by another one of these early retirement punches courtesy of Adam.

If just one of those debilitating punches transformed Zeus from a hunk to a husk then what the hell is taking another one of them going to do to him? :jay-he:

Zeus already has difficulty maintaining his Adamas Form for any length of time.

If Zeus's body degrades even further, will he even be able to utilise his Adamas Form?

If Zeus ever ends up in a fight with another human then it could very well be this Curse that will be his undoing. Perhaps Chronos and his punch from all those years ago might just be the reason for Zeus's downfall.

Truly, a fist that surpassed time. :steef:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Yeah I thought about Zeus’s old decrepit status while his older brother Poseidon looks young lol. I always just figured this was an artistic choice to represent how terrible Zeus actually is in mythology, and to emphasize Poseidon as “perfect” or whatever. I never really thought more into it than that lol.

But you raise quite the interesting point about Kronos. Let’s see what the others have to say lol.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Some time in the past the Greek and Norse pantheons fought against each other and Odin used his power to decay Zeus like he did with the flowers back in chapter 34.
Zeus didn't wither away completely but instead aged rapidly.

Then they came to a ceasefire for yet unknown reasons.

However, Odin still wants to overthrow Zeus as the head God and set all of this up, and will declare war once Ragnarok is close to the end.

I mean take a look at how bad Ragnarok is for the Greek pantheon, they already lost 2 Gods on their side, formidable Gods. Poseidon and Hercules. Whilst the Norse pantheon is as strong as always.

Last edited:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Sometime in the past the Greek and Norse pantheons fought against each other and Odin used his power to decay Zeus like he did with the flowers back in chapter 34.

However, Odin still wants to overthrow Zeus as the head God and set all of this up, and will declare war once Ragnarok is close to the end.

I mean take a look at how bad Ragnarok is for the Greek pantheon, they already lost 2 Gods on their side, formidable Gods. Poseidon and Hercules. Whilst the Norse pantheon is as strong as always.
Interesting counter.
Your move @Owl Ki
:catblush:

Finally, someone said it. My thoughts exactly. At first I used to think it was a typo when someone mentioned Poseidon as Zeus's older brother cause he looked like a million years younger in comparison.
I believe it was Chrono's doing too. He was the undisputed leader/ king of Titans before Zeus and his force defeated them. There would be a heavy consequences for your action. My theory is - "You don't defeat a greatest Titan after taking his full force to face without having a price to pay afterward."
Odin and his decaying power also seems plausible but if it indeed was Odin's doing then that would make Greek Gods a laughing stock as they should have figured it out already.

Some time in the past the Greek and Norse pantheons fought against each other and Odin used his power to decay Zeus like he did with the flowers back in chapter 34.

Interesting counter.
Your move @Owl Ki
:catblush:
Well, one cannot really counter speculation. Lol.

I do not have anything against but I do think that Zeus having his fate sealed by his father's punch from all those millennia ago would be a thematically cool send-off in comparison to Zeus having been jobbered in the past by Odin.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Well, one cannot really counter speculation. Lol.

I do not have anything against but I do think that Zeus having his fate sealed by his father's punch from all those millennia ago would be a thematically cool send-off in comparison to Zeus having been jobbered in the past by Odin.
Both are plausiable I guess, but I definitely think something is off with Odin. These two panels make me think he really set up Ragnarok. Look at how Zeus asks him about how it's going unexpected and Odin is silent but with an ominous aura and then with an ominous grin while decaying those flowers

Zeus' question about how Ragnarok isn't going quite as expected is left unanswered but imo hints at Odin having something to do with it. Thus far, as I said, the Greeks lost two Gods and their leader is weakened I guess, the Indian pantheon leader is in a horrible state with missing limbs, but the Norse is prosperous. Thor became even stronger than he was due to the fact that his hammer is now awakened.