Character Discussion Is Zoro even dumber or smarter than we think?

Is zoro dumber than he seems?

• Total voters
Honestly it's really not that deep. It's human nature to win using a little strength as possible because it's more of a challenge. Y'all are reading this thinking "why not just go all-out" but you're being way too logical - this is what competitive people do, they handicap themselves to make things more of a challenge.

Hell I do it myself. If I'm playing FIFA with a friend who is trash at the game, you think I'm picking my best 5 star team? No, I'm picking some shit 3 star team and giving them the best team in the world to make it more of a challenge. If I struggle to win y'all would say "well why not just pick a 5 star team and stomp" but that's no fun at all. Easy wins are boring as shit.

Luffy and Zoro are two people who enjoy battling - why would they wanna stomp everyone out in two seconds with ACoC? When shit gets serious, they'll get serious - it's that simple.

Though to answer your question, Zoro is so dumb that even Luffy thinks he's dumb. But his battle IQ isn't bad.

Honestly it's really not that deep. It's human nature to win using a little strength as possible because it's more of a challenge. Y'all are reading this thinking "why not just go all-out" but you're being way too logical - this is what competitive people do, they handicap themselves to make things more of a challenge.

Hell I do it myself. If I'm playing FIFA with a friend who is trash at the game, you think I'm picking my best 5 star team? No, I'm picking some shit 3 star team and giving them the best team in the world to make it more of a challenge. If I struggle to win y'all would say "well why not just pick a 5 star team and stomp" but that's no fun at all. Easy wins are boring as shit.

Luffy and Zoro are two people who enjoy battling - why would they wanna stomp everyone out in two seconds with ACoC? When shit gets serious, they'll get serious - it's that simple.
Zoro using conquerors =/= he's going all out
If he knows/believes that conquerors is the only way bypass their flame but instead chooses to waste his stamina and time in an extended fight he's trying even more

Zoro using conquerors =/= he's going all out
If he knows/believes that conquerors is the only way bypass their flame but instead chooses to waste his stamina and time in an extended fight he's trying even more
Because he wants a challenge. Like I said, y'all are being way too logical about this - it honestly doesn't even need to be explained, it's just competitive nature.

Using conquerors is boring. The seraphims would get stomped, how is that any fun? Even in situations where you could lose, it's human nature to use the minimum amount of strength required to win.

I do it myself in real life - there's no logic behind it, it's just fun to have a challenge instead of stomping your opponent so you actively handicap yourself.

Because he wants a challenge. Like I said, y'all are being way too logical about this - it honestly doesn't even need to be explained, it's just competitive nature.

Using conquerors is boring. The seraphims would get stomped, how is that any fun? Even in situations where you could lose, it's human nature to use the minimum amount of strength required to win.

I do it myself in real life - there's no logic behind it, it's just fun to have a challenge instead of stomping your opponent so you actively handicap yourself.
Zoro apologies to the others for not realizing the seraphim were lunarians and wasting them stamina and time
Even gettin frustrates they dont turn their flame off

If zoro truly wanted to just fight, have fun, and not try he wouldn't be double teaming hawk with kaku

Zoro apologies to the others for not realizing the seraphim were lunarians and wasting them stamina and time
Even gettin frustrates they dont turn their flame off

If zoro truly wanted to just fight, have fun, and not try he wouldn't be double teaming hawk with kaku
You're misunderstanding - wanting a challenge doesn't mean that you're not trying lol. He's trying his best with the tools he's willing to use. Whether Kaku is there or not, if Zoro used ACoC the fight is over. It's not like he's making a conscious decision of "I'm gonna win without using ACoC", it's simply a case of using the minimum amount of strength possible to win.

ACoC is overkill for these kids - if he can win the fight without ACoC then he'll do it. Why hunt a rabbit with a cannon? It'd be easy, yes, but boring and unnecessary.

You're misunderstanding - wanting a challenge doesn't mean that you're not trying lol. He's trying his best with the tools he's willing to use. Whether Kaku is there or not, if Zoro used ACoC the fight is over. It's not like he's making a conscious decision of "I'm gonna win without using ACoC", it's simply a case of using the minimum amount of strength possible to win.

ACoC is overkill for these kids - if he can win the fight without ACoC then he'll do it. Why hunt a rabbit with a cannon? It'd be easy, yes, but boring and unnecessary.
We don't know if conquerors would accept oneshot them with their flames on in reality

He's wasting more of his strength and making absolutely no progress fighting the way he is so far

It more so seems like zoro trying to eat with his mouth shut and getting frustrated why he's hungry and can't eat
While knowing the obvious solution is to just open your mouth but he just doesn't and gets even more frustrated

If you know the solution and want to save time and energy it makes no sense not to

We don't know if conquerors would accept oneshot them with their flames on in reality

He's wasting more of his strength and making absolutely no progress fighting the way he is so far

It more so seems like zoro trying to eat with his mouth shut and getting frustrated why he's hungry and can't eat
While knowing the obvious solution is to just open your mouth but he just doesn't and gets even more frustrated

If you know the solution and want to save time and energy it makes no sense not to
But it's not just Zoro, Luffy is also not using ACoC. So clearly neither of them want to use ACoC as they're determined to exhaust all possible options without it first and only use it as a last resort.

Which tbh is exactly what I would do. I agree it's not logical at all, but if I just beat Kaido or a Lunarian with ACoC then the first thing I'm doing is seeing if I can win without it before I ever use it again.

I used to compete in fighting games and we would sandbag and fuck around all the time cos it makes the game way more interesting than fighting seriously all the time. That shit is mad boring unless you're up against someone who can match you or is stronger than you when you're fighting seriously. Clearly the seraphim are not those guys.

I feel the excuse Oda is going to use is they don't want to hurt them too bad cause they are children.

But it's not just Zoro, Luffy is also not using ACoC. So clearly neither of them want to use ACoC as they're determined to exhaust all possible options without it first and only use it as a last resort.

Which tbh is exactly what I would do. I agree it's not logical at all, but if I just beat Kaido or a Lunarian with ACoC then the first thing I'm doing is seeing if I can win without it before I ever use it again.

I used to compete in fighting games and we would sandbag and fuck around all the time cos it makes the game way more interesting than fighting seriously all the time. That shit is mad boring unless you're up against someone who can match you or is stronger than you when you're fighting seriously. Clearly the seraphim are not those guys.
Luffy's never fought or beat a lunarian tho
Zoro has

Zoro already explained to the rest how their power works. If he knows the only way to actually beat them or bypass their flame he should probably tell them
Like lets say lucci and kaku have no chance in hurting them at all. They're just fighting for completely no reason at all and zoro would know that

Those situations are diffrent tho
1 is just you want to push and better yourself to have fun

The other is
  • zoro not just wasting his time and energy but luffy, lucci, and kaku's as well
  • While knowing how serious the situation is on trying to escape with vegapunk
  • Along with putting the rest of the crew in danger now for not beating hawk and losing sight of him
Post automatically merged:

I feel the excuse Oda is going to use is they don't want to hurt them too bad cause they are children.
Luffy was using g4 on bear before knowing how their powers work lol

Imagine zoro wasting all their time and energy + losing s-hawk putting other men at danger just to have a random moment to remember conquerors haki can hurt them despite their flame...

So while sanji and other characters have to actually think and strategize how to hit them out of their flame mode zoro could have just hurt them tho whole time

And this is after
  1. He fought and beat king
  2. He finally realized the seraphim work the same way as king due to them being lunarian
  3. Explaining to the rest of them how to fight them effectively
  4. Zoro and them still struggling
  5. Zoro leaving the group to still deal with the same seraphim
Just to be like "oh yeah i forgot conquerors works. Did i tell luffy?"