Future Events Is Zoro ever gonna fight against someone with the same dream as him?

It’s clear from the title guys I’m personally annoyed how Oda never gives Zoro his own rivals who hope to become the WSS and provide some challenge for Zoro or is that just wishful thinking and barely there are any swordsman who care about reaching this goal?
Let’s discuss!
None.

Zoro's dream is unique to him. His only rival died to stairs-kun.

That would be cool, seeing someone like Law as a goal to be the WSS with his df. I think Oda missed his chance with Zoro having rivals that want to reach his dream. I think he tried in Marineford with Vista, but it felt a little forced. Shit even Luffy dream seem like everyone kinda given up on that. Maybe Oda is saying both of their dreams is unattainable so why even bother, you know? Luffy and Zoro was born with this, "idgaf" attitude and are determine to achieve their unattainable dream while everyone else bent the knee or given up.
The idea of "sometimes, even after you give it your all... not everyone achieves their dream" is very realistic.

I'd favor that & what you said in your post BUT oda didn't even show us people with those dreams and just giving up.

It's unfortunately just not in the writing. Zoros dream has been fairly easy... especially since there's only one time where oda allowed zoro to go into a fight not nerfed/hurt from the previous arc.

Zoros journey to be the greatest swordsman is just bland & boring.

Look at Luffys opponents on the road to be pirate king & look at Zoros on the road to be the strongest swordsman. It's like night and day.

If someone need to become the WSS then its default make him a Color of supreme king user

There is non
Mihawk top1 in the verse
Random people wont challange a dude who alredy above yonko leagues so there is no pont some one Got same dream as Zoro

Only kuina was there but she didnt even walk out of the Villiage, like frog in the Cave

So far only Zoro and Kuina. The later was dead so probably none.

Zoro could beat someone else to gain the tittle though in case Mihawk get beaten before fight Zoro, but it's an unlikely to me

Oda is the sole responsible for that. Since years now he has shown that he can’t deliver meaningful abd fullfilling end to certain plot lines. Zoro WSS plot Line will be one of them.

Zoros journey to become the wss was never going to be difficult. Only 5 or 6 guys hold the title of great swordsman & half of them are dead.

His dream doesn't really come with any challengers.

Plus he trained with mihawk, that kills any hype for me if you train with the guy you want to beat.
This ^^^^

Well maybe Ryuma also wished to become WSS? We don't know much of the man. Mihawk probably wished so too other than just becoming it but I'm not sure.

The idea of "sometimes, even after you give it your all... not everyone achieves their dream" is very realistic.

I'd favor that & what you said in your post BUT oda didn't even show us people with those dreams and just giving up.

It's unfortunately just not in the writing. Zoros dream has been fairly easy... especially since there's only one time where oda allowed zoro to go into a fight not nerfed/hurt from the previous arc.

Zoros journey to be the greatest swordsman is just bland & boring.

Look at Luffys opponents on the road to be pirate king & look at Zoros on the road to be the strongest swordsman. It's like night and day.

Zoro journey has been exhilarating for me because I like the character so much. I woudlnt care as much about One Piece without that green hair charismatic simple man. Hes the x factor to the success of One Piece. How is it night and day? Luffy and Zoro path to greatness doesnt have to be the same to reach the top. Since you compared their opponents; how could luffy beat Mr. 1? Its not night and day to me. Theyre many times Oda went out of his way to put two comparable opponents where Luffy and Zoro can dance with. for fishmen island: Hordy and Hyouzou both went on a same transformation after overdosing.

At the end of the day, Oda needs to stop nerfing Zoro for future arcs, but create compelling mini arcs for zoro fights. I guess One Piece would never end, or cut a lot of the filler. Let him get lost, and have his own story going on sometimes. :zosleepy:

He will fight the great vista 1v1 before Milaugh. Anyway ez pez dream for Zoro, dude even got trained by the one he wants to surpass, what more should he ask, he will do the same with some random dude, he will train him and then handle the title to the next generation, such is the way of the ``wss``. The only weird thing is that there is no competition, but if zolo is happy gg for him.
:kayneshrug: