Chapter Discussion Is Zoro Ushimaru’s son

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Probably not.

This is Shimotsuki Kozaburo, who is 99% likely to be Zoro’s grandfather’s, story

Ah, yes. You might have to follow very closely to picture this, but...let me explain! It all starts with Shimotsuki Kozaburo (swordsmith and swordsman)

1. He forges the "Enma" and bestows it to the heir of the Kozuki Family, Oden.
  2. 55 years ago, he sets out to sea!
  3. He and the samurai of Wano have a grand adventure!!
  4. They make landfall in a certain place in the East Blue.
  5. They save the locals from mountain bandits.
  6. They teach the villagers the way of the sword, who become enamored with swordplay.
  7. They decide to settle there, founding Shimotsuki Village.
  8. His son, Koushirou, is born.
  9. His granddaughter, Kuina, is born.
To put it in other words, who Zoro meant by "a geezer in his village" that he met was actually grandpa Shimotsuki Kozaburo-san himself, who comes from the Wano Country. Oh? Then could that mean...Zoro's lineage...?! Well, the story of Shimotsuki Kozaburo, the samurai who founded Shimotsuki Village, is all I'm willing to share today!

And Oda also said this

O: Yes he is!! Back then, he was fixing the broken door to the bar in Foosha Village. He was introduced as Carpenter Minatomo-san, exclaiming "Who did this!?". And now, he somehow ended up in the New World in the closed bordered country of Wano! Isn't that weird!? That's right, they actually aren't the same person! They have the same last name because they're related by blood. The fact of the matter is, a ship from Wano reached East Blue a few decades ago.

One of the descendants of someone on that ship is a person that everybody is familiar with...

This part might be featured later in the main story so I won't mention any more than that. It isn't going to be a major plot line, it will just be a minor story.

So Zoro is a descendant of one of the people on the ship (a Shimotsuki, nearly certainly Kozaburo). For Ushimaru to be Zoro’s dad

-Kozaburo would have to have left him on Wano
-Ushimaru would somehow have managed to smuggle baby Zoro out of Kaido controlled Wano
-Zoro’s real name then probably wouldn’t be Roronoa Zoro, which isn’t Wanoish.

I think it’s more likely that Ushimaru is his uncle or a second cousin or something,

Probably not.

This is Shimotsuki Kozaburo, who is 99% likely to be Zoro’s grandfather’s, story

Ah, yes. You might have to follow very closely to picture this, but...let me explain! It all starts with Shimotsuki Kozaburo (swordsmith and swordsman)

1. He forges the "Enma" and bestows it to the heir of the Kozuki Family, Oden.
  2. 55 years ago, he sets out to sea!
  3. He and the samurai of Wano have a grand adventure!!
  4. They make landfall in a certain place in the East Blue.
  5. They save the locals from mountain bandits.
  6. They teach the villagers the way of the sword, who become enamored with swordplay.
  7. They decide to settle there, founding Shimotsuki Village.
  8. His son, Koushirou, is born.
  9. His granddaughter, Kuina, is born.
To put it in other words, who Zoro meant by "a geezer in his village" that he met was actually grandpa Shimotsuki Kozaburo-san himself, who comes from the Wano Country. Oh? Then could that mean...Zoro's lineage...?! Well, the story of Shimotsuki Kozaburo, the samurai who founded Shimotsuki Village, is all I'm willing to share today!

And Oda also said this

O: Yes he is!! Back then, he was fixing the broken door to the bar in Foosha Village. He was introduced as Carpenter Minatomo-san, exclaiming "Who did this!?". And now, he somehow ended up in the New World in the closed bordered country of Wano! Isn't that weird!? That's right, they actually aren't the same person! They have the same last name because they're related by blood. The fact of the matter is, a ship from Wano reached East Blue a few decades ago.

One of the descendants of someone on that ship is a person that everybody is familiar with...

This part might be featured later in the main story so I won't mention any more than that. It isn't going to be a major plot line, it will just be a minor story.

So Zoro is a descendant of one of the people on the ship (a Shimotsuki, nearly certainly Kozaburo). For Ushimaru to be Zoro’s dad

-Kozaburo would have to have left him on Wano
-Ushimaru would somehow have managed to smuggle baby Zoro out of Kaido controlled Wano
-Zoro’s real name then probably wouldn’t be Roronoa Zoro, which isn’t Wanoish.

I think it’s more likely that Ushimaru is his uncle or a second cousin or something,
Isn't this more lackluster though ? I mean he forged his swords and all but still ..