General & Others "Its always been like this"

#1
One of the most common responses to any criticism.

You could say you miss the old days of one piece where the straw hats outside the monster trio had more focus and idiots will tell you its always been like this ignoring Water 7, Alabasta, Skypea

You could say you miss when the humor used to be good and idiots will tell you the humor has always been shit

You could complain about Nika and his shit gags and idiots will tell you Luffy has always had shitty nika gags
 
#2
One of the most common responses to any criticism.

You could say you miss the old days of one piece where the straw hats outside the monster trio had more focus and idiots will tell you its always been like this ignoring Water 7, Alabasta, Skypea

You could say you miss when the humor used to be good and idiots will tell you the humor has always been shit

You could complain about Nika and his shit gags and idiots will tell you Luffy has always had shitty nika gags
It is technically true but its like before it was tuned to 5 and now to 11.
In everything the dosage is important and nowadays it is overdose, simple as that.
 
#3
It's not about "It's always been like that",
It's more about "It was always clearly heading that way",

You thought a weekly +1200 long Chapters Manga written by a single person can continue to produce the same level of jokes?
You thought such Manga can continue to have the same level of Art constantly or keep improving?
You thought such Manga can continue to manage the increasing number of characters as well as it was in the past?
You thought Luffy's Gag Scenes will amount to nothing & you didn't expect this Writer wouldn't reserve his most Troll Ideas for the third act?

When I defend such claims, I'm not actually defending this Manga or it's Writer, I'm actually doing the opposite, telling you that He is just a human with limited capabilities, I never expected a work that can last +30 years daily from a single person would continue to evolve in every aspect, I'm only still here cuz I want to see at least one aspect surviving & I want to see what it can amount to after so many years,

People who complain are either too invested in this fictional story, expect too much from this Writer, or not strong enough to stop reading.
You complain cuz you're hurt, those who don't complain aren't, and it can only mean that you care & expect more than them.

Another reason it's pointless to complain is simply because I don't know how I would have reacted to the current state of this Manga if I was still 16, cuz we keep getting older, but One Piece is always aimed at those Teenagers, that's why it feels like it's not evolving anymore, while suffering from degradation due to narrator running out of juice.
 
#4
It's not about "It's always been like that",
It's more about "It was always clearly heading that way",

You thought a weekly +1200 long Chapters Manga written by a single person can continue to produce the same level of jokes?
You thought such Manga can continue to have the same level of Art constantly or keep improving?
You thought such Manga can continue to manage the increasing number of characters as well as it was in the past?
You thought Luffy's Gag Scenes will amount to nothing & you didn't expect this Writer wouldn't reserve his most Troll Ideas for the third act?

When I defend such claims, I'm not actually defending this Manga or it's Writer, I'm actually doing the opposite, telling you that He is just a human with limited capabilities, I never expected a work that can last +30 years daily from a single person would continue to evolve in every aspect, I'm only still here cuz I want to see at least one aspect surviving & I want to see what it can amount to after so many years,

People who complain are either too invested in this fictional story, expect too much from this Writer, or not strong enough to stop reading.
You complain cuz you're hurt, those who don't complain aren't, and it can only mean that you care & expect more than them.

Another reason it's pointless to complain is simply because I don't know how I would have reacted to the current state of this Manga if I was still 16, cuz we keep getting older, but One Piece is always aimed at those Teenagers, that's why it feels like it's not evolving anymore, while suffering from degradation due to narrator running out of juice.
Real. We may troll and call Oda a hack, but no matter how long these arcs are, the guy is clearly rushing towards the end and the constant breaks don't make it better. Gone are the days where he could take his time with this and cover all bases as perfectly as he could.

On top of it all, like you said, his writing hasn't aged with us. He still writes for the kids and any fondness of Pre Timeskip being perfect is just nostalgia. The same bullshit tropes he uses Post Timeskip, he used in abundance Pre.

Im just glad people have started dying more often Post Timeskip lol.
 
#5
Real. We may troll and call Oda a hack, but no matter how long these arcs are, the guy is clearly rushing towards the end and the constant breaks don't make it better. Gone are the days where he could take his time with this and cover all bases as perfectly as he could.

On top of it all, like you said, his writing hasn't aged with us. He still writes for the kids and any fondness of Pre Timeskip being perfect is just nostalgia. The same bullshit tropes he uses Post Timeskip, he used in abundance Pre.

Im just glad people have started dying more often Post Timeskip lol.
No one dies. Unless they’re forgotten. Ngl hardest line from OP
 
Top