Versus Battle Jaime Lannister (Game of Thrones) vs Boromir (LOTR)

Who will win ?

• Total voters

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Literally the only people who can beat Drogo are like, young Robert, the mountain on a good day and....who else? Maybe Rhaegar, Barristan, and Dayne. Maybe. The Dothraki boast about killing armored men all the time.
Only in the show : those who can beat Drogo

Jaime, Barristan, Dayne, Sandor, Young Robert and Oberyn. Syrio Forel with a real sword is likely a monster too. Jaquen Hagar is unfair too.

In the books there are others who can do it.

Jaime, Barristan, Dayne, Sandor, Young Robert and Oberyn. Syrio Forel with a real sword is likely a monster too. Jaquen Hagar is unfair too.

You did not add the name of the one who actually killed him.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

Bruh. Drogo would mangle half of these people lol.

Drogo is untouchable by all but the absolute best fighters in the books. Syrio Forel and Jaquen lose to him 10 times out of 10. The Hound cab probably beat him like 3 out of 10 times or something.

Jaime's skills were emphasized way more than Boromir's ever were. Boromir was tough and strong, but his biggest appeal was being a good leader and charisma. So I'd say Jaime wins.

And Sean Bean always dies anyway :catrude:

Z
Daemon Blackfyre is also hyped to be a top class monster and potential goat.
This is true, he was compared to the Warrior himself. No other character's fighting abilities were literally compared to a deity before so that is probably the best hype in the entire series. He was also stated to have mastered all weapons of the battlefield which is extremely rare since most Westerosi characters only master one weapon or two at most. With Blackfyre in his hand, he probably is the strongest of all time. He's basically the "perfect" warrior and knight.

Well, I'm talking now about book Loras....
Likewise. Every post I make in this thread is book related.

He defeated four guys from KingsGuard, which is great feature.
Are you referring to Renly's Rainbowguard? Do we know how skilled they are? Were they even expecting their Lord Commander to attack them?

Also, you jumping in conclusions calling that Mountain would murder Loras, that is not true...
Why is that jumping to conclusions when we saw Loras lose a fair 1v1 fight against someone much smaller, weaker, and less skilled than the Mountain? How can such a slim and fragile man even survive a single blow from someone as physically strong as the Mountain?

Truth is that Loras fall, but that happened case Mountain break the rules, so he wanted to kill Loras when last one didn't get up on foots.
The Mountain broke the rules? It was Loras who broke the rules and cheated, that's why the Mountain attempted to murder him. Here is the quote:

Littlefinger/Barristan said:
As Ned walked with Sansa to the archery field, Littlefinger and Lord Renly and some of the others fell in with them. “Tyrell had to know the mare was in heat,” Littlefinger was saying. “I swear the boy planned the whole thing. Gregor has always favored huge, ill-tempered stallions with more spirit than sense.” The notion seemed to amuse him.

It did not amuse Ser Barristan Selmy. “There is small honor in tricks,” the old man said stiffly. “Small honor and twenty thousand golds.” Lord Renly smiled.

Now Loras was good as hell, even Jaime recognise Loras skills.
Jaime only praises Loras' jousting skills, NOT his sword fighting skills. They are two very different things. Even Loras himself admits that his older brother is a better swordsman and that his true talent lies in jousting tournaments.

Loras said:
“He is a great knight,” Ser Loras replied. “A better sword than me, in truth, though I’m the better lance.”

Yet, he lose only to Brienna, but that was tought fight,
And that's exactly why Loras isn't as good as you think he is, because he lost to Brienne. We saw Jaime was able to hold off Brienne for awhile while being malnourished, chained to the wrist, and out of practice for a year and yet Loras is in his prime and at full power and still got his ass kicked. It makes it quite clear where Loras ranks in the hierarchy. Any top tier fighter would destroy Brienne easily.

and judging from his age, he could grow a lot.
Loras is 18 during a Storm of Swords, I'm not sure why an 18 year old in a feudal society wouldn't be in their prime? Regardless, we're discussing current Loras, not hypotheticals in the future.

Plus he is smart, that was his all ideas with Margery who should replace Lyanna for Robert.
No indication in the books that it was Loras idea alone, the credit is given to Loras and Renly.

Illyrio/Varys said:
“If he does not bestir himself soon, it may be too late,” the stout man in the steel cap said. “This is no longer a game for two players, if ever it was. Stannis Baratheon and Lysa Arryn have fled beyond my reach, and the whispers say they are gathering swords around them. The Knight of Flowers writes Highgarden, urging his lord father to send his sister to court. The girl is a maid of fourteen, sweet and beautiful and tractable, and Lord Renly and Ser Loras intend that Robert should bed her, wed her, and make a new queen. Littlefinger . . . the gods only know what game Littlefinger is playing. Yet Lord Stark’s the one who troubles my sleep. He has the bastard, he has the book, and soon enough he’ll have the truth. And now his wife has abducted Tyrion Lannister, thanks to Littlefinger’s meddling. Lord Tywin will take that for an outrage, and Jaime has a queer affection for the Imp. If the Lannisters move north, that will bring the Tullys in as well. Delay, you say. Make haste, I reply. Even the finest of jugglers cannot keep a hundred balls in the air forever.”

That being said, I'm not quite sure what's intelligent about this? Literally everyone in the history of Westeros tries to marry off members of their family to people of higher status than them. One of the very first chapters of the first book, Catelyn Stark discusses her ambitions to have Sansa become a queen, and then she discusses her father's ambitions to have Catelyn as the Lady of Winterfell. Trying to marry off women to powerful people is not a new concept and Loras and Renly are not smart for doing something that people have been doing for centuries. That's like saying they are smart for knowing how to ride a horse.

Ned/Catelyn Stark said:
“You knew the man,” she said. “The king is a stranger to you.” Catelyn remembered the direwolf dead in the snow, the broken antler lodged deep in her throat. She had to make him see. “Pride is everything to a king, my lord. Robert came all this way to see you, to bring you these great honors, you cannot throw them back in his face.”

“Honors?” Ned laughed bitterly.

“In his eyes, yes,” she said.

“And in yours?”

“And in mine,” she blazed, angry now. Why couldn’t he see? “He offers his own son in marriage to our daughter, what else would you call that? Sansa might someday be queen. Her sons could rule from the Wall to the mountains of Dorne. What is so wrong with that?”

“Gods, Catelyn, Sansa is only eleven,” Ned said. “And Joffrey . . . Joffrey is . . . ”

She finished for him. “ . . . crown prince, and heir to the Iron Throne. And I was only twelve when my father promised me to your brother Brandon.”

So...I think you could put him in top fighters like Mountain.
I honestly don't think Loras would survive 30 seconds against the Mountain, but we can agree to disagree bro.

Plus I believe he lose to Brienna case he was self- confident a lot, his biggest weakness, which made him again siege DragonStone, which turn into victory but with big price to pay.
He lost to Brienne because he's weaker than her. You can't compare that to the Siege of Dragonstone because Loras only did that reckless move because Cersei refused to allow the Redwyne fleet to defend the Reach from the Ironborn until Dragonstone fell. Loras pulled that risky stunt because he values the lives of the citizens of the Reach over his own life. That wasn't the case with his duel with Brienne, he simply lost because he was weaker. Nothing more, nothing less.