Controversial Jiaga is Underrated Part 2 (ft. Jyoukaryuu and Gakushou)

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Part 1

So today we will take another look at Jiaga and continue to explore how underrated this character is martially.

The first explicit claim we hear about Jiaga is that this character is the strongest general in Seika. A more accurate translation is to say that Jiaga is the strongest warrior in Seika since obviously the best commander in Seika is Kansaro:

And also we can assume Shibashou is excluded from these claims.

So proper scaling automatically tells us that whatever feats Jiaga’s inferiors accomplish automatically go to upscale Jiaga, right? Unless it is explicitly said within the narrative that Jiaga’s perceived inferiors are not actually his inferiors, we can safely upscale Jiaga from the feats that characters like Kansaro, Gakushou, and Jyoukaryuu achieve, right? So let’s do this.

Jyoukaryuu

Jyoukaryuu explicitly fights Shin equally. This is a stronger version of Shin than the one who slayed both Gyou’Un as well as Zhao’s Fourth Great Heaven Gakuhaku Kou. And before any of you claim Shin wasn’t serious here, I refer you to Gakurai’s slain corpse feet away from where Shin and Jyoukaryuu are fighting. In case there is any doubt:

It was commented on by the Hi Shin Unit that Jyoukaryuu indeed fought Shin equally.

And this wasn’t some brief clash,

Jyoukaryuu and Shin fought for multiple chapters. Notice how Jyoukaryuu’s arms are not triple teaming Shin alongside Jyoukaryuu, as they are also fighting with Garo and other HSU cavalry. Notice also how Jyoukaryuu seemingly overwhelms Shin in the end.

So how does Shin get past Jyoukaryuu?

Literally two of the Ten Bows of China interfere with the dual and wound Jyoukaryuu even though he blocks one of their arrows. You can even see that Jyoukaryuu still has the arrow in his arm when Shin overpowers him:

So without the interference from Jin&Tan, Jyoukaryuu would have likely continued to match Shin evenly or even overpower him.

And again I stress, Jiaga is stronger than Jyoukaryuu.

Gakushou

Now even ignoring things like Gakushou one shotting Mouten which even Bananji did not do, we do get some direct interaction between Gakushou and Shin:

Gakushou blocks a blow from Shin, and he gets pushed back but notice the pretty relaxed look on his face. Then,

Gakushou gives Shin a hard thrashing while looking quite relaxed still. And this is also while being attacked by another Qin soldier. And the implication here is that similar to Jyoukaryuu, Shin was unable to make it past Gakushou for some time.

So how do we get past Gakushou?

It takes Gakushou being triple teamed and snuck by Rikusen, Shin, and Aisen. It’s actually unclear if Shin could have gotten past him on his own.

And, say it with me now, Jiaga is stronger than Gakushou.

I see WorstGen users acting like we have no proper way to scale Jiaga in comparison to people like Gyou’Un, Bananji, and Ranbihaku and I’m just like…we forgetting that Gakushou and Jyoukaryuu, both Jiaga’s inferiors, have feats against Shin? Lol

Hypocrisy Part 2: Sou’Ou Boogaloo

So once again let us discuss more hypocrisy around this quote from Sou’Ou:

Where people get upset by Jiaga’s association with Moubu by Sou’Ou. “There’s no way Jiaga can slay Kanmei” they say, which is correct, but even the sheer association with Moubu is enough to outrage these guys. It’s as if they really just ignore that Jiaga’s inferiors have real feats against Shin.

Well, I’ve found another character who is a good illustration of why people are hypocritical on this topic:

There are people on WorstGen who unironically think that Zenou was not only as strong as Moubu, but there are people who think Zenou was outright stronger than Moubu, at least in terms of brute strength.

I’m not here to criticize that belief, but if you are someone who thinks Jiaga ~ Moubu is an absurd opinion, but then turn around and see no issue with Zenou ~ or > Moubu, that is like, the definition of hypocrisy. You should feel the exact same types of feelings about Zenou ? Moubu as you do Jiaga ? Moubu.

Now before I get dishonestly accused of arguing Jiaga = Moubu, let me clearly state here that I believe Moubu high or extreme diffs both of these characters.

The ultimate point of this is that we do have concrete scaling for Jiaga. He scales above characters like Gyou’Un, Jyoukaryuu, base Bananji, and Akou as a warrior. Anyone who says otherwise needs to go back and look at the insane martial feats pulled off by Jiaga’s confirmed inferiors. Or go reread part 1 of this thread where I explain how underrated characters like Shiryou and Batei are.

And I’m here to tell you something else, characters like Kansaro and Gakushou still have potential to upscale Jiaga even further depending on what feats they accomplish in the future, since, again, these guys are martially weaker than Jiaga.

That is all. What do you guys think?
@Owl Ki @Blackbeard @MarineHQ @God Buggy @TheKnightOfTheSea @FutureWarrior123 @RayanOO @Rumble @Greenbeard @Dark Admiral @Jailer @Peroroncino @Monet @Topi Jerami @Shanks @Cichy @Bullet @mmd @Yo Tan Wa @𝓓𝓡 . 𝕋𝒆ñ𝐦𝐚

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Ranbihaku is above the strongest SBS vassal though. Recognised by several Qin 6 as a threat, consistently fights very High to Top Tier Generals.

Yoku 100% slays Ji Aga btw
And Jyoukaryuu scales to Gyou’Un who fought more of the Qin 6 than Ranbihaku did. Frankly Gyou’Un > Ranbihaku and that’s who Jiaga’s inferior scales to.

I don't get why some people believe Jiaga's death was a legit loss in a fair duel, when the manga clearly potrayed it as a cheapshot when he got distracted. His brother being in trouble is a good enough reason for him to momentarily drop his guard given how unusual situation it was.

As for Jiaga's level, him having a similar strength stat to Gyou'un is something that I can see Hara going for.

Why him Looks underrated to you? Because him wasn't enough?.

1-General of Seika=Kan Saro.
2- General of Seika=Ga Kushou.

This literally show to you guys, that was only hype, I put Gaku Shou and even Jyougaryuu above him too, and that's is unquestionable.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Why him Looks underrated to you? Because him wasn't enough?.

1-General of Seika=Kan Saro.
2- General of Seika=Ga Kushou.

This literally show to you guys, that was only hype, I put Gaku Shou and even Jyougaryuu above him too, and that's is unquestionable.
Jyoukaryuu is a martially focused general who's confirmed weaker than Jiaga.

He doesn't seem to know much about tactics or strategy. In overall ability he's definitely weaker than Jiaga. Kansaro and Gakushou are weaker than Jiaga martially but stronger generals overall

Jyoukaryuu is a martially focused general who's confirmed weaker than Jiaga.

He doesn't seem to know much about tactics or strategy. In overall ability he's definitely weaker than Jiaga. Kansaro and Gakushou are weaker than Jiaga martially but stronger generals overall
Ji Aga was supposed to be their number 2 general after Kansaro but Hara changed his mind and put Gakushou over him when he decided to kill him off imo