Character Discussion Jimbei hit the ground. Clear scans confirmed this.

Jimbei apologizes for interfering in the duel and not letting Lucci die with honor. Yes, it saved Lucci's life, but it robbed him of his dignity, he wanted a fight to the very end, but then Jimbei came, blew up the dust and ran away leaving Lucci half dead. In fact, this is a humiliation of Lucci's determination to go to the end, which is why Zoro was against it. Is this a victory for Zoro? Sure. Did that satisfy Zoro or Lucci? No. This humiliated Lucci.

Why always the hate for Zoro's feat? Yall willing to dehype jinbe just to dehype zoro? Jinbes brick fist usually sends people flying and clearly damages them. If you are saying named attack from jinbe on Lucci he's already said was defeated did nothing to Lucci then you are saying jinbe has some of the worse damage output. If jinbe can't finish off a guy that's barely standing how weak do yall really think jinbe is? The goal is to escape. If he wanted Lucci finished off why not let zoro just attack him again but argue with zoro about leaving?

He literally didn't and the fact that a half-dead Lucci took 0 damage from the attack proves it. Be my guest if you want us to buy the idea that just putting his hands up would prevent Lucci from taking damage from a FMK attack.

It's not like Lucci can't move at all. It was impossibly hard for him to move, but he's still trying to approach them while Zoro refuses to leave the battlefield until he puts down Lucci completely, so Jinbe uses the move to create a distance b/w them.
Just like he didn't hit these guys, right?

Jinbei, literally uses Shockwave attacks that encompasses a wide area. Even those Jailers standing behind Lucci, and off to the side got hit with the attack.

It can't be avoided. Lucci was standing not even 10 feet away from Jinbei, but yet the shockwave magically somehow goes around Lucci, completely avoiding him.

And not for nothing, but 5000 Brick is a preskip, no Haki attack that was comparable to a preskip G3 pistol. It's far from a high level attack. Lucci in his current condition could have survived that too.

C

CensoredbyWG

Oda gives, but he also takes.

Didnt even give zoro the dignity of finishing luffy after needing to resort to ACoC

Oda gives, but he also takes.

Didnt even give zoro the dignity of finishing luffy after needing to resort to ACoC
No acoc:kayneshrug:
Post automatically merged:

Jinbei, literally uses Shockwave attacks that encompasses a wide area. Even those Jailers standing behind Lucci, and off to the side got hit with the attack.

It can't be avoided. Lucci was standing not even 10 feet away from Jinbei, but yet the shockwave magically somehow goes around Lucci, completely avoiding him.

And not for nothing, but 5000 Brick is a preskip, no Haki attack that was comparable to a preskip G3 pistol. It's far from a high level attack. Lucci in his current condition could have survived that too.
And again, the attack is not even close to what happened to Lucci, just a gust of wind, without a typical wave and without damage + a pile of dust.:goyea:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ

Says he didn't hit these guys, and proceeds to show us a picture of Jinbe sending someone flying. Everyone and their moms know how Jinbe attacks. It's the fact that it did nothing to Lucci that I was talking about. Jinbe's attacks can even blow Big Mom away, forget a half-dead Lucci—bro can't even take a pre-skip Pistol in that condition. The attack didn't even faze him, and nothing behind Lucci was damaged.

The most Lucci felt was a gust of wind, which is nothing more than a byproduct of the attack. And then there's the fact that the attack raised an abnormal amount of dust and smoke for a water-based attack that travels through air. You can check Jinbe's entire on-panel fighting career and you'd never see him producing dust clouds as a byproduct of him attacking someone directly.
Post automatically merged:

A gust of wind that snaps the tree clean in half, and almost uproots it.....

:kuzanshut:
:saden:

Says he didn't hit these guys, and proceeds to show us a picture of Jinbe sending someone flying. Everyone and their moms know how Jinbe attacks. It's the fact that it did nothing to Lucci that I was talking about. Jinbe's attacks can even blow Big Mom away, forget a half-dead Lucci—bro can't even take a pre-skip Pistol in that condition. The attack didn't even faze him, and nothing behind Lucci was damaged.

The most Lucci felt was a gust of wind, which is nothing more than a byproduct of the attack. And then there's the fact that the attack raised an abnormal amount of dust and smoke for a water-based attack that travels through air. You can check Jinbe's entire on-panel fighting career and you'd never see him producing dust clouds as a byproduct of him attacking someone directly.
A gust of wind, that knocked Lucci out of his Zoan form. Ok.....

In fact, if you look, Lucci was starting to lose himself to his animal nature, as all he could do was growl. Jinbei's attack snapped him back to reality. A gust of wind did that though.....

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
A gust of wind, that knocked Lucci out of his Zoan form. Ok.....

In fact, if you look, Lucci was starting to lose himself to his animal nature, as all he could do was growl. Jinbei's attack snapped him back to reality. A gust of wind did that though.....
Bruh, you see him facing the wind on the panel and it did nothing to him. So the only thing that knocked him out of the zoan form was the damage he took previously from Zori. Bro's barely keeping himself conscious, and growling was him trying hard to not fall.

Bruh, you see him facing the wind on the panel and it did nothing to him. So the only thing that knocked him out of the zoan form was the damage he took previously from Zori. Bro's barely keeping himself conscious, and growling was him trying hard to not fall.
Answer me this.... Why would Lucci put his arms up to block wind? You're arguing, it's pointless to put his arms up to defend against a shockwave attack, but acting like he needs to defend against wind? That makes absolutely no sense.

And to top it off, that must be some extremely powerful wind, as it has him closing his eyes, and gritting his teeth.

Answer me this.... Why would Lucci put his arms up to block wind? You're arguing, it's pointless to put his arms up to defend against a shockwave attack, but acting like he needs to defend against wind? That makes absolutely no sense.

And to top it off, that must be some extremely powerful wind, as it has him closing his eyes, and gritting his teeth.
Waste of time

He's in his zoro fan copium mode

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ

Because the wave is strong and Lucci is weakened. Raising your hands and protecting your face is a natural response. Do you think you can remain completely unfazed by a water-based attack that covers the entire area just by putting your hands before your face? Be my guest if you do.

Because the wave is strong and Lucci is weakened. Raising your hands and protecting your face is a natural response. Do you think you can remain completely unfazed by a water-based attack that covers the entire area just by putting your hands before your face? Be my guest if you do.
Exactly. Instinct. That is why someone would put their arms up to defend against a shockwave attack, despite the fact that it would be pointless.

Now explain how the shockwave managed to completely miss someone standing not even 10 feet away from the person who created it. Even if you want to argue that it didn't 100 percent connect with Lucci, that is one thing, but to act like it just completely avoided him altogether is disingenuous. There is no way that an attack that encompasses a broad area, is going to completely avoid someone standing inside the blast zone.

So the shockwave misses Jinbei and affects everything else around

Wow, Jinbei apologised for nothing if he never meant to attack and stop Lucci while they run away,

Last edited:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Exactly. Instinct. That is why someone would put their arms up to defend against a shockwave attack, despite the fact that it would be pointless.

Now explain how the shockwave managed to completely miss someone standing not even 10 feet away from the person who created it. Even if you want to argue that it didn't 100 percent connect with Lucci, that is one thing, but to act like it just completely avoided him altogether is disingenuous. There is no way that an attack that encompasses a broad area, is going to completely avoid someone standing inside the blast zone.
So the shockwave misses Jinbei and affects egryrhing else around

Wow Jinbei apologised for nothing if he never meant to attack and stop Lucci while they run away,

Where did I even say the shock wave missed Lucci? I said the attack didn't directly hit him because Jinbe hit the ground to raise the dust—the gust of wind was the byproduct of the actual attack. And nothing around Lucci was damaged. I literally explained this already:

Destroyed tress? My ass. The shit didn't even move the branch besides Lucci that Zoro likely cut during their fight:

Where did I even say the shock wave missed Lucci? I said the attack didn't directly hit him because Jinbe hit the ground to raise the dust—the gust of wind was the byproduct of the actual attack. And nothing around Lucci was damaged. I literally explained this already:
Your response to me saying why are people so adamant that Jinbei's attack didn't hit Lucci.....

And then you proceeded to go on and say it was only the wind that Lucci felt....

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Your response to me saying why are people so adamant that Jinbei's attack didn't hit Lucci.....
I said the same thing here too. It's not the attack but the shock wave/gust of wind created as a result of Jinbe using the attack to raise dust.