JJK 254 Spoilers

Everything was rushed past Shibuya.

Ironically the best part of the story was thrown away for a semi tournament that led to the longest gauntlet in history. Shibuya was perfectly set up as one of the best halfway points in the story.
Shibuya was great.

I really liked the culling games too, though I think there were missed opportunities in it.

Everything since has been rougher than rough. I do not care for this gauntlet Sukuna is going through either, it's like Gege just wants to tick off some boxes before he wraps up.

Culling games wasnt rushed
The story itself was rushed. The culling games were boring af with a bunch of losers nobody gives a fuck about. What's fun about tournaments is seeing characters we like fight through them with compelling characters.

Culling games could've been pushed back deeper into the story, and develop the characters more before hand

The story itself was rushed. The culling games were boring af with a bunch of losers nobody gives a fuck about. What's fun about tournaments is seeing characters we like fight through them with compelling characters.

Culling games could've been pushed back deeper into the story, and develop the characters more before hand
I like this arc but i get it
Ig that gege might be tired of writing jjk

That is why I think JJK is missing the worldbuilding to make us actually give a shit about these one and done characters.

Flashbacks arcs are not an absolute necessity, but they're very powerful tools in a visual medium. It is easy to transport the audience to different periods in time and it would seems pretty prudent to do in a series that constantly refers to the Heian era as this "you had to have been there" period, and constantly references the past in general. The Gojo flashback arc was good, I don't know why it was the only one like it.

Sukuna lore in particular isn't being given much chance to matter. Sun, Moon and Stars Squad and Five Empty Generals? Who gives a shit? I certainly don't.

Gege hasn't cared to show us, so why should we?

Let us not even get started on these empty cardboard houses that are the sorcerer clans. The Gojo clan is apparently a one-man band. No word on who raised the one we know or whatever. Sugawara Michizane, who? Big Three Vengeful Spirits, what?

Wafer thin worldbuilding.

And it's extending to the fights as well. Gege just loves to break his own rules. It's like he writers himself into a corner for a challenge to see how he can come up with discardable solutions to his own problems.

I quite like JJK, but I'm certainly not wowed by it as a whole. Gege's biggest strength is in characterisation. Whatever else I have to say about it, it's impressive what kind of cast he has managed to build in such few chapters. Building that kind of connection with the audience does not happen by accident.

I really liked the culling game arc, what really bothers me is the aftermath of Gojo vs Sukuna which is horrible, we always play the same pattern and it's going to last like this for months + the Kenjaku's death is ridiculous even though the character was so much more interesting than Sukuna. Today you just have the impression that Gege wants to "shock his reader" by killing most of his characters, it's honestly ass

I really liked the culling game arc, what really bothers me is the aftermath of Gojo vs Sukuna which is horrible, we always play the same pattern and it's going to last like this for months + the Kenjaku's death is ridiculous even though the character was so much more interesting than Sukuna. Today you just have the impression that Gege wants to "shock his reader" by killing most of his characters, it's honestly ass
Pacing feels like it increased by like 3x since, and not for the better.

I'm still in disbelief Kenjaku is actually dead. I'm hoping he isn't.

The very least we could've gotten was a flashback from him. Kenjaku would've been a great catalyst for, imo, much needed lore dumps.

Pacing feels like it increased by like 3x since, and not for the better.

I'm still in disbelief Kenjaku is actually dead. I'm hoping he isn't.

The very least we could've gotten was a flashback from him. Kenjaku would've been a great catalyst for, imo, much needed lore dumps.
Kenjaku was the perfect character to give consistency to the jjk universe, he was one of the only antagonists of the work with real ambition + he would also have given even more depth to the character that is Yuji knowing that the two are linked. In the end we got nothing, it's honestly shameful

The Gojo fight was cool and even great to follow week by week, it was full mechanics but it was okay

the real problem with this fight is how Sukuna had so much in store left that it made the fight and its difficulty a bit of a nonesense

After Gojo fight I feel Gege didn’t know what to do with Sukuna lol

Even the Kashimo part was written terribly.

‘The only correct part was Yuta/Yuji vs Sukuna
I think the only part that really annoys me about the Sukana takedown is the weapon that never did anything. There was no reason to bother making it if it was never going to be use.

The rest of the fights I dont mind. I always thought the bbest way to take down Sukana would be a team up slowly winding him down. And so far its seems we are going that way with him at a point where he is trading blows with a grade 1 sorcerer.

What would annoy me is if we reveal another secret form of Sukana or he gets full heal.

What I thought was completely a waste was Kenjaku being dispatched so quickly when he has been the mastermind of the villains for so long. He was weaker then Sukana but I consider his machinations made him the better villain.

The Gojo fight was cool and even great to follow week by week, it was full mechanics but it was okay

the real problem with this fight is how Sukuna had so much in store left that it made the fight and its difficulty a bit of a nonesense

After Gojo fight I feel Gege didn’t know what to do with Sukuna lol

Even the Kashimo part was written terribly.

‘The only correct part was Yuta/Yuji vs Sukuna
Keep crying fraudjo fans :finally::finally:
Also u kashimo fan to (Kusakabe victim)

Ok this is boring as hell.

Sukuna is killing the whole cast and now each have a dedicated chapter fighting him.

What the hell are Miguel powers again? I just remember him being no diffed by Gojo

It was most cringy shit i've read in JJK
Sukuna acted like a child towards Yuji, some baby tantrums why he hates him
It’s not abt him simply just hating on yuji
It’s abt someone who’s very existence denies his way to livr, sukuna hasn’t cared abt yujj anywhere before that chapter
And that’s meant to establish sukuna and yuji being polar opposites with 1 embodying the theme of curses , cursed energy , being selfish
Basically the core of the story
While the other is power of friendship and unbreakable will .
mite themes going against each other similar to how mahito and yuji were 2 sides of the same coin

Man is the Strongest Sorcerer who defeated all the top sorcerers of his own era. Considered the Golden Age of Sorcery.

Man runs through a gauntlet on modern era proven to be weaker overall to Heian era.

Fandom complains that man is living up to his reputation. :snoopy::ohreally:

Yorozu was considered Top Sorcerer of Heian and would slam Yuta and Yuki, but Sukuna ran through her mid-diff. Let's stop reading with our eyes closed and accept the fact that this is the expected outcome, soon they will push him to use his trump card and that's when the battle will go downhill since he is reaching his limit.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Man is the Strongest Sorcerer who defeated all the top sorcerers of his own era. Considered the Golden Age of Sorcery.

Man runs through a gauntlet on modern era proven to be weaker overall to Heian era.

Fandom complains that man is living up to his reputation. :snoopy::ohreally:

Yorozu was considered Top Sorcerer of Heian and would slam Yuta and Yuki, but Sukuna ran through her mid-diff. Let's stop reading with our eyes closed and accept the fact that this is the expected outcome, soon they will push him to use his trump card and that's when the battle will go downhill since he is reaching his limit.
Well, Gojo's involvement makes this kinda different. From what we know, almost no sorcerer is as close to Sukuna as Gojo.

Well, Gojo's involvement makes this kinda different. From what we know, almost no sorcerer is as close to Sukuna as Gojo.
Well and sukuna is on a tier of his own ,
The alliance getting destroyed like this is expected
It simply feels like there will be one last major group battle where all the heavy hitters will jump sukuna together and surpass gojo ( regards to uraume’s statement and gojo’s dream being fulfilled )