General & Others Jujutsu Kaisen - General Discussion

Your favourite characters?

• Total voters
Random thought.

What if Tengen is an assumed identity?

I have no evidence for this theory, but what if Michizane Sugawara is who he used to be, but it's been so long since that he has no attachment to his descendants?
Tengen was originally a woman (it's from a volume extra around the time of the Kenjaku vs Yuki fight iirc) so that eliminates Tengen as an option for the Michizane identitiy

Tengen was originally a woman (it's from a volume extra around the time of the Kenjaku vs Yuki fight iirc) so that eliminates Tengen as an option for the Michizane identitiy
Was that confirmed to be Tengen's original body? I could've missed it but I assumed it was one of several bodies Tengen possessed over the millennia.

Either way, I'm not particularly invested in this being a thing but it's worth considering that Megumi is a feminine name so it's not necessarily a disqualifier.

Gender is largely irrelevant to Tengen, but they certainly don't come across as feminine or written like that either.

Was that confirmed to be Tengen's original body? I could've missed it but I assumed it was one of several bodies Tengen possessed over the millennia.

Either way, I'm not particularly invested in this being a thing but it's worth considering that Megumi is a feminine name so it's not necessarily a disqualifier.

Gender is largely irrelevant to Tengen, but they certainly don't come across as feminine or written like that either.
It was the og body - a hermit looking young woman (hence Kenjaku calling Tengen a shut in)