Jujutsu Kaisen, Season 2 Episode 13: Red Scale

Rate the episode:

• Total voters
Mappa strikes again.

100/20.

I watched it twice.

The Sukuna part, as short as it was, gave me chills.

Something really happened at this very moment (as in the manga, but perfectly highlighted here).

It confirms for me Yuji's soul/memory related CT, or whatever it is. Something even Sukuna himself was impressed about.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
We need to offer up CSM for sacrifice so they can keep this level of quality for seasons 3 and onward
Nah, CSM & JJK seem like Mappa's Golden Geese, they will always go all out for these two series.

Jigokuraku took a hit already, i doubt things will get better there later on. And now with AoT out of the way soon, they can truly focus on CSM & JJK.

JJK has like 1 more season for Culling Games & 1 more season for the Final arc.
CSM part 1 alone will take up 2-3 seasons & then there are 2 more parts.

Thé épisode wasnt bad but I really have a problem with the new character design

it lacked impact and rawness big time compared to S1

Even the blood effect wasn’t all that for me. I prefer it a bit more dark red, thick etc. Here it seems too light and weird.

just compare iit with season 1 blood manipulation :

Mostly agree with Rayan-chin here
Blood Manipulation in Season 1 (like most stuff) is superior to Season 2 versions

That being said, they did a great job here
I'm a bit sad that anime onlies will see the Choso scene at the end and take it as another Todo moment.

I liked that they rearanged the manga so that this whole episode is Yuji vs Choso. Incoming peak episodes if they continue with this pace

Btw, don't know if anyone noticed, but just before Yuji got hit by Blood Meteor, they played the instrumental version of Remember from S1 (Yuji and Nobara vs Eso and Kechizu black flash moment).
Felt really apt