Theory Justice is a Plot Device for Awakening

Hi Worstgen,

I would like to present the idea that forms of Justice are a plot device for a Devil Fruit Awakening.
- Basically... I believe "Cosmic Law" is involved with Awakenings. From my perspective, the concept of "Justice" is a form of Cosmic Law.

The attitude each of the Admirals have toward their own sense of justice, and the types of justice that other people have, present a possibility that they can awaken a Devil Fruit because if they continue to follow a sense of justice then they are effectively following a, "Righteous Path".

I have argued recently that a, "Righteous Path" is the key to awakening a Devil Fruit: dying or experiencing a near death or trauma may act as a catalyst because during times of distress is when people act on their dreams the most (HAKI BLOOMS IN BATTLE!!)

I don't think I need to argue much more for my opinion on this... I think it's a very reasonable claim. I will defend it if I must, but I think it's easily defensible and persuasive too.

Note: In regard to recent chapters, I highly suspect that Admiral Kizaru is awakened or he will become awakened during his battle with Luffy, and that it will be his sense of justice that allows him to do this.

Another Note: It is also possible that Rob Lucci's sense of Dark Justice is what allowed him to become an Awakened Zoan user.

Last edited: