Theory Kaido actually wanted to save Ace!?

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Hey fellow OP-Junkies!

I have another fun theory about One Piece and what actually could have happened before.

To get to the main point of the theory, i need to start with Yamato and her childhood. As far as we know is Yamato raised by Kaido only, he obviously wanted to make her the Shogun from begin with. We know she witnessed the death of Oden, but we don’t know how “free” to run she was back then.

I think, at that point, their relationship was already a bit complicated, but not that broken as it is right now. Kaido pretty sure wasn’t a good father, raised her with the wrong impulse and messed her up from begin with. But i am pretty sure he tried. Just keep in mind he still respects her daughter and her wishes to some point, by calling her “son”, accepting her selfawareness as Oden. Sure you could claim he did cause he wanted a son instead of a daughter, but he never stated that point. Also he never claimed at her that he preferred a son. Especially since she seems to be quite strong, so there is no reason for preferring a son over her.

This leads me to the point where i think Kaido really tried to be a parent, but fucked up from begin with and is well aware of that. He has is own messed up ideas of fixing that, by gifting her the Shogun title, by keeping her prisoned around him, forcing her to stay with him. It could all some messed up idea of keeping her around and getting her into this “Father-Daughter”-Relationship. He could seek for it.

But what does this have to do with Ace?​

We know Ace went to Onigashima back then and befriended Yamato. They came along pretty well and as far as we know, Kaido didn’t interrupt that friendship. Even tho i doubt he didn’t know that the son of Roger is in Wano. I think Yamato getting along with Ace, or maybe even gonna fell in love with him, is the best case Kaido could wish for. His daughter and the son of the Pirate King, he would have the strongest force of the new generation under and with him. If he would be able to bind this to with him and his crew, it would extremely worth for him. Still keep in mind that Kaido in his messed up mind tried to fix the relationship with Yamato and was thinking he might be able to do it with keeping her imprisoned in Wano etc..

Ace left for now, but Kaido knew he would come back. Ace may wanted to come to fight Kaido, but thats always the exact way how Kaido was able to gather his crew under him. So it kinda fits his usual way of getting Ace into his crew anyway. So he would have been fine with that.

But then Ace got captured by the Marines and Marineford was going to happen. So now we get to the actual theory.

My theory is, Yamato heard or read of it, she was desperate. Her best, maybe only friend ever, was about to getting killed. She had no way to help Ace alone, she couldn’t get there. She just had one possible solution for that: Asking her father. And she did, she went to Kaido, under tears, promising to stick with him, helping him, whatever, if he can fulfil her one wish in her life. This would be the first and only wish Yamato ever brings up to her father: “Please father, save Ace for me!”

Kaido, well knowing its the first time Yamato does this and he sees the chance to fix this messed up relationship. And even more, he sees the possibility to bring Ace as character close to him, together with Yamato. So he agrees and is heading to marineford to save Ace.

Maybe King etc. weren’t around or he considered doing it alone. But he obviously went with reduced numbers. Because we know Shanks was able to stop him without alot of havoc. It is able that Shanks just sank the ship of Kaido and Kaido then was trapped in water or something. There wasn’t obviously a full fight. The marines claimed that Kaido maybe headed to marineford to kill Whitebeard, but does that make sense? Would Kaido use the chance to kill a weakened whitebeard? He could have done it outside of Marineford, he could just attack whitebeards islands, conquer them. I don’t think Kaido would have been satisfied by killing Whitebeard when he is weakened by his sickness and a fight straight before. So i think this claim was wrong to begin with. Saving Ace just makes a lot more sense to me.

But Kaido wasn’t able to save Ace, cause of shanks. So he comes back to Wano, where his daughter already knows about Ace’ death. So from this point, Yamato hat only disgrace and hate left for her father. In her eyes, Kaido is responsible for Ace’ death. She cant accept that the “strongest creature”, “Kaido of 100 beasts”, isn’t able to save one guy, if he really wanted. He denied her the only wish she ever openly brought, she failed him miserably. She cant forgive him.

Kaido still hopes kinda to fix it, by keeping her close to him in place, forcing her to stick with him. But in reality, he knows he already lost her. He failed her and he knows it. And this pain, this desperation, leads him into this massive abuse of alcohol and his suicidal behaviour. He just can’t deal with this kind of pain. He is used to wounds, he is used to get stabbed, to burn, to bleed... but he is not used to feel emotional pain. And since it is about his daughter, he isn’t able to run from it. While he cares about no one else, he does for his daughter.

The strongest creature existing... suffers most from his emotional pain.

Tl;dr:

-Kaido messed up relationship with Yamato
-Tries to fix it by save Ace
-Failed, failed Yamato
-Yamato only hates him and Kaido cant deal with it.

Gz

Panth

It would be a huge surprise if at the climax of the Kaido vs Yamato fight Yamato curses her father for not being able to save Ace. But 99.9% Oda will never do this kind of choice aka make Shanks evil. Now that I think about it Oda probably never made some big charcater betray the "good side", at best we have Pudding betrayal but she is a secondary character, then Sguardo (but he comes back and was tricked).

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
It would be a huge surprise if at the climax of the Kaido vs Yamato fight Yamato curses her father for not being able to save Ace. But 99.9% Oda will never do this kind of choice aka make Shanks evil. Now that I think about it Oda probably never made some big charcater betray the "good side", at best we have Pudding betrayal but she is a secondary character, then Sguardo (but he comes back and was tricked).
Doesnt have to anyway. Shanks couldnt know Kaido would want to save Ace. Shanks could have sank his ship by surprise, trying to save the new generation. Doesnt need to have "bad" or "evil" intentions.

Doesnt have to anyway. Shanks couldnt know Kaido would want to save Ace. Shanks could have sank his ship by surprise, trying to save the new generation. Doesnt need to have "bad" or "evil" intentions.
So Oda would use that event to show Kaidocares about Yamato in his own way, but that would have for me Oda wants to redeem Kaido while there is still no trace of it yet (plus it would subtly mean both Kaido and Shanks are fools). Imo Oda will use that event to hype Shanks above Kaido after Wano ends (and there is also Kaido putting Shanks on the same level as OP god tiers and that means he somewhen fought Shanks and that could be the time they fought).

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
I think he obviously wanted to overcome Whitebeard and I guess he didn't care about Yamato's feelings let alone in order to channel such an effort.
He at least cares to that level that he calls her son.
I think my theory is pretty plausible and would explain a lot of points and a lot of behavior. It would also give Kaido a level of Charakter which he is just lacking so far.

I mean, I am fine with you guys disagreeing, I just still like the idea and think it is pretty plausible.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Hey fellow OP-Junkies!

I have another fun theory about One Piece and what actually could have happened before.

To get to the main point of the theory, i need to start with Yamato and her childhood. As far as we know is Yamato raised by Kaido only, he obviously wanted to make her the Shogun from begin with. We know she witnessed the death of Oden, but we don’t know how “free” to run she was back then.

I think, at that point, their relationship was already a bit complicated, but not that broken as it is right now. Kaido pretty sure wasn’t a good father, raised her with the wrong impulse and messed her up from begin with. But i am pretty sure he tried. Just keep in mind he still respects her daughter and her wishes to some point, by calling her “son”, accepting her selfawareness as Oden. Sure you could claim he did cause he wanted a son instead of a daughter, but he never stated that point. Also he never claimed at her that he preferred a son. Especially since she seems to be quite strong, so there is no reason for preferring a son over her.

This leads me to the point where i think Kaido really tried to be a parent, but fucked up from begin with and is well aware of that. He has is own messed up ideas of fixing that, by gifting her the Shogun title, by keeping her prisoned around him, forcing her to stay with him. It could all some messed up idea of keeping her around and getting her into this “Father-Daughter”-Relationship. He could seek for it.

But what does this have to do with Ace?​

We know Ace went to Onigashima back then and befriended Yamato. They came along pretty well and as far as we know, Kaido didn’t interrupt that friendship. Even tho i doubt he didn’t know that the son of Roger is in Wano. I think Yamato getting along with Ace, or maybe even gonna fell in love with him, is the best case Kaido could wish for. His daughter and the son of the Pirate King, he would have the strongest force of the new generation under and with him. If he would be able to bind this to with him and his crew, it would extremely worth for him. Still keep in mind that Kaido in his messed up mind tried to fix the relationship with Yamato and was thinking he might be able to do it with keeping her imprisoned in Wano etc..

Ace left for now, but Kaido knew he would come back. Ace may wanted to come to fight Kaido, but thats always the exact way how Kaido was able to gather his crew under him. So it kinda fits his usual way of getting Ace into his crew anyway. So he would have been fine with that.

But then Ace got captured by the Marines and Marineford was going to happen. So now we get to the actual theory.

My theory is, Yamato heard or read of it, she was desperate. Her best, maybe only friend ever, was about to getting killed. She had no way to help Ace alone, she couldn’t get there. She just had one possible solution for that: Asking her father. And she did, she went to Kaido, under tears, promising to stick with him, helping him, whatever, if he can fulfil her one wish in her life. This would be the first and only wish Yamato ever brings up to her father: “Please father, save Ace for me!”

Kaido, well knowing its the first time Yamato does this and he sees the chance to fix this messed up relationship. And even more, he sees the possibility to bring Ace as character close to him, together with Yamato. So he agrees and is heading to marineford to save Ace.

Maybe King etc. weren’t around or he considered doing it alone. But he obviously went with reduced numbers. Because we know Shanks was able to stop him without alot of havoc. It is able that Shanks just sank the ship of Kaido and Kaido then was trapped in water or something. There wasn’t obviously a full fight. The marines claimed that Kaido maybe headed to marineford to kill Whitebeard, but does that make sense? Would Kaido use the chance to kill a weakened whitebeard? He could have done it outside of Marineford, he could just attack whitebeards islands, conquer them. I don’t think Kaido would have been satisfied by killing Whitebeard when he is weakened by his sickness and a fight straight before. So i think this claim was wrong to begin with. Saving Ace just makes a lot more sense to me.

But Kaido wasn’t able to save Ace, cause of shanks. So he comes back to Wano, where his daughter already knows about Ace’ death. So from this point, Yamato hat only disgrace and hate left for her father. In her eyes, Kaido is responsible for Ace’ death. She cant accept that the “strongest creature”, “Kaido of 100 beasts”, isn’t able to save one guy, if he really wanted. He denied her the only wish she ever openly brought, she failed him miserably. She cant forgive him.

Kaido still hopes kinda to fix it, by keeping her close to him in place, forcing her to stick with him. But in reality, he knows he already lost her. He failed her and he knows it. And this pain, this desperation, leads him into this massive abuse of alcohol and his suicidal behaviour. He just can’t deal with this kind of pain. He is used to wounds, he is used to get stabbed, to burn, to bleed... but he is not used to feel emotional pain. And since it is about his daughter, he isn’t able to run from it. While he cares about no one else, he does for his daughter.

The strongest creature existing... suffers most from his emotional pain.

Tl;dr:

-Kaido messed up relationship with Yamato
-Tries to fix it by save Ace
-Failed, failed Yamato
-Yamato only hates him and Kaido cant deal with it.

Gz

Panth
This is a recton? I swear we talked about this.