Break Week Kaido fighting style is boring af

I was wondering why I find Luffy vs Kaido so boring, but then it him me. Kaido fighting style is just really boring and does not have much of creativity

In his normal form he just hit hard with his club

In the dragon form he just fly around and blow fire

His hybrid form is the most interesting with the different drunken modes but still all he really does is hit hard with the club

I was wondering why I find Luffy vs Kaido so boring, but then it him me. Kaido fighting style is just really boring and does not have much of creativity

In his normal form he just hit hard with his club

In the dragon form he just fly around and blow fire

His hybrid form is the most interesting with the different drunken modes but still all he really does is hit hard with the club
Better Respect that Damn Club!!!

Last edited:
S

Sasaki Kojirō

Not.

DF zoan are specialized for melee combat, kaido has shown variation in fighting styles, he can use his ZOAN form to spit: FIRE, WIND, RAY, the point is that ray has proven useless in relation to the opponent he is facing, since that Luffy is made up of "rubber".

His attacks with the club especially the named ones are beautiful, he can use AOE attacks even in his hybrid form he is one of the few users able to do that, literally only KAIDO and YAMATO can use elemental attacks in their hybrid forms, he can use attacks AOE based on pure HAKI, (indestructible spear against Yamato), he can use "swordsman and very lethal" attacks his "destructive wind" attack, he can generate and create 3 tornadoes, he can remake these tornadoes and create invisible blades thrown at all directions, what he needs to show to really complete everything is manipulation, which I would already say that his flaming flames that are raising ONIGASHIMA could be part of "environment manipulation".

Literally everything.

If you expect other varieties of attacks from certain characters, I regret to inform you, but most of them only have 1 element at most (derived from a LOGIA fruit), Kaido and Big Mom were undoubtedly the only 2 characters that showed greater varieties of elemental attacks.

With the exception of BIG MOM I've never seen another fighter demonstrate as many varieties of attacks as kaidou, you can mention QUEEN but these attacks are derived from his tech, not ZOAN.

Last edited by a moderator:
He doesn't need a whole lot versatility, he whacka people with his kanabo and physical strength, air and fire attacks from his mythical zoan, can power up with alcohol that's it

It's like saying why Garp attacks only with punches, or Mihawk only using a sword

Definitely not

Kaido has one of the most versatile abilities.
His club swinging fighting style looks boring to you i guess......

It will be boring to me if it doesn't do the job.
He whooped so many asses with his club and that's what i like about
Far better than Linlin who seems to have lots of versatile abilities with cool visual but doesn't actually do much job.

And you specifically talk about Kaido vs Luffy too boring, so in other words you find other beast pirates matches more interesting??
Thankfully other beast pirates fights doesn't last long lol.

People here are completely missing your point, which is totally correct.

Kaido's fighting style is indeed boring and uninspired: it doesn't matter his versatility when Oda doesn't write it in a smart way, or not even aesthetically enough for the matter. His dragon twister is the only technique I can recall right now that was both visually pleasant and actually gave the expected vibe from a monster like Seiryu. But as of now Kaido has been doing pretty much the basics of what everybody should expect from a oni with a dragon fruit.

Just think of what a bit more of imagination could achieve with all these elemments put together; hell, even alcohol could be added to this formula. But, as you said, little creativity here.

I wish Yamato didn't remotely replicate Kaido's style but rather came up with her own thing which still looks too similar to Thunder Bagua, given how much she despised her father.

That is a common problem with Oda, he establishes the concepts which are often creative and exciting, but then he never explores them past their most basic applications. Take Queen for example; a character with one of the most versatile set of abilities yet 90% of the fight was him shooting lasers and when he wasn't doing so he was just throwing basic punches and slashes, the only exceptions was when he used that snake attack and Henry Queen. Hopefully the fight takes a better turn now with Luffys awakening and we can see more of Kaidos serious side.