Theory Kaidou's "Ace in the hole" and the curious case of Raizou of the Mist

Do you think Raizou could potentially be a Tanuki and/or the traitor in the alliance?

• Total voters
Introduction
Damn recently when I think of a concept ideas just keep flowing into my head :ROFLMAO:. This theory is kinda like a part 2 to my Kaidou's "Ace in the hole" theory I made a few days back :p If y'all haven't seen that yet please check it out, as it's connected to this one ^^. In my last theory "Kaidou's Ace in the hole", I speculated about Kaidou having a potential "Ace" figure in his ranks and came to the conclusion that this "Ace" figure could potentially be a mythical creature with some sort of mythical abilities and also the spy that Kaidou has planted amongst our protagonists. This theory will be elaborating on that ^^.

Background
On this idea of "Ace" being a mythical creature of sorts, in my first theory I speculated on "Ace" potentially being a kitsune (fox) of some sorts, but I'm starting to believe that "Ace" could potentially be a Tanuki (Raccoon). In this arc there have been several references to Yokai be it, Onimaru who's a fox demon, Shutenmaru/Ashuradouji (the two names can be combined to to form "Shutendouji" - which was one of the most ferocious demons in Japanese history), Kawamatsu who is thought to be Kappa, Onigashima a demon Island, Kyoushiro and the demon of rage. Anyways y'all get my point lolz but we still haven't seen a Tanuki yet and the Tanuki is one of the most popular demons in folklore which is a bit odd.

Basically this Tanuki yokai is said to be an antithesis of the the kitsune and like the Kitsune possesses shape shifting abilities. Unlike, the Kitsune however, the Tanuki seems to be able to transform into anything even non living things like stone, trees etc (http://yokai.com/tanuki/) which led me to something very interesting :p

Before I come to that though, with the regards to this "traitor/spy" figure in the alliance, over the past few months I've speculated on several of the scabbards potentially being the traitor starting from Neko & Kiku and then recently put even Kinemon on the hot seat :p. In this post I'll be interrogating another scabbard in Raizou :ROFLMAO:. Who interestingly just so happens to share a connection to this Tanuki creature I spoke about. I will also give some reasons why I think Raizou is suspect ^^

Raizou & the Takuni "Yokai"
A few weeks back, I released a theory about Fukurokuju's potential abilities in which I speculated that all of the wano ninja possess some sort of devil fruit ability which is why they can use unusual powers and I think there's strong evidence backing this however, Raizou seemed to the only exception to the rule given he can use a large variety of different skills which I couldn't explain at the time. However if Raizou were a "Tanuki" it'd explain why this is the case :p

Like I already stated above, the Tanuki Yokai possess shape shifting abilities, including abilities to transform into even inanimate objects. Furthermore the Tanuki's most notable feature is it's testicles which is said to be able to adapt to any need. The Tanuki can transform it's testicles into anything, and are said to incorporate their testicles into their disguises. Now with this description, don't you think the Tanuki would make for a pretty awesome Ninja :p. I mean devil fruits only allow you to utilize one ability as such one base "ninjutsu skill" in wano terms, but the Tanuki isn't bound to one ability due to it's transformation powers. So in that sense, wouldn't a Tanuki be referred to as a genius Ninja on Wano ;p. Plus, Raizou being a Tanuki would explain why he was able to use the plethora of skills he used on Zou due to the Tanuki's transformation abilities ^^. Interesting isn't it :p. All that said, this theory hinges on the assumption that what the wano ninja refer to ninjutsu is actually devil fruit abilities and not actual ninjutsu.

***Raizou being referred to as genius Ninja****

Lastly, the Tanuki in folklore is said to love alcohol (tanuki and alcohol) and in depictions of the Tanuki in recent years, it depicted holding a sake bottle. Interestingly enough Raizou was also shown with a sake bottle on his first introduction.

***Here's a cool picture of a Tanuki***

***Raizou Introduction***

Is Raizou the Traitor/Spy?
Below are some of the reasons why I think Raizou could potentially
- How did Jack know that "Raizou was on Wano? and why did he specifically ask for Raizou?
When the whole Jack on Zou saga happened, our first guess was that there was a spy amogst the minks who told Jack about Raizou's whereabouts. However, given the punishment the minks had to endure and the fact that Jack's crew were unable to pinpoint his location, I'm doubtful that was the case. So the next suspects are Kinemon & Kanjuro as there was no way Kikunojo could have know that only Raizou remained on Zou. If Kiku was the one who told Jack he'd have asked for all 3 of Raizou, Kin and Kanjuro. On Kin & Kanjuro, I think there's a case for both, but won't really go into detail on that as Raizou is the person I'm interrogating atm lolz. In which case, what if Raizou was the one who informed Kaidou's forces about his whereabouts? In which case, it'd make sense why Jack asked for Raizou specifically. Moreover, if Raizou is in cahoots with the beast pirates, chances are they have his vivre card which would explain how the beast pirates were able to find Zou.

- Higurashi was able to transform into momo somehow meaning that she must have touched him at some point but when exactly did this happen?
With Higurashi's abilities I guess one could argue that she just transformed into one of the Kuri folk at some point and thus was able to get access to momo, which I guess is possible but you'd reckon the at least on scabbard would've be guarding momo at all times so it could also be that Momo was brought to Higurashi somehow. If y'all remember, when Oden returned and was told about the events that have been happening on Wano in his absence, he told Raizou specifically to take both Momo & Hiyori out of the room.

I think this could have been a perfect opportunity for Higurashi to get her hands on Momo as in this moment, all the scabbards were occupied with Oden.

- Raizou was the only scabbard that complained when they were on the pot of boiling oil?
Out of all the scabbards, Raizou was the only one that uttered some sort of complaint during Oden's trial and Neko rightly called him out for it, saying he'd kick his ass if he complained any further lolz...It's a bit insensitive of Raizou to complain about the heat considering they were being saved by Oden. Gearing off a bit from the objective of this section, but something else that is really interesting about the panel below, is that if Raizou really were a Tanuki, it's make sense why he can't bear the heat, a bit like how Chopper reacts to heat..lolz
***Neko chewing Raizou out***

- Raizou's resignation of Oden's death

In the panels above, both Kiku and Denjiro weren't having Oden dying and were trying to stop him in some way. However in contrast to that, Raizou had already resigned himself to Oden's death. Given the context, what Raizou said did make a lot of sense but I'd have expected Oda to have Kinemon say something like this given his position as the leader figure of the scabbards. Fact that Raizou was complaining about the heat prior to this and then was quickly resigned to let Oden die is a tad suspicious and one could think that he was simply just trying to save his ass:ROFLMAO:

Others
I'm not yet really sure how this could possibly connect to this theory but the moon scar on Raizou's head is very suspicious. Initially I was thinking that he maybe engraved it on his head as some sort of sign of loyalty the Kozuki clan but throughout the flashback, Oda didn't even once draw Raizou with that scar. The wiki on Raizou says the scars was made by King but there's not sign of this, and why would a sword slash a burn create that shape? so I'm not buying that all ^^". Interested in hearing what you guys and girls think about this tho ^^.

Hope y'all enjoyed the read ^^. and do y'all think Raizou could potentially be a Tanuki and/or the spy Kaidou has in the alliance?

Last edited: