Manga Discussion Kaiju No. 8

Who is your favorite character ?

• Total voters
You think 9 is gonna succeed?
It looks like there are several options. He manages to get a hold of him but he gets defeated and Kafka is the guy that did it (or any secondary character). He is giving a hard time to everyone while having the upper hand but he regains the control and stops the attack. He gets stopped before possessing her father. If nothing of that happens, I would be very surprised ngl.

Amazing series! The author applies the correct tropes accordingly with a little subversion here and there, and the panels are wicked. :myman:

What entertains me the most about this story is how literally the author never failed to hype me up whenever Kafka fully transforms. You just know when Kaiju No. 8 is here that panties will be dropped, blood will be shed, bones will be broken, and asses will be kicked.:steef:

You think 9 is gonna succeed?
I personally think so for several reasons:

1. K9 is the Big Bad of the first saga of the story which covered several overarching arcs. If this were an anime, he would be the season 1's final boss. Having him fail now would be anticlimactic;

2. Isao has been noted to be in a much weaker condition after Kafka nearly killed him, so the big boss is now properly nerfed to make a defeat/assimilation by way of a surprise attack believable;

3. It is a pay-off of several plotlines:

- Isao himself wanted the new gen to surpass the old gen. What better way than this?

- Narumi was certain that his skills alone would be enough to stop the next challenges without having to rely on new possibilities like human-kaiju hybrid ala Kafka. But, now, he has to face the combination of two numbered daikaijus and the force's strongest fighter. Can he walk the talk?

- Kikoru's greatest failure in all her life is being way too young to even be there when her mother died. Now that she is the top recruit, can she save her remaining parent?

- Up until now, Kafka never met a problem (kaijus) he could not solve with his punches. But having to kill off K9 who is assimilated with K2 + Isao might require patience and tenacity alongside his knowledge of the kaijus's interior to both remove Isao from K9 before he can send K9 packing. With his recent revelation that he can interact with his inner kaiju, can he prove that he has something to prove both as a kaiju and a human being?

That is all I can think of for now. :cheers:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Amazing series! The author applies the correct tropes accordingly with a little subversion here and there, and the panels are wicked. :myman:

What entertains me the most about this story is how literally the author never failed to hype me up whenever Kafka fully transforms. You just know when Kaiju No. 8 is here that panties will be dropped, blood will be shed, bones will be broken, and asses will be kicked.:steef:

I personally think so for several reasons:

1. K9 is the Big Bad of the first saga of the story which covered several overarching arcs. If this were an anime, he would be the season 1's final boss. Having him fail now would be anticlimactic;

2. Isao has been noted to be in a much weaker condition after Kafka nearly killed him, so the big boss is now properly nerfed to make a defeat/assimilation by way of a surprise attack believable;

3. It is a pay-off of several plotlines:

- Isao himself wanted the new gen to surpass the old gen. What better way than this?

- Narumi was certain that his skills alone would be enough to stop the next challenges without having to rely on new possibilities like human-kaiju hybrid ala Kafka. But, now, he has to face the combination of two numbered daikaijus and the force's strongest fighter. Can he walk the talk?

- Kikoru's greatest failure in all her life is being way too young to even be there when her mother died. Now that she is the top recruit, can she save her remaining parent?

- Up until now, Kafka never met a problem (kaijus) he could not solve with his punches. But having to kill off K9 who is assimilated with K2 + Isao might require patience and tenacity alongside his knowledge of the kaijus's interior to both remove Isao from K9 before he can send K9 packing. With his recent revelation that he can interact with his inner kaiju, can he prove that he has something to prove both as a kaiju and a human being?

That is all I can think of for now. :cheers:
Who are your fav characters ?

btw @Light D Lamperouge @Bango🍅 @Owl Ki @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Jew D. Boy @Yoru @Jorden625 @matt245 @ConquistadoR @Seth

poll up

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓