Chapter Discussion Kanjuro (conveniently)did not tell them that kyoshiro is a traitor

F

Fallen Prince

Kanjuro is double agent there is layer to his character . Its possible he is still loyal to toki . Not many have noticed his reaction to toki being in danger had different reactions .

I ll tell you why because for some reason kanjuro was close to toki , inreally need to read those past panels . Its also possible kanjuro is commiting to his duty as mercenary by bot showing he is not loyal to shogun .

Kanjuro is Snape of One piece dont fall for his evil act .

I have no doubt about that. Oda's writing has taken a major dip since Desserosa, excluding shorter arcs like Zou and Reverie.

I just live for the fights now.
Guys, really? This shit has never changed.

- Luffy surviving 2 miraculous times from Crocodile and the 3rd via sheer will from poison until he won with his blood. Plot convenience

- Luffy being the natural enemy of Enel. Plot convenience

- Luffy and crew being saved by the fucking spirit of Merry from the Buster Call, 5 vice Admirals and Aoukiji. Not to mention, nobody died that arc. Plot convenience.

- All the Strawhats being revived during the Oars fight. ROBIN fucking waking up after having her shadow taken with NO explanation. Plot convenience

- Luffy being revived time and time again during Impel Down/Marineford by Ivankov (though this makes sense). The sheer luck of him even getting to both locations in the span of a week. Plot convenience.

Oda's storytelling has NOT changed. YOU have changed and your reception to his storytelling is not masked by nostalgia to see that he's done this since OPs beginning.

The whole story hinges on Luffy's luck. It's been called a superpower multiple times in this story by outside observers.

DR, WCI, and Wano are not at all different. You expect the protagonist to win in OP, it's just how it is. Enjoy it for the adventure and progress

Last edited:
Guys, really? This shit has never changed.

- Luffy surviving 2 miraculous times from Crocodile and the 3rd via sheer will from poison until he won with his blood

- Luffy being the natural enemy of Enel

- Luffy and crew being saved by the fucking spirit of Merry from the Buster Call, 5 vice Admirals and Aoukiji. Not to mention, nobody died that arc.

- Luffy being revived time and time again during Marineford by Ivankov (though this makes sense)

Oda's storytelling has NOT changed. YOU have changed and your reception to his storytelling us not masked by nostalgia to see that he's done this since OPs beginning.

The whole story hinges on Luffy's luck. It's been called a superpower multiple times in this story by outside observers.

DR, WCI, and Wano are not at all different. You expect the protagonist to win in OP, it's just how it is. Enjoy it for the adventure and progress
We arent saying there wasnt PIS before, were saying that amount of it increased immensely. And its gotten so bad that us as readers can no longer suspend our disbelief.

Oh i read it, and it did get worse, this arc alone has more PIS than all the examples you just mentioned

And your last example isnt PIS as ivankov demonstrated the ability to do so and it only served as an adrenaline rush.
I quite literally explain the Ivankov situation. It's really about Luffy's luck even getting to those locations so quickly and how an entire Yonko crew relied on a rookie to save ace. He happened to have met Hancock and somehow Shakky expected her to fall in love with him to take him to Impel Down lol. That has less PIS than this arc?

This arc barely has it so far, it just doesn't fit your head canon. We really are going to say BMs amnesiac is more bullshit than nobody dying at Enies Lobby?

How about Robin waking up minutes after passing out inexplicably when it was explicitly stated that losing your shadow makes you sleep for 3 days? It already was a stretch from Luffy, Zoro, Sanji woke up from it but they are not normal unlike Robin.

It's not worse, most of you just don't like Big Mom and her wedding cake/amnesia shit, but it's the same shit as before.

As much as I hate the other glaring stuff that's been going on in this chapter, this certainly isn't one of them.. It's blatant PIS, yes.. but I think what Oda is setting up here is an increasing distrust of Kanjuro by Orochi.

Kanjuro forgetting to tell Orochi about Kyoshiro being Denjiro, or Hiyori being alive (I'm going to fucking pretend that Orochi knowing Hiyori was alive in chapter 955 didn't exist, for the sake of this), and disappointing Kaido by knowing nothing, is going to haunt Kanjuro and karma the shit outta him.

And if I'm right, he'll probably tell this only when Denjiro appears in front of Orochi, claiming he "forgot"... He'll probably end up making Orochi and Kaido think he's betraying them and doing that shit on purpose just to bring them down... so he'll probably end up getting killed by the very guys he's actually helping...

And by getting "killed", I mean getting stabbed off-screen, put into a fucking cover page and getting revived like a fainted pokemon, coz apparently, Oda is too much of a pussy to actually kill anyone...

Last edited: