Versus Battle Kanki vs Duke Hyou

Kanki vs Duke Hyou. Both get a 150k army, everything is equalized.

An extremely crafty and devious commander, genius in his own way. Kanki's unorthodox warfare is lethal and he has had fantastic feats throughout the manga (and he's about to have some more). Not even Ousen understands what goes through the man's mind. Kanki is currently one of the Qin Six.

Duke Hyou, a great warrior general who has been portrayed to be the pinnacle of the instictual type and someone beyond the warfare understanding of Riboku. He has proven himself in more than one occasion. He refused King Sho's calls, otherwhise he could have been part of the old group.

I think this could be a very interesting match up. Both absolutely have the ability to damage one another in a war. But how it will go? Will Kanki's schemes get the better of the Duke? Or will it be the other way around, with Hyou ultimately overcoming him? Would the Duke be able to realize Kanki's weakness and if so, would that help him? Riboku knew it and did his famous Riboku-style pre battle preparation but Kanki still did something he hadn't accounted for.

Who takes it? Feel free to mention possible factors such as the terrain where this war is fought and whatever else you might have in mind.

Tags: @Blackbeard @Owl Ki @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Shanks @MarineHQ @Jailer @Rumble
@Great General Kanki @Da evil Who @kom5
@Yo Tan Wa @Luffy is the mc etc.

Last edited:
Very interesting matchup.

Duke Hyou has forgotten more about warfare than most Great Generals know, and that wealth of experience is only enhanced by his Instinctual prowess, leadership abilities and temperament. To me, he is the clear and close-to-overwhelming favourite.

Despite his undeniable talent and powerful army, I have and continue to consider Kan Ki the weakest of the new generation of Six Great Generals because he is limited by his very nature. If he cannot get the psychological edge - which he's had against everybody so far, including Ri Boku - it will be extremely difficult for him to win in most scenarios I can think of involving a battle with Duke Hyou.

Bottom line: I put much more stock in Duke Hyou's might and Instinctual prowess than Kan Ki's psychological warfare.

I agreed with the folks above me, I don't think anybody in the series would be able to bypass Duke's Instinctual ability tbh. If Riboku can't then no one will, not even Ousen or Kanki. The only way for Kanki to win this is if he can manage to separate Duke from his troops and have the Zenou Clan gang up on him. Then Duke either will charge it head on like he did against Riboku's Ryuudou or he will retreat like he did against Gohoumei's same tactic. I'd say Duke won't fall for Kanki's tactics since Duke should be able to read Kanki's unorthodox methods. Duke would win 9/10 times against Kanki.

Hard to say. The Duke is going to have trouble with Kanki's warfare and Kanki is going to have trouble with the Duke's warfare lol.

Regarding Kanki, even Ousen said he doesn't know what tf goes through Kanki's mind and he literally asked Mouten his opinion on what Kanki could be thinking. Someone like Genpo, a top tier strategist, met Kanki once and that was his last (after decades of high lv warfare). Riboku literally had prior knowledge, prepared the most ideal situation and still...
There are so many examples of this. Reading Kanki is fucking hard lol. His warfare is neither strategical nor instictual, just completely unorthodox all together.

Depending on the scenario, I can give the edge to either of them.

Kan Ki is very much at a disadvantage against every other Qin Great General.

Mou Bu's power is overwhelming and Kan Ki has no strategical answer for containing that. Mou Bu is likely the most susceptible to psychological warfare, but that could just as easily blow up in their face. The only path to victory for Kan Ki lies in luring him into a trap. That can only happen if he has the time to do that. Mou Bu has improved and matured with age and experience, plus he's always got actual strategy in his back pocket if he wants - if not from himself, then surely the strategists in his camp (I have little doubt Shou Hei Kun ensures Mou Bu's team of strategist are the best he can find).

Tou is virtually flawless: a mighty warrior with a vast wealth of experience, a powerful army, and the perfect temperament for dealing with Kan Ki's psychological warfare. The liability here would be Roku O Mi, but I trust more in Tou's ability to compensate for that than Kan Ki's ability to use any fuck up by ROM to secure victory.

Yo Tan Wa is pretty much the same as Tou, albeit without the perfect temperament, which she makes up for with her superior leadership. Not only does she possess arguably the strongest army in the series, her troops are capable of dominating in open field as well as fighting in the mountains, presumably far better so than Kan Ki's mountain bandits. Additionally, much like the Kan Ki Army, the Yo Tan Wa Army can still effectively wage war as fragmented units.

Ou Sen is probably the "easiest" match up for Kan Ki. Their armies are of comparable strength and I think Kan Ki will have an easier time surprising Ou Sen than vice-versa, but I'd still favour Ou Sen because the man has patience like a monument, and his troops will be better disciplined and, frankly, less susceptible to manipulation and betrayal the longer the battle goes on. I imagine a conflict between Ou Sen and Kan Ki could easily take weeks, months and even years depending on the circumstance.

Last edited: