Speculations Kidd/Shanks Davy Back Fight?

So we all thought it was pretty weird that Shanks basically has an army with him right now while Kidd only has his tiny crew of fodders other than Killer with him. Given how Shanks has been portrayed in the manga so far, it doesn't feel like Oda would dehype him by letting Kidd get real hits in on him (especially since he has regular human durability) but it also would be a weird writing choice to completely humiliate Kidd once again. It's not like Blackbeard vs Law where Blackbeard's entire MO is taking hits because he's clumsy and careless.

I was watching this Morj video and at the end he says if Kidd does challenge Shanks to a Davy Back fight, there would be prep time and they could start the next day which would give the Straw Hats enough time to finish whatever they have going on in Egghead and make it to Elbaf so they could participate in whatever is going on too.

What do you think, is this Davy Back fight a possibility?

Last edited:
So we all thought it was pretty weird that Shanks basically has an army with him right now while Kidd only has his tiny crew of fodders other than Killer with him. Given how Shanks has been portrayed in the manga so far, it doesn't feel like Oda would dehype him by letting Kidd get real hits in on him (especially since he has regular human durability) but it also would be a weird writing choice to completely humiliate Kidd once again. It's not like Blackbeard vs Law where Blackbeard's entire MO is taking hits because he's clumsy and careless.

I was watching this Morj video and at the end he says if Kidd does challenge Shanks to a Davy Back fight, there would be prep time and they could start the next day which would give the Straw Hats enough time to finish whatever they have going on in Egghead and make it to Elbaf so they could participate in whatever is going on too.

Everything is possible but this is kinda random.

Thanks for the tag, but im sorry no imo. I will never understand the logic of people suggesting any Yonko, let alone Shanks, would want to do a Daavy Back Fight for One Piece. I never understood it with Luffy, and I definitely do not understand it with Kid.

There'd be something fundamentally wrong about Law fighting to the death with BB and yet Kid, someone who has been shown to not to quit against obscene odds, act like Foxxy and challenge a Yonko to a Daavy Back fight.

Kid will lose, sure, but he'll lose the right way.