Theory NEVERLAND : The ancient Kingdom was full of KIDS !

HI! Its just logical !

But first, please, put this on repeat if you want to be in the same space as me when I wrote this thread:

- Joy Boy the laughing warrior
- Emeth the Iron Giant
- The Sun god who make people laugh
- The past civilization of the future !
- The devil fruits coming from childlish dreams

Everything makes sence !

You need to understand this, One Piece is a story of dreams, of wonder, of adventures and mysteries, but ALSO ...

Its a story of a about Parents, children and family relationships !

The major party of the story narrates the relationship between children, parents and found families. One Piece is everything there is to know about being a child, about becoming a good father or becoming a good mother. One Piece portrays good, bads, awfull and AMAZING relationships between family members.

Its a story of contrasts, love and abuse !

The yonko Saga is the biggest example of this. The entire saga is constructed around the milking of the thematic of parenthood and family relationships in ALL its aspects:

- Children taken from their parents and drugged
- A fake father son relationship
- A evil family of mafia oppressing a country
- People losing the memories of their relatives
- A daughter without a father
- A father always watching, always protecting
- A loving found father and a loved sick kid
- A mourning mother and a loving husband
- A father Son alliance
- A fraternal reunion
- A father daughter reunion
- A loyal family
- A immense family with an oppressive mother
- A fake and oppressive mother
- Loved children
- Hated children
- Responsible children
- Two loving fathers and a loving mother
- A departed captain burdenned by responsibilities
- A captain taking his responsibilities
- An evil father
- A loving sister
- A oppressive family
- A loving family
- A son fighting for his three families
- A dying father figure and a mourning studiant
- A mourning and scared but couragous son
- A legendary father
- 7 reteiners and a found samourai family
- A responsible daughter
- A oppressed daughter
- An tyrannic father
- Two brothers
- A little sister
- A grandfather in hiding
Etc.

The Yonko Saga was the story of the oppression of a Big mom and a big dad on their children and the representation of a better ways to be a family.

For me, this was the original plan of One Piece. The 5 year plan was to tell the story of a found family making change in the families of others and making parents and child reunites.

Of course, I can be wrong, but I like the romance of this idea.

But if the story is meant to narrates those type of relationship.. what would be the ending point, the climax, the main takeaway ?

Well, kids, obviously. But not alone..

> Kid VS Adults.

> The past kingdom of the future and Dreams AGAINST the alliance of the world government

> Freedom VS Restrictions

> Staying a kid OR becoming old

The World

VS

Just like the NEVERLAND.

A country of perfection. The island where dreams come true, where the impossible is possible !

A story of children and pirate.

The story of Peter Pan

OOPS Sorry, wrong image:

The ancient story of crazy and smart eternal dreamers.

A story that can make you laugh

Ps: Carrot's main thematic is Wonder, this thematic appears in every aspect of her story, actions, moments, narration and characterization. If Carrot's world is indeed to create a wonderland, then this theory and THIS THEORY are LINKED so you might wanna check it also !

Ps2:

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree that children will factor into the backstory and endgame, somehow. Especially with how the Celestial Dragons mostly all act like sheltered spoiled children who expect "horsey rides" from anyone they please.

Imu could be a immortal child. The entire world might be what happens when a child is put in charge of it. I think it's possible.

Joyboy and everyone else being children doesn't make as much sense to me, given what we've seen of Joyboy's silhouette in recent chapters. But, I can't completely say it's impossible either.

But, children are most likely somehow connected to the backstory of this world. Although, maybe from Nika's time, instead of Joyboy's. The Void Century might be the "rebellious teenage years" of this world, so to speak. Nika's era might be the era of "childhood".

Last edited:
No , I want it to be something very sad and tragic with this background.
Yeah. But maybe it can be both. That's what most stories in One Piece are after all

:sanmoji:

Yeah, I agree that children will factor into the backstory and endgame, somehow. Especially with how the Celestial Dragons mostly all act like sheltered spoiled children who expect "horsey rides" from anyone they please.

Imu could be a immortal child. The entire world might be what happens when a child is put in charge of it. I think it's possible.

Joyboy and everyone else being children doesn't make as much sense to me, given what we've seen of Joyboy's silhouette in recent chapters. But, I can't completely say it's impossible either.

But, children are most likely somehow connected to the backstory of this world. Although, maybe from Nika's time, instead of Joyboy's. The Void Century might be the "rebellious teenage years" of this world, so to speak. Nika's era might be the era of "childhood".
Of course I can be wrong and there are just all normal adults, but this romantic idea of the Neverland/wonderLand with only smart children and Pirates fits so much the core hearth of One Piece that I can't shake it. I like the idea of Joy Boy being a teenager also.

Personnally, all I have in mind when I'm talking about Joyboy's return now, is this:

It can't be kids because it involves advanced technology that kids wouldn't know how to use responsibly. The Ancient Kingdom has great ideals.

It can't be kids because it involves advanced technology that kids wouldn't know how to use responsibly. The Ancient Kingdom has great ideals.
You are precisely expressing the conflict I'm mentionning mate.

If Kids are using said technology, then it surely will scare people. Adult people.

But kids are not necessarily those who lack wisdom..

But also, a Neverland is not supposed to be a realm where there are responsible people, that's why its so fun.

Also remember that ALL the strawhats depicted maturity despite being kids and young.

Oda has definitely taken inspiration from Peter Pan. I remember reading a long time ago that he would watch Disney’s Peter Pan and pause it in order to draw pictures of the characters.

Furthermore, Luffy is childlike and selfish ala Peter Pan. We also have Crocodile who has a giant hook. Plus let’s not forget the crocodile that stalks Captain Hook. Then Moriah can steal shadows! Now we have Luffy flying free whenever he is in his Nika form. You can only get to Neverland by flying.

There’s one quote that always stood out to me because it demonstrates how evil Peter Pan could he. “He breathed intentionally quick short breaths at the rate of about five to a second. He did this because there is a saying in Neverland, that every time you breathe a grown up dies. And Peter was killing them off as vindictively as possible.”

Peter Pan hates when grownups spoiler his adventures and ruin his freedom. Luffy is also like that but he isn’t vindictive. However, what if the actual Joy Boy was vindictive? It would be an interesting twist if that were the case, but I don’t believe Oda will actually do something like that.

Peter Pan hates when grownups spoiler his adventures and ruin his freedom. Luffy is also like that but he isn’t vindictive. However, what if the actual Joy Boy was vindictive? It would be an interesting twist if that were the case, but I don’t believe Oda will actually do something like that.
Its completely possible indeed. A form of dark side of Luffy.

After all Joy Boy lost and if we remember the lessons of Wano, when a legendary character loses, its because of their weaknesses in term of personnality.

Oden was not able to rely on others to win, this is what doomed his country. Maybe Joy boy had a similar flaw.

Its completely possible indeed. A form of dark side of Luffy.

After all Joy Boy lost and if we remember the lessons of Wano, when a legendary character loses, its because of their weaknesses in term of personnality.

Oden was not able to rely on others to win, this is what doomed his country. Maybe Joy boy had a similar flaw.
I wonder what Joy Boy’s fatal flaw could be?

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
Admittedly I skimmed and scanned through your post but from what I could comprehend

The Ancient kingdom was basically the Kids Next Door?

Admittedly I skimmed and scanned through your post but from what I could comprehend

The Ancient kingdom was basically the Kids Next Door?
I don't know about this cartoon. Are those smart kids who do fooleries ? If yes, then, that's what I think might be the Ancient Civilisation yes

:lusnipe:

After all, they might have created the devil fruits... and who else than a kid to think about stuff like that:

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
I don't know about this cartoon. Are those smart kids who do fooleries ? If yes, then, that's what I think might be the Ancient Civilisation yes

:lusnipe:

After all, they might have created the devil fruits... and who else than a kid to think about stuff like that:

Basically its kids who battle adults who from kids perspective are evil and they make cool gadgets with awesome acronyms and they have tree houses bases all over the planet and a moon base once the kids reach 13 they are no longer considered children and are decommissioned with their memories of their time in the KND Erased

Basically its kids who battle adults who from kids perspective are evil and they make cool gadgets with awesome acronyms and they have tree houses bases all over the planet and a moon base once the kids reach 13 they are no longer considered children and are decommissioned with their memories of their time in the KND Erased
Damn lol
There is even a moon situation ?

Its really the neverland.

:carrocorn:

You are precisely expressing the conflict I'm mentionning mate.

If Kids are using said technology, then it surely will scare people. Adult people.

But kids are not necessarily those who lack wisdom..

But also, a Neverland is not supposed to be a realm where there are responsible people, that's why its so fun.

Also remember that ALL the strawhats depicted maturity despite being kids and young.
You're missing my point.

You're interpreting that the Great Alliance attacked the inhabitants of God's country because the Great Alliance thought the Ancient Kingdom was childish.

That's the opposite of what really happened.

The Ancient Kingdom didn't give their technology to the members of the Great Alliance because they thought the members of the Great Alliance were too stupid to use it responsibly.

The Great Alliance attacked the Ancient Kingdom because they wanted to steal their technology as a result of the Ancient Kingdom refusing to do it.

In other words, this is the worst way to interpret history. You're calling the Ancient Kingdom irresponsible, but you're glorifying their irresponsible behavior.

If children designed this stuff, then I'll drop the series.

Note: We can infer that the Ancient Kingdom is not based on children because it has Great Ideals. The Great Ideals imply that it was an Advanced Civilization. The Great Ideals also include the idea that Non-Advanced Civilizations were not permitted to use any of their technology. That type of forethought and planning can't be done by children.

Last edited:
You're interpreting that the Great Alliance attacked the inhabitants of God's country because the Great Alliance thought the Ancient Kingdom was childish.
Not necessarily no. I do not make an hypothesis on who started what. In fact, in this configuration, it could very well be the children who started to do some fooleries with the world. I simply don't know. I'm only looking at the possible opposition here.

That's the opposite of what really happened.

The Ancient Kingdom didn't give their technology to the members of the Great Alliance because they thought the members of the Great Alliance were too stupid to use it responsibly.
We don't know what really happened mate. We don't really know why there was a war, we only know that the ancient Kingdom was technological and the alliance was outnumbering them.

In other words, this is the worst way to interpret history. You're calling the Ancient Kingdom irresponsible, but you're glorifying their irresponsible behavior.
Kids are not necessarily all irresponsible mate. At least not in the first meaning of the world. Those kids, if really smart, would mostly know what they are doing. But would pursue foolish dreams because.... because they are kids lol

I'm not gloryfying anything I'm just saying that it would be fun to have a version of the neverland in a techologically advanced country of dreams. In other word, a wonderland.

If children designed this stuff, then I'll drop the series.
Awww!!! You grew too much mate !! Come back to Wonderland, join the party and free your imagination !