Powers & Abilities Killer and the Kamaitachi SMILE Fruit - Theory

I'm going to say that this is an observation I made while i was high, so take it for what it is, but I still want to share it :myman:

On OP Wiki (in the SBS section, so extracted by Oda himself) the Worst Generation members are associated by Oda with countries, jobs, foods and animals based on their character and resemblance. Talking about animals specifically, most of them are associated to rather normal animals (Apoo-Orangutan, Hawkins-Horse, Bonney-Deer etc..) apart from Drake, who has the Allosaurus (Ancient Zoan).
Like all the others, Killer is associated to a rather common animal: the weasel. But also adds that is a reference to the Kamaitachi, a japanese mythical creature which appears as a weasel with sickle-like claws.
Something like this:

I did a quick research on this Kamaitachi and found a more detailed description:

"A beast with fur like that of a hedgehog and a cry like that of a dog, and one that flies through the air with wings, they are said to attack people with limbs like that of a sickle or razor. There are many legends passed down in snowy regions, and there are some regions that call whirlwinds themselves "Kamaitachi"

This seems already an Oda reference to Killer fighting style and Wano in general, in particular to the encounter between Zoro and Kamazo in the snowy region of Ringo
Also matches the infamous fame of Killer in the Flower Capital
This should be it, right? A good reference.
But my joint was smoked only in half, so I kept going on
:myman:

We all know that Killer ate a defective SMILE to save Kidd, this was repeated at the start of the Onigashima raid too

Now, what if Killer's defective SMILE is similar to the one of Momonosuke and he will awaken it during the battle or in the future?
Momo's fruit is similar to a Mythical Zoan (physical transformation + special ability, like Marco's Phoenix form and healing flames) that allows him to transform into a Chinese Dragon that can create clouds
Killer's fruit would allow him to transform into a Kamaitachi that can create whirlwinds/air reels, paired with his personal scythes
Personally, I like Killer cause he depends only on his physical skills like Zoro and I denied the possibility of his SMILE "awakening" in the past, but the points I listed made me reevaluate the possibility of it happening (even if low) and actually like the idea, that would also be a good "Fuck you" to Kaido and Orochi
Again, this was a trip during a joint, but I still want to know what y'all think: do you see it as a realistic possibility? :myman:

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Now I can see them. Nice. Thanks. Though, a bit of an advice, sometimes these things you take from wikis won't show up. Try to link them through something like imgur or imgbb or whatever lmao.

G

Gorosei Informer

wasnt that temaris summoning jutsu in naruto? cool idea tbh
Yeah it was, she summoned the actual yokai so to speak, the weasel with the sickle or so.

@rerere This is a really fantastic idea, very fitting for him especially with the reasoning you gave. Very well thought out. I'm sold on it now lol.

Tbh, Kaido's attack vs the Scabbards with the slicing wind breath made me think of the Kamaitachi too and I've been waiting for Oda to reference it especially as a DF or actual yokai in Wano or so. At least somwhere in the story at minimum.

And I just realised something funny...

Kamazou...
Kamaitachi....

:Dr.Killer:

Dr Killer and his Will of PhD strikes again! That influence of such a genius!

:finally:

*edit*

I didn't even realise this but kama apparently translates to sicke or sickle and chain for example! It makes the connection so much more obvious now ofc!
https://www.nihongomaster.com/dictionary/entry/60840/kama

:jinbewat:

Yeah it was, she summoned the actual yokai so to speak, the weasel with the sickle or so.

@rerere This is a really fantastic idea, very fitting for him especially with the reasoning you gave. Very well thought out. I'm sold on it now lol.

Tbh, Kaido's attack vs the Scabbards with the slicing wind breath made me think of the Kamaitachi too and I've been waiting for Oda to reference it especially as a DF or actual yokai in Wano or so. At least somwhere in the story at minimum.

And I just realised something funny...

Kamazou...
Kamaitachi....

:Dr.Killer:

Dr Killer and his Will of PhD strikes again! That influence of such a genius!

:finally:
Yeah I noticed it too and checked: "kama" means "scythe" in japanese

Edit. I've just seen that you added it to the post :myman:

Thing is, he wouldn't be laughing all the time if it wasn't a failed smile right?
I considered this too, chances are that this was just the result of the joint lol
But there's still the possibility of the SMILE awakening under some particular situation (something that Oda should have to explain, obviously) and that would imply stopping the permanent laugh too

But there's still the possibility of the SMILE awakening under some particular situation (something that Oda should have to explain, obviously) and that would imply stopping the permanent laugh too
Makes sense. Would be kindof a waste to eat a DF, lose your ability to swim and just gain nothing from it, especially for someone like Killer. Only weak people of Ebisu (I think) ate "failed" smile fruits anyway, wouldn't be surprised if someone like Killer makes something of it.

Now, what if Killer's defective SMILE is similar to the one of Momonosuke and he will awaken it during the battle or in the future?
How is a defective SMILE similar to a perfectly operational artificial zoan?
Post automatically merged:

Makes sense. Would be kindof a waste to eat a DF, lose your ability to swim and just gain nothing from it, especially for someone like Killer. Only weak people of Ebisu ate "failed" smile fruits anyway, wouldn't be surprised if someone like Killer achieves something with it.
Or Killer ate a bad SMILE for Chopper to eventually cure him and the rest of eaters so the Kid Pirates are in good terms with the Straw Hats.

How is a defective SMILE similar to a perfectly operational artificial zoan?
Post automatically merged:

Or Killer ate a bad SMILE for Chopper to eventually cure him and the rest of eaters so the Kid Pirates are in good terms with the Straw Hats.
Wasn't Momo's SMILE considered a failure too? I didn't find the exact chapter, but this is stated in the Wiki

Btw that's more likely yeah

Wasn't Momo's SMILE considered a failure too? I didn't find the exact chapter, but this is stated in the Wiki

Btw that's more likely yeah
Momonosuke became a dragon as soon as he ate the fruit (literally seconds after, if I recall correctly). That doesn't sound like failure to me, and if Vegapunk's fruit (not SMILE) was considered as such I highly doubt it was in terms of its effects because, well, it was uneaten and no effect could be studied.