Fanclub King the Wildfire Fanclub

King is either the only one that is not dried by Aramaki's powers, or either the last one that was pierced by him, denoting that even if this is not good looking for him Oda at least cared to differentiate him from the other bums like Queen and the other fodders.
king definitely was the most nerfed one there. queen lost his cyborg arm, but king lost his wing and blade. Specifically his blade that can snatch away other sword

king definitely was the most nerfed one there. queen lost his cyborg arm, but king lost his wing and blade. Specifically his blade that can snatch away other sword
Queen also lost his sword on Sanji's neck. And it seems King now lost both wings for some reason, or at least they're not in the picture.
But the most important thing he lost was Kaido. The source of his protection, safety, confidence and the only true friend he could count on.
King not only lost a fight (after some 30 straight years of never losing), he lost his home and his place in the world.
He is in mourning and mentally broken.
Even if he gave it all in the fight against Ryokugyu, it was not the same as when Kaido lived. He was only fighting for his life, not for some superior goal like making Kaido the Pirate King or something.
I'm sure the only ray of hope left for him at this point, is to return to his old dream of finding Joy Boy who will change the world for him the way he wished it in the first place. But even that must be an ambivalentic feeling, because whether or not he is aware that Joy Boy is Luffy, he is certain that Joy Boy killed Kaido. Will he not wish to avenge his captain? Complicated.

Last edited:
Queen also lost his sword on Sanji's neck. And it seems King now lost both wings for some reason, or at least they're not in the picture.
But the most important thing he lost was Kaido. The source of is protection, safety, confidence and the only true friend he could count on.
King not only lost a fight (after some 30 straight years of never losing), he lost his home and his place in the world.
He is in mourning and mentally broken.
Even if he gave it all in the fight against Ryokugyu, it was not the same as when Kaido lived. He was only fighting for his life, not for some superior goal like making Kaido the Pirate King or something.
I'm sure the only ray of hope left for him at this point, is to return to his old dream of finding Joy Boy who will change the world for him the way he wished it in the first place. But even that must be an ambivalentic feeling, because whether or not he is aware that Joy Boy is Luffy, he is certain that Joy Boy killed Kaido. Will he not wish to avenge his captain? Complicated.
Seriously, you found a new way to make me feel sorry for him.

Seriously, you found a new way to make me feel sorry for him.
He wishes for the world to change. Change many times involves loss of what was earlier, before things can be built anew. He is now undergoing that process, but I'm sure Oda needs him for the next saga, or he wouldn't have shown him to us in a panel now. So whatever Oda has in store for him, I think of it now as the beginning of his new adventure. Have faith in him, he will prevail.

Will you stop measuring their d***s here? Luffy, Zoro, Katakuri and King are all wonderful, interesting characters I wish one day to see fighting side by side against the World Government, not against each other. There is so much more to these characters than mere fighting skills. If One Piece was only about power competitions I wouldn't have watched.