• Poor

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Awful

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

My man Ei Sei already knew that. :smithnie:

Anyway, Kyoukai taking action to save Shin using her life force was going to be a given considering this scene.

Regardless this is a step further than I was expecting. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

I certainly did not expect to see Yuuren again. Lol. Funny how despite the fact Kyoukai killed her, she was actually pretty casual with Kai and only insulted her when she revealed how far she was willing to go to save Shin.

Speaking of which, Hara is going extra hard on that KyouShin content. :catblush:

Overall, a promising chapter that interestingly develops the spiritual aspect of Kingdom further. :akaman:

On a side note, a quote of mine regarding the aforementioned spiritual aspect of Kingdom. :kizabat:
I have no problem with it being both. Lol. Kingdom has always been one part wars/battles/politics, one part philosophy/ideology and one part spiritualism.

Yet for some strange reason, some people seem to have completely focused on the political part to the point that when Hara returns to focus on the spiritualism aspect that has always been prevalent in his manga, people start losing their minds regarding a world where individuals possess auras that physically affect other people (since Chapter 10 no less).

A world where people see and interact with spirits.

In addition to all these panels, Ei Sei in Chapter 426 and 427 talks of the light that resides in all of humanity.

So we can also add every time these “lights of humanity” appear as well.
A world where individuals can manipulate their own life force to achieve practically superhuman feats.

Literally every Kyoukai priestess dance panel. Lol.
Yet despite all this, we somehow have folks complaining about a major aspect of the manga that has been there since the beginning of the series. :kaidowhat:

Utterly ridiculous. :rolaugh:
Edit: MangaSee images do not permanently stay on posts within this forum, so I am replacing any that are in my posts.

Last edited:
H

Homelander

Man end this quickly. We know she gonna die hara. :lawsigh:
Post automatically merged:

Imo, that half life force things is a kind of test, and Kyoukai just given them the right answer by giving all of her life force. By showing her resolve and pure intentions, she will be able to bring back Shin and return herself.
I surely hope so but its possible she will lose something.

He copied this from full metal alchemist haha. Edward sacrifices his alchemy to bring Al. I think we'll see kyoukai permentatly losing her fighting ability or something.
Post automatically merged:

The chapter was more likeable than i was expecting.
The idea of Bringing back the dead didn't sit right with me at first, bt now that i read the chapter, i actually liked it.
This is more of shipping chapter. I think this was unnecessary in part of war but mangaka is hinting kyou x shin like hella lot.

Xin should just marry her if he comes back alive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I’m not sure how I feel about this chapter tbh.

On the one hand, I really like the connection between the “light” aspects of mysticism like @Owl Ki pointed out with Sei and Kyoukai both referencing this “light” lol. I think there is undoubtedly a deeper meaning to this that Hara has already planned out, which is brilliant imo.

I never saw Kingdom as a manga about war or politics, I think this manga is at its core a manga about Humanity itself, with War and Politics simply being aspects of humanity that are the most important both historically and in the world that we live in today.

So I really do enjoy the spiritualism aspect of the story even though I myself am not a “spiritual” person at all irl.

Here’s where I take issue:

The concepts of “life and death” that Hara is playing with here, are extremely heavy ideas. One should not introduce them into a relatively realistic story like Kingdom only to break the rules surrounding them later.

Here’s what I mean by that:

If Kyoukai offers up her entire lifespan to save Shin (which she did this chapter), then as far as I’m concerned, Kyoukai is now dead. Like, she is gone from the story and has no business returning.

However, I’m sure Hara doesn’t actually intend for her to die and plans to have her somehow come back into the story.

So now my dilemma is, I don’t want Kyoukai to leave the story, but I now feel like she must actually die or else , for me, Kingdom will shatter the illusion of being a manga about humanity and will enter the realm of either being true Chinese propaganda or fairy tale bullshit imo.

When you establish iron clad rules about reality in your manga like Kingdom has (death = death, and the only way to have someone return from the dead is to give your own life/years of life), then you’d better not turn around and have Kyoukai sacrifice her entire lifespan to save Shin only to not actually die herself because of something like the power of love or friendship or whatever.

Idk man. I’m very nervous about this. People always bitched about Houken but in truth, I’ve personally always thought Kyoukai’s stories in this manga were just short of garbage, even her conflict with Ren pushed them limit for me in the sense that it was a really generic and uninteresting conflict that I mostly overlooked because the rest of Kingdom is so damn superb, but if Hara has Kyoukai give up her entire lifespan to save Shin but then doesn’t actually kill her off from the manga and has her return, then I think I’ll be about done with Kyoukai as a character. Lol

Idk. Am I being too harsh? @Owl Ki @Shanks

On the one hand, I really like the connection between the “light” aspects of mysticism like @Owl Ki pointed out with Sei and Kyoukai both referencing this “light” lol. I think there is undoubtedly a deeper meaning to this that Hara has already planned out, which is brilliant imo.

I never saw Kingdom as a manga about war or politics, I think this manga is at its core a manga about Humanity itself, with War and Politics simply being aspects of humanity that are the most important both historically and in the world that we live in today.

So I really do enjoy the spiritualism aspect of the story even though I myself am not a “spiritual” person at all irl.

The concepts of “life and death” that Hara is playing with here, are extremely heavy ideas. One should not introduce them into a relatively realistic story like Kingdom only to break the rules surrounding them later.

If Kyoukai offers up her entire lifespan to save Shin (which she did this chapter), then as far as I’m concerned, Kyoukai is now dead. Like, she is gone from the story and has no business returning.

However, I’m sure Hara doesn’t actually intend for her to die and plans to have her somehow come back into the story.

So now my dilemma is, I don’t want Kyoukai to leave the story, but I now feel like she must actually die or else , for me, Kingdom will shatter the illusion of being a manga about humanity and will enter the realm of either being true Chinese propaganda or fairy tale bullshit imo.

When you establish iron clad rules about reality in your manga like Kingdom has (death = death, and the only way to have someone return from the dead is to give your own life/years of life), then you’d better not turn around and have Kyoukai sacrifice her entire lifespan to save Shin only to not actually die herself because of something like the power of love or friendship or whatever.

Idk man. I’m very nervous about this. People always bitched about Houken but in truth, I’ve personally always thought Kyoukai’s stories in this manga were just short of garbage, even her conflict with Ren pushed them limit for me in the sense that it was a really generic and uninteresting conflict that I mostly overlooked because the rest of Kingdom is so damn superb, but if Hara has Kyoukai give up her entire lifespan to save Shin but then doesn’t actually kill her off from the manga and has her return, then I think I’ll be about done with Kyoukai as a character. Lol

Hmmm. These are very interesting thoughts. I like them. Lol.

To me, when Kyoukai offered her entire life, that did not automatically meant that she used her entire life to save Shin.

I am possibly about to use a rather mediocre analogy but if it gets a point across then it does its job. Lol.

Say I offer you a large steak pie and say “Have as much as you want.” and you eat half of it before you get full. I offered you a whole pie but it only required half a pie to get you full.

So, I do not consider it wholly necessary for Kyoukai to die for this plot line to work (especially since a KyouShin romance looks like it is about to go into full bloom :catblush:) though I am actually not against her dying (I do love me some heartbreaking tragedy :madmonk:).

I do however consider it necessary for a hefty price to be paid, preferably one that has immediate consequences and I do believe there is an immediate and hefty consequence that would truly be felt by both the reader and the characters.

Have it so that Kyoukai can no longer perform the Shiyuu Priestess Dance

This would be a devastating and meaningful consequence for Kyoukai. She would lose one of her greatest abilities, an ability that is so interwoven into her character and her backstory that to lose it would be to change her very character. It would be comparable to Luffy losing the ability to use the Gum Gum Fruit.

Kyoukai is also a character that we have never seen truly struggle with anything. Yeah, she had her moment when Yuuren whooped her arse but that was immediately negated by Kai getting right back up and neg diffing Ren. Lol.

The Priestess Dance should also go for one other reason. It has simply gotten too damn powerful.

Injured and exhausted Kyoukai could go toe to toe with Houken with the improved version of the Priestess Dance (shall we call it the “Advanced Priestess Dance”?).

Now I do not mind this for a last hurrah of the ability but to have it be available and used beyond now would be a dubious decision. How powerful would a fresh Kyoukai be? She would currently have a legitimate claim to the title of strongest character in the entire manga. She is not even a 5000 man commander yet. :rolaugh:

So yeah, Kai losing her ability to use the Shiyuu Priestess Dance would be a suitable and meaningful sacrifice and consequence of her saving Shin.

Last edited:
H

Homelander

This was shipping chapter , Hara is big fan of kyou x Xin for long . Xin is too obvious to understand love and stuff probably he will feel different about Kyou kai from now on . I wont be surprised if they get married next chapter lol .

I agree of agree they shouldnt have brought magical power or such stuff .

Tbh, i wasn't prepared to see all revival process this way. It's clear that neither shin nor KyouKai (even after transferring life force) going to die but what was the point of showing all this. Kingdom is based on real history so it should have kept this godly spiritualistic techniques out of manga.

If you wanted to put shin in worst situation than show him in coma or put the necessity of doing surgeries (lol) but why this all revival drama. Even there KyouKai would be useful (if that hara wants) coz she knows too many good techniques in medical field. Otherwise bring Orochimaru. :afrokappa:

Tbh, i wasn't prepared to see all revival process this way. It's clear that neither shin nor KyouKai (even after transferring life force) going to die but what was the point of showing all this.

If you wanted to put shin in worst situation than show him in coma or put the necessity of doing surgeries (lol) but why this all revival drama. Even there KyouKai would be useful (if that hara wants) coz she knows too many good techniques in medical field. Otherwise bring Orochimaru. :afrokappa:
I currently believe that the two outcomes Hara is aiming for are establishing a romantic relationship between Kai and Shin and setting up Kyoukai to lose her ability to utilise the Shiyuu Priestess Dance as the price for saving Shin’s life.

Supposedly something terrible will happen to an individual if they use the taboo Life Renewal technique thus making the Shiyuu Elders advise one to never use it.

So the question is, what would the Shiyuu Clans fear? I do not believe it is death since they basically know there is an afterlife and the ritual candidates for each clan are more or less bred to die.

I would say that there is perhaps only one thing that would truly frighten the Shiyuu Eldars enough to advise against using this technique.

That is if a scenario were to happen in which their chosen ritual candidates, the ones within a clan who are the most skilled at manipulating their life force and thus perhaps even making them the only ones who can even attempt the Life Renewal technique, were to lose their ability to utilise their life force and be unable to perform the Priestess Dance and unable to partake in the ritual, the entire event that the clans dedicate their entire society to.
Kingdom is based on real history so it should have kept this godly spiritualistic techniques out of manga.
Well, it is based on historical events but that does not make the series wholly realistic in terms of imitating the real world, which it never 100% was or was designed to be. It is still a fictional world with it’s own laws and rules.

As for that comment on spirituality, I always have my old spiritualism in Kingdom essay to quote. :madmonk:
I have no problem with it being both. Lol. Kingdom has always been one part wars/battles/politics, one part philosophy/ideology and one part spiritualism.

Yet for some strange reason, some people seem to have completely focused on the political part to the point that when Hara returns to focus on the spiritualism aspect that has always been prevalent in his manga, people start losing their minds regarding a world where individuals possess auras that physically affect other people (since Chapter 10 no less).

A world where people see and interact with spirits.

In addition to all these panels, Ei Sei in Chapter 426 and 427 talks of the light that resides in all of humanity.

So we can also add every time these “lights of humanity” appear as well.
A world where individuals can manipulate their own life force to achieve practically superhuman feats.

Along with literally every time that Kyoukai uses the Shiyuu Priestess Dance onscreen. Lol.
Yet despite all this, we somehow have folks complaining about a major aspect of the manga that has been there since the beginning of the series. :kaidowhat:

Utterly ridiculous. :rolaugh:
Edit: MangaSee images do not permanently stay on posts within this forum, so I am replacing any that are in my posts.

Last edited:
So it appears i was not alone in fearing Death-Revival technique thing happening in Kingdom Manga.

I am only bit calm since such techniques really used to be part of tribes and Tribalism has been long part of Kingdom Manga.

Bt i would have preferred if they played part upto where they were believable like local medicines that can heal instantly/(claimsd diseases that can't be healed) and sort. Since they actually has some truth to it.

Similarly i do believe these Tribes also had stories of forbidden mantra being passed down through generations about revivals from Dead, bt i would have rather enjoyed em failing to revive some not-so-much imp character. That would have solidified the iron clad rule about Death in Kingdom Manga and reality about it.
I mean if characters can be revived after being Dead what was wrong with what Houken was trying to achieve than?
Deity and Revival things should be considered only myth and rumours in the story, it kinda gives bad feeling to me when the MC gets to come back from Dead or get some other Plot/unusual/rare benefits in Manga that would not be possible otherwise for other characters.

Shin could have been sent to Coma, or could have to be taken to best Doctor/medic available in the vicinity, with some restriction about not being able to fight properly for some duration would have done the trick.

Didn't realize the chapter was already out :feelscryingman:. Really enjoyed it tho~! Would have me a Kyoukai-centric chapter any day:funky:.

Just gotta say tho, that one panel in which Kyoukai offered off all of her life span for Shin was fcking beautiful:catcry:. It's interesting though, does Kyoukai actually realize why she is feeling the way she is feeling right now "what could possibly be worse than this" or "I don't wanna lose him no matter the cost, so I'll give him everything I have". Like Shin she's pretty dense lolz so I wouldn't be surprised if she's still not yet conscious of the fact that she has very strong feelings for Shin.

Also on the issue of Kyoukai having to pay some sort of price for saving Shin, I agree with @Admiral Lee Hung that Kyoukai should indeed pay a hefty price for bringing Shin back to life else it'd be a bit fairy tail~ish. I mean the fact that she was willing to give her whole life span for Shin without a second thought was sweet & I'd probably have let it slide if it was my decision to make lolz but I feel Kingdom would lose a bit of it's realism if Hara doesn't make her pay a hefty price for reviving Shin. She defo can't lose her life tho, else Hara would have me to deal with :attachpol: but I can defo see her losing the ability to use her priestess dance like @Owl Ki suggested. The bit I quoted above "I don't want to lose him no matter the cost, so I'll give him everything I have" could potentially be a foreshadowing to her losing her priestess dance. Coz if you think about it, the priestess dance is all Kyoukai really has, it's her most priced possession. A part of me thinks it's a fair enuff price to pay for bringing Shin back and I'm also interested to see how things will develop if she loses it but still, as a Kyoukai fan, the priestess dance is a fundamental part of Kyoukai's character not just from a readers perspective (it'd mean no more savagery from Kyoukai for the time being) but from the character's perspective as well (that dance is dear to her) so I'm a bit conflicted on it:josad:

Status
Not open for further replies.