Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Hell. Yes. This was most certainly a "Blew My Mind" chapter. I'm about to go off on yall for a minute here.

This for me is one of the Chapters that makes Kingdom an absolute top tier manga. It is such an expertly written, expertly paced work that most other manga cannot touch in terms of overall quality.

The main reason I say this, is because Ou Sen actually takes the time this chapter to verbally confirm a sentiment that I myself have been analyzing for myself lately. And that would be these pages right here:

You see, Riboku haters (@Jo_Ndule ) are objectively wrong and I'm glad Hara took the time to actually confirm that through Ou Sen himself lol.

I shit you guys not, I was just thinking the other day that Ou Sen and Riboku this arc, were at best tactical equals with Ri Boku actually being the better tactician if we analyze the arc on a deeper level. Had the Zhao King actually cooperated with Riboku's grand strategy, Ou Sen would've been utterly shit stomped by 100,000 Kan Tan Elite in addition to the forces Riboku had already gathered.

Even without the Zhao King's interference, it was Riboku's grand strategy that allowed him to eliminate both Makou and Akou from Shukai Plains while Ou Sen had absolutely no answer to these plays. Without Mou Ten literally saving the Qin Left from utter extinction, Ri Boku would've essentially defeated Ou Sen on day 1 of Shukai Plains, and had Shin and Ouhon not Awakened their units, then the Right would've gone to the Zhao as well (though I suppose Ousen does get a bit of credit here as he intentionally chose to withhold aid from Shin and Ouhon to force an awakening from them.)

That's the whole theme of this arc summed up really, illustrating the similarities in ability between Ousen and Riboku (with Riboku having the slight edge), with the dynamic between Qin and Zhao (Qin being unified under a glorious King and a New Gen fueled by the dream of unification while the Zhao being restricted by their pathetic King and and no real ideology to tie all of their Generals together) being what ultimately decides the battle in Qin's favor.

However, using the most foolish of Manga analysis possible, people might have been tempted to think that Ousen and Riboku started the arc off as equals with Ousen just straight up surpassing him, with all the panels we got like this one:

That people would've fallaciously assumed as painting Riboku and Ousen as equals, even though that's clearly and objectively not what this arc actually demonstrated.

The reason I say this, is because the fact that Hara himself actually took the time this chapter, to have Ousen verbally and definitively state that it was Riboku who was actually the superior tactician all along, with Ousen only emerging victorious due to the extreme strength and talent of the new generation fighting underneath him, is just absolutely incredible.

There is no dissonance between the manga Hara writes and the commentary he provides within that manga.

For example, Hara doesn't spend any time hyping up Big Mom and Kaido-esque characters into oblivion only to spend an entire arc shitting on them and treating them like objective trash, while simultaneously trying to feed the reader bullshit about how said Big Mom and Kaido-esque figures are "unstoppable" or wtf ever while he simultaneously stops them in every other panel immediately following.

Hara spends an entire arc painting Riboku >= Ousen, with Ousen only winning the battle due to the awakening of the New Qin Generation, and then actually delivers a commentary accurate to that narrative. There can literally now be no misinterpretation of the true trajectory of Shukai Plains and the invasion of Zhao, because the victor himself is straight up giving a commentary that 100% matches what actually happened instead of feeding the reader bullshit that has nothing to do with what is actually happening on panel, like some other manga out there cough cough.

There is no dissonance in Kingdom. It truly is one of the most supremely well-written manga out there, and this chapter is a shining example of that notion.

10/10 Chapter baby.

It was a fantastic chapter!!

Riboku was ahead of Ousen tactically all along and I'm super glad that Hara made Ousen to admit that...

Ousen's attack on Riboku's rear and Riboku's response during night time is classic Kingdom tactics...Glad we are back to this stuff...I prefer this much more than spiritual stuff...

Ten being bit behind Ouhon and Mouten was also good to see...Hope we see Shin using his instincts to get out of trouble rather than not reacting at all to the danger.....

Kanki was as usual badass!! Now Gyou's doors are opened from the inside...we are coming to end of the war I think.... Majority of Kanki's forces can enter into Gyou's castle and drive Zhao's citizens out while some part of his army and Ousen army can keep Riboku at bay until Kanki totally captures the castle....

I think the normal consensus would be Riboku Army is completely now fucked that the Gates are now open, but i think the situation can also turn opposite due to very same reason i.e Gyou city Gates opening.

It was mentioned few chapters back that a considerate amount of soliders were also stationed inside the city and if they join in Riboku forces, the tide of war can shift imo.

But the question is, will that be enough? To win the war? Maybe not.
But to even the battle? Yes i think so together with Riboku leadership skills.
Why? Because Hara has to to make the battle outcome uncertain for it to be interesting for fans, which wouldn't be achieved if it turns out to be one sided victory for Kanki.
So i think either the City numbers gonna give Riboku some advantage or his Leadership will pump up strength back in Riboku Army. We have already witnessed how YTW could turn the tide when her warriors were completely exhausted and down, and were cornered by 100x times their numbers. Riboku also is very good leader.

I am also curious as to if by some tiny chance Riboku makes it inside of Gyou city first instead of or before Kanki( he's also been waiting for same) , and can that allow Riboku the W?
Normally this would be the ideal strategy, to capture the fort and close the Gates and then there Victory would be certain. But the city is already out of food, and citizen were causing mayhem already to the point that they forced openex a Gate, so that raises the question can Riboku keep em calm, defend a city without any food?
I think it depends on Hara, for Riboku is great leader and i am bringing it again, since i heavily feel it will play an imp part in this battle. And we already witnessed how leadership can make the diff of day n night as El Sei proved during Coalition war.

I am also considering the possibility that, if Riboku somehow wins here, will Qin forces be obliterated to last Man like they initially projected? Or could we take liberty to think outside our limited possibilities and exploit the various ways they could still survive if like the Plan to Gyou fails?

The reason i am undergoing this, well some already knows and won't mention it here.
If Ousen don't head towards Gyou since he is so confident of Kanki's victory, could he come up with another plan that could hit Zhao with their pants down, ie their savior Riboku, occupied?
Mayne not, since Ousen Army isn't big enough to achieve that and he already considered the targets that could be exploited before and there doesn't seem to be another way. But Ousen intelligence might just allow em something, so i keep hoping.

I just love this chapter for the number of possibilities it opens up, and maybe everything will go according to Plan, but i think Hara could surprise us with something new that most ain't considering.

The respect shown by Ousen to Riboku is just..:steef::steef::steef:
The writing of the story itself is just worthy of being mind blown chapter. It was such captivating and I actually re-read so many dialogues and info box multiple times. :wellwell:
Kanki sending out his Big Guns to quickly deal with the exhausted Zhao army was just another display of his Big Brain (not so much of a hype though).
I'm actually feeling sad for Riboku though. Dude gave everything he got and beyond only to loose against the Pawns of the Opposition.:cheers:

It was a great chapter for sure, but there are two points for me that reduces the greatness of the chapter a little bit.

1. Shin being battle fit.
Sure Shin said that it's feel heavy for him to swing the glaive and doing a battle. But considering that he just experience a near death battle against Houken, I would expect Shin to not be in a condition as good as he currently is. And that he would be in the back or in the middle of his unit and giving them order from there, not leading from the first line like that.​
2. Shin almost caught by surprise counterattack from Riboku.
It's disappointing to see Hara choose to do that and having Ten to sense it instead of Shin. I mean, something like that is supposed to be an Instinctual general's forte. Sure there could be made an argument that Shin's instinct isn't yet top tier or consistent or etcetera. But considering that someone like Ten was capable of sensing it yet Shin doesn't have even the slightest clue of what happens is bad decisions by Hara on my opinions.​

"There are others above him when it comes to actual battlefield" they said
"His main thing is preplanning and politics" they said

Nah bruh, this man is the greatest general in China period. Whether its preplanning, on spot planning, post planning w.e you want to divide tactics and strategies into, this man is the GOAT. And we ain't even see him go all out yet.

:finally:

Hara keeps stacking the deck with Riboku in building him to be the #1 general in all of China, the biggest obstacle in Qin's unification, this chapter just sets it in stone.

Nice chapter tho, other than Ousen stating the obvious stuff, pretty chill. Nothing too exciting or mind blowing for me in here. Curious to see what goes down next chapter.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
"There are others above him when it comes to actual battlefield" they said
"His main thing is preplanning and politics" they said

Nah bruh, this man is the greatest general in China period. Whether its preplanning, on spot planning, post planning w.e you want to divide tactics and strategies into, this man is the GOAT. And we ain't even see him go all out yet.

:finally:

Hara keeps stacking the deck with Riboku in building him to be the #1 general in all of China, the biggest obstacle in Qin's unification, this chapter just sets it in stone.

Nice chapter tho, other than Ousen stating the obvious stuff, pretty chill. Nothing too exciting or mind blowing for me in here. Curious to see what goes down next chapter.
I’m on board with Godboku hype, but Riboku tactically outplaying Ousen doesn’t mean that Riboku can defeat the likes of Renpa or Yo Tan Wa in open warfare. Lol

thanks Ousen i was just about to make a thread or something discussing how Riboku would have low diffed you if not because of the new gen and he proved himself to be the better general but Ousen himself admited it so there is no need to anymore lol
and also the chapter was great 4/5.
Low diffed?

Riboku got defeated by historical plot armor, but in the process Ousen still managed to tore him a new asshole.

Riboku spent months if not years simulating ways to defend western Zhao From Qin. It took SHK 1 year to come up with a plan. When it blew up Ousen came up with a brand new plan on the spot in a matter of days.

Qin abandons Retsubi
RBK: WTF? They're dead meat
Ousen: Locust Plan
RBK: Holy fuck, I've never seen that

Gyou's supplies still outlast Qin's
RBK: They are dead meat
Ousen: Undercover Qin soldiers inside Gyou
RBK: Wut

RBK is forced to go on the offensive
Ousen: Copy paste hybrid army trick
RBK: Fuck, let's run to Gyou
Ousen: Let's devastate his rear
RBK: OK, let's fucking run away at night with half of the army
Ousen: K, chill guys. He ain't getting past Kanki anyway

RBK overall had a better showing at the battle of Shukai Plains where Ousen sat there relaying on plot armor but if you look at the campaign as a whole Riboku has been dancing to Ousen's tune all along. Literally everything from Retsubi onwards went as Ousen planned, with Riboku always one step behind playing catch up.

Oh, and yes, Qin had better pawns. But RBK had more men and unlimited food.

Damn this was a good chapter. To finally see everything coming together, to see the culmination of Ousen’s strategy, the new generation of Qin’s future generals rising up to the challenge and the fall of Gyou city.

I have to say, the one person I feel sorry for in all of this, it is Earl Chouki. That man was a straight up humanitarian that took in each and every refugee of Zhao, fed them, sheltered them and protected them as best as he could. To see all those refugees that he easily could have left starving in the wilderness outside of Gyou’s walls, turn on him, burn his city, kill his troops and repay his kindness by essentially handing over Gyou to feckin Kanki the Beheader of all people (did they honestly think he got that epithet by being an honourable general? Lol.) then damn son, poor Chouki must be feeling pretty gutted over how his kindness has been re-payed.

I know these people are acting out of sheer desperation but honestly, if Kanki mows them down afterwards then I doubt I could actually feel sorry for the folks that offered Gyou on a silver platter to Qin because Earl Chouki made the mistake of being kind to them.

Is it just me or was Sou’ou looking like an instinctual general this chapter?
He seemed to effortlessly weave around Riboku’s lines after just looking at them for a moment, in order to hit the Riboku Army’s core. He also seems to act like Qin’s other instinctual types (e.g. Shin and Duke Hyou) in his thirst for fighting and tendency to lead from the front.

Zenou being a beast as always. :finally:

That post battle analysis by Ousen was fantastic. Hara breaking down exactly what happened through the Big Ou himself. :myman:

Hell. Yes. This was most certainly a "Blew My Mind" chapter. I'm about to go off on yall for a minute here.

This for me is one of the Chapters that makes Kingdom an absolute top tier manga. It is such an expertly written, expertly paced work that most other manga cannot touch in terms of overall quality.

The main reason I say this, is because Ou Sen actually takes the time this chapter to verbally confirm a sentiment that I myself have been analyzing for myself lately. And that would be these pages right here:

You see, Riboku haters (@Jo_Ndule ) are objectively wrong and I'm glad Hara took the time to actually confirm that through Ou Sen himself lol.

I shit you guys not, I was just thinking the other day that Ou Sen and Riboku this arc, were at best tactical equals with Ri Boku actually being the better tactician if we analyze the arc on a deeper level. Had the Zhao King actually cooperated with Riboku's grand strategy, Ou Sen would've been utterly shit stomped by 100,000 Kan Tan Elite in addition to the forces Riboku had already gathered.

Even without the Zhao King's interference, it was Riboku's grand strategy that allowed him to eliminate both Makou and Akou from Shukai Plains while Ou Sen had absolutely no answer to these plays. Without Mou Ten literally saving the Qin Left from utter extinction, Ri Boku would've essentially defeated Ou Sen on day 1 of Shukai Plains, and had Shin and Ouhon not Awakened their units, then the Right would've gone to the Zhao as well (though I suppose Ousen does get a bit of credit here as he intentionally chose to withhold aid from Shin and Ouhon to force an awakening from them.)

That's the whole theme of this arc summed up really, illustrating the similarities in ability between Ousen and Riboku (with Riboku having the slight edge), with the dynamic between Qin and Zhao (Qin being unified under a glorious King and a New Gen fueled by the dream of unification while the Zhao being restricted by their pathetic King and and no real ideology to tie all of their Generals together) being what ultimately decides the battle in Qin's favor.

However, using the most foolish of Manga analysis possible, people might have been tempted to think that Ousen and Riboku started the arc off as equals with Ousen just straight up surpassing him, with all the panels we got like this one:

That people would've fallaciously assumed as painting Riboku and Ousen as equals, even though that's clearly and objectively not what this arc actually demonstrated.

The reason I say this, is because the fact that Hara himself actually took the time this chapter, to have Ousen verbally and definitively state that it was Riboku who was actually the superior tactician all along, with Ousen only emerging victorious due to the extreme strength and talent of the new generation fighting underneath him, is just absolutely incredible.

There is no dissonance between the manga Hara writes and the commentary he provides within that manga.

For example, Hara doesn't spend any time hyping up Big Mom and Kaido-esque characters into oblivion only to spend an entire arc shitting on them and treating them like objective trash, while simultaneously trying to feed the reader bullshit about how said Big Mom and Kaido-esque figures are "unstoppable" or wtf ever while he simultaneously stops them in every other panel immediately following.

Hara spends an entire arc painting Riboku >= Ousen, with Ousen only winning the battle due to the awakening of the New Qin Generation, and then actually delivers a commentary accurate to that narrative. There can literally now be no misinterpretation of the true trajectory of Shukai Plains and the invasion of Zhao, because the victor himself is straight up giving a commentary that 100% matches what actually happened instead of feeding the reader bullshit that has nothing to do with what is actually happening on panel, like some other manga out there cough cough.

There is no dissonance in Kingdom. It truly is one of the most supremely well-written manga out there, and this chapter is a shining example of that notion.

10/10 Chapter baby.
A 10/10 post for a 10/10 chapter. :akaman:

Edit: MangaSee images do not permanently stay on posts within this forum, so I am replacing any that are in my posts.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Literally everything from Retsubi onwards went as Ousen planned, with Riboku always one step behind playing catch up.
No, not everything.

Riboku slays Makou-> Ousen has literally no answer to this. It was Mouten who saved the Left Wing from annihilation.

Riboku tells Bananji how to defeat Akou’s Shells Formation-> Ousen again has no answer to this, even if we give him partial credit for the HSU and GH awakenings.

Riboku’s center army initially was overwhelming Denrimi and Sou’Ou-> Ousen here was actually forced to play catch-up (though he did)

And otherwise speaking, every inch of ground Qin gained at Shukai Plains was thanks to the Qin New Gen and not Ousen himself. Though I will grant you, Ousen’s strategy for Gyou itself was something Riboku couldn’t entirely see through.

^and a some of this happens as Riboku even has to deal with Ordo and his invasion of Eastern Zhao.

Riboku wouldn’t have low diffed Ousen, I agree there, but it’s hard to deny that we’re it not for Mouten, Riboku would’ve decided Shukai plains on day one lol.

I really enjoyed the chapter, but I'm not gonna lie, hearing OUSEN saying Riboku's men are tired when it's QIN that has been out of food for days is just retarted. Not to mention that most of Riboku's men are part of the central army, which barely fought.
It makes perfect sense.

Ousen’s core army only fought for one day. They had been rested for basically fourteen days. Not only that but Ousen’s core army still actually had food left.

Last chapter, Denrimi said they would pool their food supplies left for those participating in the chase.

We see Ten and Shin eating in this chapter.

The reason why the men in Riboku’s core army were as tired as they were when they faced the Kanki Army was because they had been fighting and running for a straight day and a night with no rest whatsoever. Even the Qin forces during the Battle of Shukai Plains still rested overnight.

Then after all that, they then had to face a fully prepared, fresh Kanki Army.

Hara literally spelt out exactly what happened. Lol.
It was a great chapter for sure, but there are two points for me that reduces the greatness of the chapter a little bit.

1. Shin being battle fit.
Sure Shin said that it's feel heavy for him to swing the glaive and doing a battle. But considering that he just experience a near death battle against Houken, I would expect Shin to not be in a condition as good as he currently is. And that he would be in the back or in the middle of his unit and giving them order from there, not leading from the first line like that.​
To be fair, we have seen characters in Kingdom with far more grievous injuries than Shin in this chapter, continue to fight on.

•Moubu continuing to fight Chu soldiers after an extreme diff fight with Kanmei and a broken wrist with the bone protrudinglooking like it just sheared through an artery.

•Duke Hyou continuing to fight after losing an arm and even temporarily overpowering Houken in such a condition.

•Choutou eating enough poison to the face to kill a whole ten man unit but still being a nigh unstoppable juggernaut anyway.

•That random Mangoku Army soldier who got back to his feet after losing an arm and getting his neck sliced. That dude was seriously feckin freaky for a fodder.

•Mougou getting right back up after getting his arm sliced off.

•Ouki overwhelming Houken and continuing to neg diff Zhao troops despite the gaping hole in his chest.

I was initially surprised to see that Shin was at the front but honestly, it is not a big deal. He is only attacking Zhao fodder from behind. Lol.
2. Shin almost caught by surprise counterattack from Riboku.
It's disappointing to see Hara choose to do that and having Ten to sense it instead of Shin. I mean, something like that is supposed to be an Instinctual general's forte. Sure there could be made an argument that Shin's instinct isn't yet top tier or consistent or etcetera. But considering that someone like Ten was capable of sensing it yet Shin doesn't have even the slightest clue of what happens is bad decisions by Hara on my opinions.​
In terms of strategy and tactics, Shin is undoubtedly the weakest of the new gen Qin Generals and it is where I expect Shin to face challenges and grow as a general in the future when he becomes a General. Him almost getting caught out by Riboku, who is amongst the absolute pinnacle of strategic generals in all of China, is just highlighting this.

Edit: MangaSee images do not permanently stay on posts within this forum, so I am replacing any that are in my posts.

Last edited:
No, not everything.

Riboku slays Makou-> Ousen has literally no answer to this. It was Mouten who saved the Left Wing from annihilation.

Riboku tells Bananji how to defeat Akou’s Shells Formation-> Ousen again has no answer to this, even if we give him partial credit for the HSU and GH awakenings.

Riboku’s center army initially was overwhelming Denrimi and Sou’Ou-> Ousen here was actually forced to play catch-up (though he did)

And otherwise speaking, every inch of ground Qin gained at Shukai Plains was thanks to the Qin New Gen and not Ousen himself. Though I will grant you, Ousen’s strategy for Gyou itself was something Riboku couldn’t entirely see through.

^and a some of this happens as Riboku even has to deal with Ordo and his invasion of Eastern Zhao.

Riboku wouldn’t have low diffed Ousen, I agree there, but it’s hard to deny that we’re it not for Mouten, Riboku would’ve decided Shukai plains on day one lol.
Reread my post lol. I already said that Riboku looked better at Shukai plains and Ousen had plot armor, but in the grand scheme of things Ousen's job was to keep Riboku there while Gyou collapsed, and until the last day of Shukai plains Riboku didn't even had a clue. At some point, when there was the meeting with Ouhon saying to target Gakuei Zhao had stopped fighting, effectively helping Qin. Riboku didn't even realize it.

Heck, Riboku literally thought the war was over the moment Qin took Retsubi. He thought they would be fucked and couldn't move. Meanwhile Ousen was picturing Kanki drinking wine on Gyou's wall.

Riboku "won" the battle at Shukai but lost the war for Gyou. Sure, he HAD to lose of course. But while he kicked Ousen's ass at Shukai meanwhile Ousen was playing on the entire western Zhao front and took Gyou.

It makes perfect sense.

Ousen’s core army only fought for one day. They had been rested for basically fourteen days. Not only that but Ousen’s core army still actually had food left.

Last chapter, Denrimi said they would pool their food supplies left for those participating in the chase.
We see Ten and Shin eating in this chapter.
The reason why the men in Riboku’s core army were as tired as they were when they faced the Kanki Army was because they had been fighting and running for a straight day and a night with no rest whatsoever. Even the Qin forces during the Battle of Shukai Plains still rested overnight.

Then after all that, they then had to face a fully prepared, fresh Kanki Army.

Hara literally spelt exactly what happened. Lol.
Yes, it makes sense that Qin was the one rationing food, the one that actually ran out of food and fought with an empty stomach but it doesn't stop them from steam rolling Zhao at the Shukai plains. Then, fully supplied essentially fresh Zhao soldiers March through the night and suddenly it matters again and they are tired.

The way the stamina situation was handled was probably the weakest part of the arc to be honest.

No, not everything.

Riboku could have won this 4 times if not for new gen
as you said Riboku killed Makou and would have annihilated left wing and won the battle if not for Mouten on 1st day
Then he made another plan that would have resulted in Akou death if he wouldn't have been saved ( don't really remember who saved him, was it Akakin?) And annihilation of right wing
Then again he gave them a strategy that would have resulted in Ouhon death and again right wing annahilation if not for plot armor and sacrifices of his unit
and when finally a strategy that was the only thing Ousen was working on for the last fifteen days worked and Riboku was caught in a pincer attack he created a counter attack with Bananji and Futei in minutes that got Ousen in the same pincer attack and would have resulted in his death if not for Ouhon and Mouten saving his ass again

To be fair, we have seen characters in Kingdom with far more grievous injuries than Shin in this chapter, continue to fight on.

•Moubu continuing to fight Chu soldiers after an extreme diff fight with Kanmei and a broken wrist with the bone protrudinglooking like it just sheared through an artery.

•Duke Hyou continuing to fight after losing an arm and even temporarily overpowering Houken in such a condition.

•Choutou eating enough poison to the face to kill a whole ten man unit but still being a nigh unstoppable juggernaut anyway.

•That random Mangoku Army soldier who got back to his feet after losing an arm and getting his neck sliced. That dude was seriously feckin freaky for a fodder.

•Mougou getting right back up after getting his arm sliced off.

•Ouki overwhelming Houken and continuing to neg diff Zhao troops despite the gaping hole in his chest.

I was initially surprised to see that Shin was at the front but honestly, it is not a big deal. He is only attacking Zhao fodder from behind. Lol.
With the example you posted above being either not a near death situation or they ended up dead.

So for Shin to be still kicking after a near death experience like that is a bad writing from Hara.

In terms of strategy and tactics, Shin is undoubtedly the weakest of the new gen Qin Generals and it is where I expect Shin to face challenges and grow as a general in the future when he becomes a General. Him almost getting caught out by Riboku, who is amongst the absolute pinnacle of strategic generals in all of China, is just highlighting this.
You didn't get what I'm saying. Sensing something like that is the forte of an Instinctual general. So for Shin to be unable to sense it at all is a big bad decisions by Hara.

Status
Not open for further replies.