Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if there is a betrayal by Ousen, seems to be a trend with Kingdom as a series. Would be interesting to see how Ou Hon handles it and who he chooses to side with.
I think the same i expect him to betray Qin at some point maybe along with Kanki though i see a redemtion arc happening for him
But he didn't betray Qin in actual history and was even the one that lead the attack on Chu i believe so maybe not
P.s
I haven't read the actual history this is just something that people discussed in the spoiler section so if anybody wants to debate and talk about history with me please don't lol

You know guys, hear me out, because I was pondering this while I was in the shower.

We all seem to be of the opinion that Tou is going to win against Kochou here, and rightfully so, Tou is one of the absolute strongest Generals in this Manga and Kochou, while he's got some insane hype, we seem to be pretty sure that he's overall going to be weaker than the 6GG and the Great Heavens, whom Tou is comparable to.

However, it seems almost too obvious that Tou is going to win this. We know so little of Kochou and so much of Tou that betting on Tou seems to be like the really safe bet but..what if Hara understands this and wants his readers to be betting on Tou, so that he can ultimately shock us with how powerful Kochou is?

Hear me out: What if Kochou is actually stronger than the likes of Rinshoujou and Renpa, overall? What if the only reason Kochou never became a Great Heaven is because the Zhou court considered him to be their strongest General, and refused to allow him to die on the battlefield, instead selfishly keeping him in the Zhou Capital and using riches and status to entice him into not wanting to be a Great Heaven at all?

Or even, what if Kochou never wanted to be a Great Heaven, and his abilities were so great that the Zhou Court gave him the role of the Guardian of Kantan? Kinda like Shouheikun, who's abilities were Great General level but he was promoted above that rank without ever holding it?

What if, and I know this is about to catch some people off guard because it is a pretty radical idea, what if Kochou is actually a stronger General than Riboku? If you guys know anything about Riboku's past, you'll know that

the Zhou Court initially considered him a coward and essentially promoted him to Three Great Heavens because all the Generals they preferred over Riboku kept getting slaughtered by the XiongNu (lol), and when they finally sent Riboku to face the XiongNu out of reluctance/having no one else left to fight them, Riboku utterly destroyed them.

So what if Kochou was always the strongest Zhao General, but the Zhou Court refused to lose him and selfishly kept him inside Kantan, as their ultimate defense? It would be characteristically stupid and selfish of them to do so, right? It would be pretty easy for them to bribe someone like Kochou into having no interest in the Great Heavens rank and instead living a life of luxury and safety in the Zhao Capital.

So what if the General that Tou is about to go up against, is the strongest that Zhao has to offer? I'm not completely sold on this idea yet as I'm not sure what the overall purpose of making Kochou so damn strong would be (a "surpassing his master" moment for Tou?) but I think it's interesting to speculate on things that we aren't expecting lol.

Thoughts?

@Owl Ki @Blackbeard @Patryipe @Xione @Arara @Yo Tan Wa @Bullet @RayanOO @Perun
I think this would've been possible bro had it not been for the introduction of Shibashou. Shibashou despite having no grand title like Koushou has a much bigger hype around him. Shouldn't be the case if Koushou is meant to be a better general than Riboku.
Now as you already know this dude is meant to take the L from Kanki, which would then trigger Riboku reentering the battlefield with Shibashou. So I doubt this guy would be stronger than Riboku, considering Riboku then proceeded to put Qin at a deadstop.

I think Koushou is a pretty strong general on par with a Great General. He should give Tou a pretty decent challenge were they to clash and what not. But I think he'll be smart enough to realize that they have no choice but to retreat from here. The Zhao military will probably be led by him from now on, and the blame of the retreat gets put on Riboku as well, since he would have put Koushou in that situation.

(going on a Tou hype speech here for the hell of it xD)

As for Tou most people are already familiar with that hype of the perfect general. But the other hype that he received was the same hype that Ouki received from Riboku, being the general of Qin that needs to be eliminated first.

Then we find out that at coalition war, the two big generals who's capabilities China found out were Gouhoumei & Karin. And this war between Gouhoumei was supposed to be the battle to showcase the might of Tou. Brought by Rokuomi, but he tells Rokuomi to be quiet and that he doesn't even consider this war a battle against him & Gouhoumei.

The reason for that being is that he wants to develop the youth of Qin for the Unification of China, because he wants to make Ouki's dream a reality. Now this was also seen back in the Coalition arc when he put Mouten & Ouhon as commanders under him.

- Stated to be on par with Ouki
- Stated to be a general with no weakness
- Stated to be the general Wei should get rid of first if they want to fuck with Qin
- Had his eyes on the unification of China before the likes Moubu/Ousen/etc got on board
- Had consistently aimed at developing the youth of Qin, everytime they have fought under him, showing tremendous faith in their abilities. A long term planning only shown by SHK. To a certain extent shown by Ousen this arc only with the HSU.
- Hara is still holding on to reveal his true prowess as a great general.

Right now I don't think it would be wrong to assume that Tou is being projected as Qin's top general, who has yet to reveal his true prowess to the entirety of China. It could possible happen with the battle against Koushou, but I highly doubt that would be the case, rather it would in a big campaign against another state (with HSU more than likely under him). BUT if it is going to be this battle right here that is going to shock China about Tou's prowess, then for sure Koushou has to be a strong af of a general, but def. not stronger than Riboku, since Riboku is the big baddie for Zhou's 2nd campaign as well.

PS: I think Hara's building this dude up way too much for him to be considered weaker than all of Qin 6, unless all the Qin 6 are meant to surpass the likes of Ouki. Because this man's portrayal isn't any less than Renpa's or Ouki's when it comes to ability.

Last edited:
You know guys, hear me out, because I was pondering this while I was in the shower.

We all seem to be of the opinion that Tou is going to win against Kochou here, and rightfully so, Tou is one of the absolute strongest Generals in this Manga and Kochou, while he's got some insane hype, we seem to be pretty sure that he's overall going to be weaker than the 6GG and the Great Heavens, whom Tou is comparable to.

However, it seems almost too obvious that Tou is going to win this. We know so little of Kochou and so much of Tou that betting on Tou seems to be like the really safe bet but..what if Hara understands this and wants his readers to be betting on Tou, so that he can ultimately shock us with how powerful Kochou is?

Hear me out: What if Kochou is actually stronger than the likes of Rinshoujou and Renpa, overall? What if the only reason Kochou never became a Great Heaven is because the Zhou court considered him to be their strongest General, and refused to allow him to die on the battlefield, instead selfishly keeping him in the Zhou Capital and using riches and status to entice him into not wanting to be a Great Heaven at all?

Or even, what if Kochou never wanted to be a Great Heaven, and his abilities were so great that the Zhou Court gave him the role of the Guardian of Kantan? Kinda like Shouheikun, who's abilities were Great General level but he was promoted above that rank without ever holding it?

What if, and I know this is about to catch some people off guard because it is a pretty radical idea, what if Kochou is actually a stronger General than Riboku? If you guys know anything about Riboku's past, you'll know that

the Zhou Court initially considered him a coward and essentially promoted him to Three Great Heavens because all the Generals they preferred over Riboku kept getting slaughtered by the XiongNu (lol), and when they finally sent Riboku to face the XiongNu out of reluctance/having no one else left to fight them, Riboku utterly destroyed them.

So what if Kochou was always the strongest Zhao General, but the Zhou Court refused to lose him and selfishly kept him inside Kantan, as their ultimate defense? It would be characteristically stupid and selfish of them to do so, right? It would be pretty easy for them to bribe someone like Kochou into having no interest in the Great Heavens rank and instead living a life of luxury and safety in the Zhao Capital.

So what if the General that Tou is about to go up against, is the strongest that Zhao has to offer? I'm not completely sold on this idea yet as I'm not sure what the overall purpose of making Kochou so damn strong would be (a "surpassing his master" moment for Tou?) but I think it's interesting to speculate on things that we aren't expecting lol.

Thoughts?

I've also been considering about this possibility.

And if it's ended up being true, then it only mean one thing: It's time for Tou to get serious.

Thoughts?

maybe that's when the backup from Gyou will come handy.

maybe that's when the backup from Gyou will come handy.
The Gyou and Ryoyou army need to defeat the Zhao armies that surrounded them first before could come to aid to take Retsubi.

And it won't be that easy.

It's because on top of the already existing army that has surrounded Gyou (from beginning) and Ryoyou (after Yotanwa captured it) that kept increasing in numbers, now the Atsuyo army has been added to the forces that surrounded Gyou. Meanwhile the Northern general, whose name I don't remember, also has been added to the forces that surrounded Ryoyou.

Last edited:
I must say, I really enjoy chapters like this where we see the characters show their human side more.:akaman:

To see Shin looking out for and caring for Ten (lol, Shin is such a big bro type), to be reminded that despite her great intellect and cunning that Ten is at heart still so young, to see even the ordinary plebs from the HSU enjoying themselves (Ryuuyuu being Kingdom’s Sanji made me laugh).

I love seeing characters having tender and heartfelt moments together. It is actually one of the biggest things I miss about One Piece Post-TS, the sore lack of heartwarming moments between the crew as a whole.

I honestly got caught up in the hype and joy that all the characters here were showing over their achievement of taking Gyou. I laughed a good few times with this chapter.

This panel in particular was great.
Special comedic shout out to Zenou’s mad lads, the best couple in Sou’ou and Shiryou, thirsty as feck Koku’ou and Ogiko. :rolaugh:

Whatever shite happens to the Zhao court bureaucrats, they absolutely deserve it. Wasting the talents of the GOAT that is Riboku (who deduced every single one of Qin’s next moves from a freakin prison cell) and planning his execution. :lusalty:

I do not doubt for a single second that this is not Riboku’s end. He still has unfinished business to attend to in this storyline (such as Kanki and Shin).

As to how he gets out of his current situation, I am thinking that either the Zhao court realise their screw up and release him, Riboku has some political trick up his sleeve or Prince Ka takes the power from his father and pardons Riboku.

As for Tou vs Kochou and Shunsuiji, I would not be surprised if that gets off panaled and we only hear the aftermath, whatever it may be.

It is damn good to see Tou again though.:steef:

Overall, great chapter. I loved every moment. :cheers:

Something is wrong here :madmonk:

When your face is so ugly it melts metal bars. :kappa:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.