Rules Kingdom General Discussion

Contains historical spoilers

So i was thinking about how Hara's reforming the 6GG system to allow the new gen (Shin, Ouhon and Mouten) to join. After Kanki's defeat (?) one of the 5 also dies so that three seats are available.

It definitely won't be Ousen or Moubu since both have major roles during the endgame Chu conquest. Yotanwa's death doesn't really have any implications and Kanki will just probably escape to another state.

The remaining option is none other than Tou. The reason why i think he's the one to get replaced is because of the implications Hara did with Kou Yoku swearing to kill Rinbukun's killer multiple times. Kou Yoku holds a massive grudge towards Tou, both fought twice in an indecisive clash, would Hara do something different in the third round?

Now whether this is going to happen or not, Tou will definitely play a major role before he goes down by conquering the state of Han, but in order to hype Chu further beyond all other states as this final boss, would Hara raise the stakes and make this sacrifice?

@RayanOO @Owl Ki @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Jailer @TheKnightOfTheSea @Topi Jerami

So i was thinking about how Hara's reforming the 6GG system to allow the new gen (Shin, Ouhon and Mouten) to join. After Kanki's defeat (?) one of the 5 also dies so that three seats are available.

It definitely won't be Ousen or Moubu since both have major roles during the endgame Chu conquest. Yotanwa's death doesn't really have any implications and Kanki will just probably escape to another state.

The remaining option is none other than Tou. The reason why i think he's the one to get replaced is because of the implications Hara did with Kou Yoku swearing to kill Rinbukun's killer multiple times. Kou Yoku holds a massive grudge towards Tou, both fought twice in an indecisive clash, would Hara do something different in the third round?

Now whether this is going to happen or not, Tou will definitely play a major role before he goes down by conquering the state of Han, but in order to hype Chu further beyond all other states as this final boss, would Hara raise the stakes and make this sacrifice?

@RayanOO @Owl Ki @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Jailer @TheKnightOfTheSea @Topi Jerami
I guess it is possible. Tou is a relic of the previous generation whereas all the other current and soon to be Qin 6 are of a newer generation (I use the term "generation" similar to how Oda uses it for the Worst Gen even though characters like Urouge and Bege are old enough to be Luffy's father. Lol.)

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓

It could very well happen, would not surprise me.

I can also see something potentially happening to him during the final war against Gouhoumei. GHM vs Tou has been foreshadowed quite a bit.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

I have two problems with this:

1. This basically throws the established subplot of Shin, Ouhon, and Mouten competing for the seat of GG out of the window. When we were told that there would only be 5, Hara established that the sixth seat would be determined by the General who proved himself above the rest, and he highlighted Shin, Ouhon, and Mouten while doing this. Kanki leaves Qin, so sure, now there’s two spots open but..killing off Tou just to open a third spot so all three of the new Qin trio can conveniently all claim GG spots at the same time, seems a bit too convenient for me and throws that competition element away too easily.

2. Killing off Tou just to hype KouYoku just seems too juvenile for Kingdom for me. For one, does HakuRei not also deserve similar hype to Yoku? He and Yoku were always portrayed as equals after all. And for two, we’ve never needed Yoku or Rei to kill other Great Generals for us to take them seriously as threats. Obviously these two are still competing with Shin, Ouhon, and Mouten (we need an abbreviation for these 3 lol) but we don’t necessarily need to see them killing off major characters like Tou to prove this. It also seems like just a really abrupt ending for Tou..

But I do agree that Yoku and Tou certainly have a history with each other.

If i remember Tou after conquer Han or Yan him retires.

So with Kanki losing and Tou retiring and a empy seat, the three could be 6GG.

Kanki defects, one other might retire (Tou, I kinda doubt Hara kills him off, maybe Kouyoku gets the better of him but unsure if he gets killed), then the three spots get filled by the trio

Kouyoku is probably gonna be great general at some point, Hara has been building thr Chu duo to have a similar growth rate to the Qin new trio, and his feats are not to scuff at. He's gonna push Tou's shit in at some point.

Last edited:
If i remember Tou after conquer Han or Yan him retires.

So with Kanki losing and Tou retiring and a empy seat, the three could be 6GG.
he will become govroner of hand land
---

nah hara doesn't need to kill tou to hype evil shin
the young gen of chu doing great as feats compared to kaine and fotei lol

i think what hara should do
is introducing more new generals of qin then kill them , cuz there's a few , so it can't be that ony hishin or ohon moten officers who get killed .

for now there's only 3 under kanki 3 under ousen 3 under tou 2 under mobou = 11
unless hara gonna kill them all by the end of this manga lol

We need a separate thread for discussing historical spoilers.

A post here and there under spoiler tags is fine, but y’all are on some bullshit with it here.

It’s a complete turn off for anyone remotely interested in jumping in coming to this thread.

Last edited:
So I'm re-reading the battle of Chiyoyou wondering what Tou's real strength might be since he's supposed to be a general with no flaws i always thought he can do anything at a very high level like Renpa, but what if Tou is actually a Duke Hyou level instinctual General?

The way he noticed this trap definitely looks like it or he's so experienced where just a glance on the enemy formation is enough to see it.

I have two problems with this:

1. This basically throws the established subplot of Shin, Ouhon, and Mouten competing for the seat of GG out of the window. When we were told that there would only be 5, Hara established that the sixth seat would be determined by the General who proved himself above the rest, and he highlighted Shin, Ouhon, and Mouten while doing this. Kanki leaves Qin, so sure, now there’s two spots open but..killing off Tou just to open a third spot so all three of the new Qin trio can conveniently all claim GG spots at the same time, seems a bit too convenient for me and throws that competition element away too easily.
The only reason there isn't already a 6th member of the new generation of 6GG is because there isn't another candidate that meets the criteria. Great Generals don't grow on trees. Especially those with talent comparable to the first generation of 6GG.

There is no other reason, nor is there anything special about the 6th vacant seat in particular. If they had someone who could fill it - they would. If Hara wanted to go in that direction, SHK could've easily filled that spot himself.

The Q3 have been ascending through the ranks at near identical rates throughout their careers. The rivalries among has pushed them to even greater heights and the Qin military has used that to their advantage. I don't know why anyone wouldn't expect them to take up seats within a similar timeframe.

2. Killing off Tou just to hype KouYoku just seems too juvenile for Kingdom for me.
lol, c'mon. It's Kingdom, let's pump the breaks a little.

There wouldn't be anything juvenile about it, you just don't like the idea of Tou dying/dying under those circumstances. That's fine. Just don't imply it's bad writing because you wouldn't like it.

For one, does HakuRei not also deserve similar hype to Yoku? He and Yoku were always portrayed as equals after all.
Only by reputation, and even that is flimsy. Hara has pretty much neglected giving the character anything concrete in the 500 or so chapters since the Coalition War.

And for two, we’ve never needed Yoku or Rei to kill other Great Generals for us to take them seriously as threats.
They have far less presence and panel time in the manga. To have them kill off formidable characters is simply a more time effective way of establishing the threat they represent.

Obviously these two are still competing with Shin, Ouhon, and Mouten (we need an abbreviation for these 3 lol) but we don’t necessarily need to see them killing off major characters like Tou to prove this. It also seems like just a really abrupt ending for Tou..
For the sake of making the rivalry somewhat interesting, Kou Yoku and Haku Rei are going to have to rack up some on panel achievements of significance. Right now, the Q3 are running away with it.

I'm not bullish on Tou dying, but I could very easily see it happen. I could just as easily see him lose an arm to Kou Yoku and retire from the front lines or whatever. (Which could lead to the Tou Army being absorbed into Great General Ri Shin's Army, but I digress.)

Kou Yoku will surpass Tou and a third encounter is only a matter of time. Whatever happens, I don't see Tou walking away from that without taking life altering damage at least.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
So I'm re-reading the battle of Chiyoyou wondering what Tou's real strength might be since he's supposed to be a general with no flaws i always thought he can do anything at a very high level like Renpa, but what if Tou is actually a Duke Hyou level instinctual General?

The way he noticed this trap definitely looks like it or he's so experienced where just a glance on the enemy formation is enough to see it.
This is maybe just the eye of a great general and his S class experience

Tou's experience plays a big part, but I think his super power is awareness.

Awareness of himself, his surroundings, the battlefield, the enemy, his allies - Tou is rarely surprised and never out of position. It's extremely difficult to catch him off guard.

The WFD arc was very insightful on him as a character. The way he deliberately provided opportunities for Shin and Ou Hon to grow and mature in pursuit of victory as he took the role of bait would certainly suggest he's shrewd and plans ahead.

Ou Ki wanted to conquer all of China with Ei Sei, and it's like Tou took it upon himself to be the bridge that facilitates the new generation of seeing it through.

In more ways than one, it'd be thematically fitting for Tou to die or be retired at the hands of a younger man like Kou Yoku.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
here is no other reason, nor is there anything special about the 6th vacant seat in particular.
To be clear, when I said this:

When we were told that there would only be 5, Hara established that the sixth seat would be determined by the General who proved himself above the rest,
I didn’t mean that the 6th spot was or would be better/stronger than the other Great Generals, I meant that no General worthy of holding the 6th seat had distinguished themselves as being on the same level as Moubu, Tou, Ousen, Yotanwa, and Kanki. Yet.

And when Hara gave the giant explanation of how the 6th GG would be determined when an individual worthy of the seat emerged while simultaneously showing us 3 panels of Shin, Ouhon, and Mouten, the implication was that the 3 of them would be competing with each other for the right to sit among the other Qin 6. 3 Generals, only 1 open seat.

And by Hara conveniently opening up other GG seats just so all three of them could fill seats simultaneously, we would lose that element of competition. That’s all lol.