Rules Kingdom General Discussion

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Arc 9: Completed.

Well, it took me some time but I finally picked up the Sanyou arc and finished it.

I'm not going to lie this arc felt slow as hell for some reason.

But to the goodies.

The introduction of Mouten and Ouhon turned out to be one of the best decisions Hara could think of ( learn how to introduce rivals from him Oda you piece of shit).

Each with their own personality. But everyone with the same goal. To be the Great General under the Heavens. I'm not sold on Ouhon too much. I've seen people saying that he is cool and all but for now he looks like a daddy complex dude with a stick deep down his ass.

Mouten on the other hand got my attention since the beginning. I like laid-back characters like him since he is not just all goofy and games. He can make up for his laid-back personality on the battlefield. His strategic capabilities are very impressive and dude is only Shin's age. He will be a massive gem later on.

Renpa intro was pretty solid. I say solid because I was mega-hyped for his introduction and yet he came with such a small army. I knew he will rock the battlefield and have hype moments which he did but I definitely felt like his intro was a little reduced not to overshadow the other characters.

The temporary promotion to the 1000 man unit for Ouhon, Mouten, and Shin was amazing. Finally getting to see Shin leading a group of more people. Always appreciated.

Shin vs Rinko is one of my favorite 1 vs 1 in this manga as of now. The sheer intensity and stakes during this fight were fucking amazing.

My two favorite panels:

Ousen and Kanki. The two hidden beasts of Qin. Ousen's tactics are really impressive although I would love him to have more field action.

Kanki is wild as fuck. His title lmao "Beheader" dude is fucking crazy. No wonder Mougou got this far having them under him.

Yeah, Mougou. I may say something wild but I didn't really care much about him. Is that wrong? He had this backstory and all but it all felt like it was forced. This whole fighting with Renpa and him being a Great General. Dunno maybe his tactics and process of thought didn't click with me.

Renpa's interactions with Shin were nice and I really loved the twist that was added to Shin's goal.

Renpa's presence during this arc was a double-edged sword. Because on the one hand it was a saving grace for this arc and on the other hand his presence really put the likes of Kanki and Ousen in the shadows.

Overall fantastic arc but it could've been a little better.

More to come.

TBC..........

Yeah, Mougou. I may say something wild but I didn't really care much about him. Is that wrong? He had this backstory and all but it all felt like it was forced. This whole fighting with Renpa and him being a Great General. Dunno maybe his tactics and process of thought didn't click with me.
I personally feel like Mougou's role feels very organic and natural to the story. I won't spoil anything for you but prior to this arc we've seen other monsters like Ouki and Duke Hyou. Mougou provides a kind of ''breath of fresh air'', so to speak. He's not the most impressive general but for the sake of having a balanced cast of characters I think his role is very fitting.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I personally feel like Mougou's role feels very organic and natural to the story. I won't spoil anything for you but prior to this arc we've seen other monsters like Ouki and Duke Hyou. Mougou provides a kind of ''breath of fresh air'', so to speak. He's not the most impressive general but for the sake of having a balanced cast of characters I think his role is very fitting.
Oh, yeah I can agree on that.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I'm not sold on Ouhon too much. I've seen people saying that he is cool and all but for now he looks like a daddy complex dude with a stick deep down his ass.
Ouhon is my favorite of the three and one of Hara’s best characters lol. But you’re not supposed to like him yet. For now, your impression of him that he is a one dimensional arrogance-lord is exactly as it should be lol. But you will learn the glory of Hon Sama later.

I absolutely love Mougou, he is a top 5 character in Kingdom for me. In particular how his philosophy as a GG is simply to “endure”, I just think that is a really admirable character trait, how the man earns his victories by enduring everything his opponents throw at him. That was his role against Renpa, to simply “endure” and the Qin would not have won against Renpa if Mougou would’ve failed to endure him.

on the other hand his presence really put the likes of Kanki and Ousen in the shadows.
I would argue that someone as great as Renpa surrendering to Ousen and Kanki serves to hype just how great those two are. Sure we didn’t get much focus on their tactics and such, but there will be plenty of time for that later. For now, their role in the story is simply to establish them as Generals powerful enough to force even Renpa, an all-time legend, to admit defeat.

I’m not a huge fan of Kanki but Ousen is, no lie, one of the greatest characters in fiction, which this manga is full of anyway.

Btw, you are approaching the truly god-tier Kingdom arcs. Lol

I absolutely love Mougou, he is a top 5 character in Kingdom for me. In particular how his philosophy as a GG is simply to “endure”, I just think that is a really admirable character trait, how the man earns his victories by enduring everything his opponents throw at him. That was his role against Renpa, to simply “endure” and the Qin would not have won against Renpa if Mougou would’ve failed to endure him.
Mougou really did endure. After all, he was the last of Qin's old gen Great Generals left standing and the only one to die of old age. :myman:

to all my Kingdom bros

The Ravages of Time

this manga is about GOAT era of china ... 3 kingdom eras ... I haven't read it yet and I doubt it's fully loyal to the dark truths of this era
but since you not gonna read the book (let's be honest)
you might enjoy this as well

all the "est" of china history are from this era so I hope this manhwa can do some justice

I'm gonna read it after I'm ongoing with Kingdom. but you can start it now :)

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
Hello my friends. I stop reading Kingdom when Shin became a general, chapter 640-644 as i remember.

However, I'm really looking forward to reading again, are there many chapters to the end of the current arc?
I'm thinking about starting to follow up weekly, is it worth it?