Rules Kingdom General Discussion

GHM isn't a big threat to any of the Qin 6 at the moment but he has been improving each arc and looks like Hara has big plans for him in the future. i doubt he's gonna reach/surpass the likes of Riboku in strategy but it looks like he has the complete trust of his king, so when the time comes he's gonna be able to use all of the resources in Wei and he also has Gaimou and RBH under him. I Also expect more top tier generals to be introduced whether they are new talents or vassals to the former fire dragons.
I Don't think any state other than Chu will make as much trouble for Qin as the Zhao have but they will all have enough men and generals to be a challenge.

Now he already has two GG level monsters like RBH and GaiMo along with his own trained generals.
I agree, the Gohoumei army could end up being quite powerful. I'm confident someone like Gaimou will end up under him. Strictly on his own, that bozo doesn't pose much of a threat but if he is one of the pieces that is exploited by a tactician such as Gohoumei (who will surely be at his peak by the time of the Wei invasion)...there might be problems lol.

but it looks like he has the complete trust of his king, so when the time comes he's gonna be able to use all of the resources in Wei
Good point. He clearly won't be Riboku but, in contrast with Riboku, he'll have way more support from his king and his nation.

Wei won't provide the challenges of Zhao and Chu but yeah, a challenge nonetheless.

GHM isn't a big threat to any of the Qin 6 at the moment but he has been improving each arc and looks like Hara has big plans for him in the future. i doubt he's gonna reach/surpass the likes of Riboku in strategy but it looks like he has the complete trust of his king, so when the time comes he's gonna be able to use all of the resources in Wei and he also has Gaimou and RBH under him. I Also expect more top tier generals to be introduced whether they are new talents or vassals to the former fire dragons.
I Don't think any state other than Chu will make as much trouble for Qin as the Zhao have but they will all have enough men and generals to be a challenge.
I absolutely think GHM is a huge threat to any GG he faces tbh.

Regarding Go Hou Mei, I place him in the same class of strategist as Ka Rin, Shou Hei Kun and possibly Kan Ki.

They're each excellent, eminently talented and distinctly dangerous, but they are not quite at the top of the summit.

To illustrate their standing relative to others:
Code:
Tier 1 | Ri Boku, Ou Sen, Ren Pa, Haku Ki, Gaku Ki
Tier 2 | Ou Ki, Yo Tan Wa, Tou, Kou En
Tier 3 | Ka Rin, Go Hou Mei, Kan Ki
Tier 4 | Ko Chou, Gen Pou, Ordo, Kei Sha
Tier 5 | Ou Hon, Mou Ten, Ka Ryo Ten, Shun Sui Jui
Tier 6 | Den Ri Mi, Mou Ki, Earl Rai
I would not say Go Hou Mei is a better a military commander than any of the current Six Great Generals, but I think he's a significant threat - stylistically and otherwise - to all of them.
Post automatically merged:

I'm just riffing here, but:
Code:
10,000 Hi Shin Army >>> XX,000 Hi Shin Army Promotions

Senior Officers
5K Commander Kyou Kai >> General
1K Commander So Sui >> 3K Commander [2000 cavalry, 1000 infantry]
1K Commander Na Ki >> 3K Commander [1000 cavalry, 2000 infantry]
1K Commander Suu Gen >> 2K Commander [Infantry Commander | 2000 infantry]
1K Commander Ga Ro >> 2K Commander [1000 cavalry, 1000 infantry]
1K Commander En >> 2K Commander [HQ Reserves | 500 cavalry, 1500 infantry]

Junior Officers 
500-Man Commander Hai Rou >> 1K Commander [1000 infantry]
500-Man Commander Den Ei >> 1K Commander [500 cavalry, 500 infantry]
500-Man Commander Ryuu Sen >> 1K Commander [1000 infantry]
200-Man Commander Taku Kei >> 500-Man Commander [500 infantry] (and/or retirement?)
100-Man Commander Bi Hei >> 300-Commander [300 infantry]
100-Man Commander Chu Tetsu >> 300-Commander [300 infantry]
100-Man Commander Ryuu Yuu >> 300-Commander [300 infantry]
100-Man Commander Se Ki >> 200-Commander [200 infantry]

New Officers
Sou Jin >> 500-Man Commander
Sou Tan >> 100-Man Commander
Kyou Rei >> 100-Man Commander
Kan To >> 100-Man Commander
Ton Koku >> 100-Man Commander
Ton Kaku >> 100-Man Commander
I think Na Ki is gonna move up the chain of senior command very soon.

Last edited:
@Blackbeard @Shanks @Jailer
Little callback to 662, it was a pretty funny chapter.

Future enemies staring and smirking at each other in the after battle but relatively calm stuff

Versus, same place

The sheer bloodlust of this madman whose veins are about to explode:doffytroll:, looking at Tou chilling

Also :

Fast forward

That didn't start off so well, it seems :rolaugh:
Lmfaooooo the moment they enter Chu they encounter Renpa

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
One of these days, we're going to be able to have an honest discussion as a community about Kan Ki vs Ko Chou.
What’s dishonest? Kochou was a strong Zhao Great General who’s misunderstanding of Kanki’s guerilla tactics proved fatal. But Kochou himself was undoubtedly Zhao’s strongest military figure outside of Shibashou and Riboku.

Does Houken really count since he is not an actual Great General?
Post automatically merged:

I must say that, throughout the story, I haven't been enthusiastic about Gohoumei. Clearly very talented, especially in siege warfare, able to use formations such as the Ryuudo. And as often as him (or his men) bring out the usual hype sentence (lol) "Only Riboku can do this too"...Gohoumei never felt to me that threatening of a presence for whom I feel Hara is trying, at least, to hype us for. If, at the Coaliton, Gohoumei was a "That guy is really good", Karin was a "Holy fucking shit", despite both of them being new talents. (Though then again Karin is just a freak - now surely even more - no shame in losing to her).
The thing about Gohoumei is how young he is. Like consider how highly he is ranked in the Wei military. He is arguably the strongest commander in the Wei military, and he is decades younger than Gaimou (his only peer that we know of). He is also decades younger than Rei Ou and claims to have surpassed him. He is a military mind compared to Riboku by Wei, a strategist so excellent that the Wei court summoned him back to the capital just to hear his opinion on Shouheikun’s alliance, and the greatest engineer Commander in China,

And he’s not even 30 yet.

I think this is why Houmei is such a big deal, he is a young prodigy decades younger than his contemporaries and yet he’s already comparable to them. He reminds me of the Qin trio in that way, so young but already so dangerous.

Then we go to the Wei Fire Dragons arc, which I would absolutely have to reread, but I remember not being that impressed with Gohoumei there. I think Ouhon tactically beat him too? Don't remember. @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Owl Ki
Ouhon technically did tactically and strategically defeat Rei Ou, yes. But keep in mind, Tou himself was about to call for help against Houmei in that circumstance. Ouhon is simply incredible.

That being said, that feeling/impression of him ultimately not being that big of a deal (or to pose that much of danger, as an antagonist) has never left me. As much as he boasts and talks about taking certain people out, I certainly don't think for a second that he'd be a 50/50 match against someone like Tou in a war, at least currently (as probably all of you do too lol). Yes, he most definitely will grow even further but where do you see him peaking and how much of a threat will he ultimately prove to be in the story? Will he be able to equal his father, as far as individual level goes? Will he be even better? Or will he fall short of that?
Like I said, his youth is definitely a huge factor to his threat level. I could easily see him surpassing Gokei given another few years (if he hasn’t already).

I don’t think we’re meant to see him as a massive threat currently, more like a meteoric rising star who will become a massive threat in the future.

Last edited:
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung I don't think we were ever given Gohoumei's exact age (or did we?) in the manga but I checked the wiki and it now says "around mid thirties" lol.

But whatever. I do remember though Gohoumei talking about him and Kanki being of the same generation and how he thought Kanki would've been his opponent (to then talk about Ouhon, the "younger" gen). And for Homei and Kanki being of the same generation, there's been a clear gap between them throughout the story.

Won't argue much more on Gohoumei though, I already wrote a whole thing on him lol. I think too that he's going to grow further and that he might well end up being around his father's level.

I'm so looking forward to see this absolute unit fight...

And it looks like she'll too fight with a mace, like Moubu and Kanmei.

Just from a purely 1 vs 1 perspective, I think that she's even stronger than Man'U and we've seen in the manga how strong Man'U is lol. @Shanks @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Blackbeard @Jailer

And her ability as a commander is extreme, starting from the Coalition. She's also been Chu's "Shouheikun" for quite some time now - the same position was given to Riboku for Zhao and in fact Shouheikun for Qin, two enormously talented strategists - and she controls 300,000 troops lmao.

Disagree with that bro lol. I think she's an hell of a fighter.
Hell of a fighter is one thing, being in Kanmei and Moubu's league is another.
Like Gyou'un was an exceptional fighter who could exchange with the OG GGs, but to think he could clash evenly with people like Moubu or Kanemi is stretching it. Karen is also not a proud general to assume she has the GG/ambition factors.

I'm so looking forward to see this absolute unit fight...

And it looks like she'll too fight with a mace, like Moubu and Kanmei.

Just from a purely 1 vs 1 perspective, I think that she's even stronger than Man'U and we've seen in the manga how strong Man'U is lol. @Shanks @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Blackbeard @Jailer

And her ability as a commander is extreme, starting from the Coalition. She's also been Chu's "Shouheikun" for quite some time now - the same position was given to Riboku for Zhao and in fact Shouheikun for Qin, two enormously talented strategists - and she controls 300,000 troops lmao.
Don't think personally she will use that club, probably just a gag moment, I think of a power swordsman moreso, with focus on strategy