Kingdom General Tier list

So, since more and more people slowly jump on the great Kingdom train there's far more traffic in this section and it's quite apparent that compared to other series like OP there's pretty much no general consensus on how to scale the dozen generals we have encountered in the series.

Before Chapter 500 and the start of the Great Zhao campaigns I thought it was pretty easy to scale the relevant generals but we've been introduced to so many new strong generals since then that it's really hard to keep track and scale them correctly.

Scaling Kingdom characters also isn't that easy because there are some key factors to consider:
- The Manga differentiates between pure strength as a warrior and strength as a general, taking Ji Aga and Kan Saro as an example. Both are Seika's Top generals but Ji Aga being stronger than Kan Saro in 1v1 battle doesn't invalidate Kan Saro's title as Seika's best general.
- The actual difference that the weight of a general makes and how we even determine how much weight certain generals have.
Ouki was said to be inferior to Houken in strength, speed and pretty much every battle relevant stat but Ouki kept beating the shit out of Houken and was about to mid diff him because of Weight.
- What's actually more important to scale a general, his martial might or strategy and tactics?

Since most debates are PL related anyways we should at least find common ground on Tier lists so that everyone isn't just throwing around their own headcanon terms.

Some of the most relevant groups of Generals:
- Qin 6 past and present (including SHK)
- Zhao's three great heavens past and present
- Wei's fire dragons past and present
- Four Heavenly Kings
- Generals stated to scale to the two groups above like Gyou'Un, Chougaryuu, Bananji, Akou etc
- Chu's GG's: Kouen, Kanmei, Karin, Man'U, Sento'Un etc
- Past Legends like Gakuki....
- Shin, Ouhon, Mouten, Kyoukai
- All the subordinates that are extremely powerful but not in any specific group like Bajio, Feego King, Katari, Zenou, Raidou, Makou, Denrimi, Sou'Ou, Rokuoumi, Shunsuiju, Kisui, Ji Aga, Gakushou, Kan Saro and so on
- Generals that are important but have no rank like Duke Hyou, Kochou, Mougou, Choutou etc

All these subordinates are often hyped by the Manga by being compared to the established groups and other powerful generals so we should first scale those groups and then just add all the new generals accordingly.

Any of you have a good list we can use to base our scaling on ?

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Alright, I cobbled a couple lists together quick from those two tier maker links I shared.
Lists are open to re-evaluation. :handsup:

Some tags for thread activity:
@MarineHQ @Elder Lee Hung @SakazOuki @God Buggy @Bullet @RayanOO @Shanks @TheKnightOfTheSea @FutureWarrior123 @Blackbeard
DAMN my man Owl really sleeps on Shouheikun. Lol

You think Shouheikun belongs in the same tier as Bananji and Ordo? Lol

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I want to see more from Shouheikan before I put him on the same level as the absolute cream of the crop of this manga. Great General is a perfectly fine tier to be in on hype alone. Lol.
Saitaku already gave him too much higher rank what his feats has showed in series by comparing him with Ouki while also putting him above Moubu. Right !?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Gaimou is a Top Tier fighter but he seems to have zero strategical or tactical ability. That is why I ranked him low for a Wei Fire Dragon. Lol.
Yeah but if I were a king I would prefer to have a Gaimou in my country rather than a Gyou’Un, or a SSJ

It’s much rarer to have a guy like Gaimou than to have a guy like them even if they are exceptional individuals

Yeah but if I were a king I would prefer to have a Gaimou in my country rather than a Gyou’Un, or a SSJ

It’s much rarer to have a guy like Gaimou than to have a guy like them even if they are exceptional individuals
Personally I would much prefer have a Gyou'un or SSJ leading my army than a Gaimou. Gaimou absolutely needs a decent strategist to handle the tactical end of battle for him. Without one, he is screwed against high calibre tacticians.

I mean, it is much more rare to have a bloke like Houken than a bloke like Rinko, that doesn't mean I am going to put Houken over Rinko as a General. Lol.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Personally I would much prefer have a Gyou'un or SSJ leading my army than a Gaimou. Gaimou absolutely needs a decent strategist to handle the tactical end of battle for him. Without one, he is screwed against high calibre tacticians.

I mean, it is much more rare to have a bloke like Houken than a bloke like Rinko, that doesn't mean I am going to put Houken over Rinko as a General. Lol.
I put Houken over Rinko overall as an asset for a country

Houken is one of a kind while there are « many » like Rinko

there are many combinaisons where you can make better use of Houken against an other army compared to Rinko

And I fucking love Rinko

But the same tier as Ordo and Bananji seems rough no?
Bananaji is an absolutely solid overall General and Ordo is there cause I felt bad for him. 😭
Hell I’d still think Shouheikun would beat Ouhon and Shi Ei.
Sure and he is ranked above them within the same tier since he would probably be defeating them extreme diff. I need him beating folks like Hyou and Kanki extreme diff if I am going to put them in the same tier. Lol.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Bananaji is an absolutely solid overall General and Ordo is there cause I felt bad for him. 😭

Sure and he is ranked above them within the same tier since he would probably be defeating them extreme diff. I need him beating folks like Hyou and Kanki extreme diff if I am going to put them in the same tier. Lol.
You think Shouheikun would lose to Tou and Gokei? I have him beating both. He seems tactically and martially above both imo.

I put Houken over Rinko overall as an asset for a country

Houken is one of a kind while there are « many » like Rinko

there are many combinaisons where you can make better use of Houken against an other army compared to Rinko

And I fucking love Rinko
Okay but I am not judging the value of these characters as national assets or as part of an army. I am judging each on their overall abilities as a solo General.

Take Shoumou, who I put down as an Average General. The dude is a useful subordinate capable of cleaving through swathes of soldiers. However, he showed little tactical ability and immediately crumpled against a genuine threat to him. As part of an army, his weaknesses could be mitigated. As a solo General, his weaknesses become blatantly apparent.

Back to Gaimou. The bloke has martial might, experience and weight but no tactical or strategical ability. Send him up against someone like Keisha with only himself to command his army and he will be running around in frustrated circles.