Kingdom's best panels

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
What do you make of this ?

I like to slander Oukotsu and Kyou but wouldn't that scale the Duke directly below every Qin 6?

Out of all the Qin generals Ouki definitely knew the most about the Duke.
I’ve seen people bring that up before but I think there’s just too much evidence in the Duke’s favor for that page to mean anything. I would even consider Hara simply not fully figuring Duke Hyou out yet before I took Ouki’s words there that seriously.

King Shou summoned Duke Hyou to Kanyou to name him a Qin 6. That by itself debunks that page.

But we could just view that page as Duke Hyou not having the grander ambition of wanting to unify China. Duke Hyou is one of those guys who just loved the battlefield, he didn’t have any greater ambition than the next battle. So that’s what Ouki could’ve meant, he just didn’t have that ambition. But as far as talent goes, King Shou was about to make the guy one of the Q6 lol.

And plus I’m pretty sure Ouki outright said Gokei was Qin 6 level and Duke Hyou defeated Gokei.

But I like to think it’s probably Duke Hyou just not having the ambition, which is why Ouki made that comment.

I’ve seen people bring that up before but I think there’s just too much evidence in the Duke’s favor for that page to mean anything. I would even consider Hara simply not fully figuring Duke Hyou out yet before I took Ouki’s words there that seriously.

King Shou summoned Duke Hyou to Kanyou to name him a Qin 6. That by itself debunks that page.

But we could just view that page as Duke Hyou not having the grander ambition of wanting to unify China. Duke Hyou is one of those guys who just loved the battlefield, he didn’t have any greater ambition than the next battle. So that’s what Ouki could’ve meant, he just didn’t have that ambition. But as far as talent goes, King Shou was about to make the guy one of the Q6 lol.

And plus I’m pretty sure Ouki outright said Gokei was Qin 6 level and Duke Hyou defeated Gokei.

But I like to think it’s probably Duke Hyou just not having the ambition, which is why Ouki made that comment.
Yeah lol

By feats defeating Gokei is just too big of a feat to not put him at Qin 6 level. I guess at that time Hara just intended to make a point that Ouki >

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Yeah lol

By feats defeating Gokei is just too big of a feat to not put him at Qin 6 level. I guess at that time Hara just intended to make a point that Ouki >
Hara often gives characters big hype moments like this. I’m not even sure Ouki > Duke Hyou quite frankly lol. Duke Hyou is a big upset guy like Kanki, Gokei exterminated 90% of Duke Hyou’s army but Duke Hyou won the battle anyway without eliminating even a 10th of Gokei’s army.

If Ouki and Duke Hyou fought, Ouki would probably claim big advantages at first but Duke Hyou’s ability to turn the tide is among the best.

Hara often gives characters big hype moments like this. I’m not even sure Ouki > Duke Hyou quite frankly lol. Duke Hyou is a big upset guy like Kanki, Gokei exterminated 90% of Duke Hyou’s army but Duke Hyou won the battle anyway without eliminating even a 10th of Gokei’s army.

If Ouki and Duke Hyou fought, Ouki would probably claim big advantages at first but Duke Hyou’s ability to turn the tide is among the best.
I’m a big believer in Duke, but his battle with Gokei has many question marks, mainly:
1. Ouki disrupting the battle
2. Gokei refusing to withdraw from their duel
Gokei had absolutely no reason to duel the Duke, he could’ve easily escaped and then entrapped Duke in his HQ, but his emotions stopped him from doing so. Overall I’d still put Gokei over the Duke.

What do you guys think of the ”Shuki Maki attack”
The 2 warriors under Gokei, Shuki and Maki, had a combined attack with the Str of 99, meaning equal to a full power Moubu/ Kanmei strike according to stats logic. Maybe that thing was actually dangerous to someone like the Duke which is why Hara had Shin slay one of them before they could initiate the attack lol

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
So take Ouki out of the picture, you think Haku Kisai is beating Duke Hyou lol? No way in hell imo. Even with numbers Duke Hyou still has the big advantage there.

That’s even assuming Haku Kisai could have reversed the blow of losing Gokei which the manga has very much portrayed as impossible. The only way you can reverse the blow of losing a supreme commander is if you pull what the Kisui gang pulled at Rigan which is to lie about it. Which obviously wasn’t possible with Gokei.

Haku Kisai could have commanded the Wei to fight but they would have been grossly demoralized against a grossly invigorated Qin, which would have been a slaughter for the Wei.

Gokei had absolutely no reason to duel the Duke, he could’ve easily escaped and then entrapped Duke in his HQ, but his emotions stopped him from doing so. Overall I’d still put Gokei over the Duke.
What would retreating accomplish though? Chou Garyuu retreated against Shin and still bit the dust against him. Fuuki retreated against Shin and Kanou and still died.

Retreating was probably the correct thing to do but that wouldn’t have guaranteed victory against Duke Hyou lol. That would’ve allowed Duke Hyou to rally his own men atop the hills that Gokei specifically aimed to hold.

Sooo yeah not sure if retreating would’ve guaranteed Gokei’s victory.

Even if we remove Tou the Duke can't beat Ouki simply because he's weaker than him and that's really where he meets his limit.

He's the upset guy up against Tactician/Strategy gods like Gokei or even Riboku.

Ouki knows that the duke was never interested in being a gg.
The duke said it himself he doesnt care for it
I can see the arguments but I'm not sure of Hara would make it clear for any other of the previous Qin 6 that they were directly inferior to Ouki as he did with the Duke, after all Ouki said that the Duke would give him a run for his money implying that he would surely win.
I’m a big believer in Duke, but his battle with Gokei has many question marks, mainly:
Even the Duke was like tf you doing bro.
Also, SBS & Kanki > Karin
:kata:
SBS yes but Kanki debatable.

I say it all the time but Karin isn't that big for show and she also kicked a commander with a basic kick for reason. Hara wanted to show off that brute strength.

If she can take on Zenou she's taking away the fear of Kanki's greatest weapon and even RBK was shook by that.

@Elder Lee Hung
Do you think the Duke can slay Zenou and still have enough strength left to win the war against Kanki ?

So take Ouki out of the picture, you think Haku Kisai is beating Duke Hyou lol? No way in hell imo. Even with numbers Duke Hyou still has the big advantage there
Ouki’s appearance helped claim Kyuugen’s hill which was vital for the Duke to launch his assault, Haku got nothing to to do with this.

What would retreating accomplish though? Chou Garyuu retreated against Shin and still bit the dust against him. Fuuki retreated against Shin and Kanou and still died.

Retreating was probably the correct thing to do but that wouldn’t have guaranteed victory against Duke Hyou lol. That would’ve allowed Duke Hyou to rally his own men atop the hills that Gokei specifically aimed to hold.

Sooo yeah not sure if retreating would’ve guaranteed Gokei’s victory
I wouldn’t say it guarantees Gokei’s victory but it certainly gives him the advantage, the numerical advantage was just too big. Duke’s 5k against Gokei’s 50k lol

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Even if we remove Tou the Duke can't beat Ouki simply because he's weaker than him and that's really where he meets his limit.
Slaying a general is not the only way to win a battle lol. Look at Ousen vs Ordo. It really just depends on the circumstances.

Ouki himself said Duke Hyou’s men were stronger than his own. If Duke Hyou’s men overcome Ouki’s and then Duke Hyou and multiple of his men gang up on Ouki at the same time, Ouki is fucked.

@Elder Lee Hung
Do you think the Duke can slay Zenou and still have enough strength left to win the war against Kanki ?
Sure. Zenou has better brute power than the Duke but the Duke has experience and weight. He might very well pull a Shouheikun vs Wategi and defeat Zenou without a fight. Skill can be difficult to quantify in Kingdom. Recall that Gakuei stalled Zenou and Shin one shot Gakuei.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳

He's the upset guy up against Tactician/Strategy gods like Gokei or even Riboku.

I can see the arguments but I'm not sure of Hara would make it clear for any other of the previous Qin 6 that they were directly inferior to Ouki as he did with the Duke, after all Ouki said that the Duke would give him a run for his money implying that he would surely win.

Even the Duke was like tf you doing bro.

SBS yes but Kanki debatable.

I say it all the time but Karin isn't that big for show and she also kicked a commander with a basic kick for reason. Hara wanted to show off that brute strength.

If she can take on Zenou she's taking away the fear of Kanki's greatest weapon and even RBK was shook by that.

@Elder Lee Hung
Shin asked duke hyou why he wasnt part of the 6 when he was just as mighty as them