Character Discussion Koby and rank, why it doesn't matter for him and Garp

I can't believe I have to explain this but Koby's rank is not an accurate representation of his strength. Koby has clearly been VA level by the time the Rocky Port incident finished. Koby when directly compared with an actual VA the VA got wrecked without doing a damn thing while Koby was scrapping with Boa offscreen. There is also the possibility Sword members can't rank up given that Drake never ranked up despite being a Rear Admiral before the timeskip. You can also straight up turn down advancements like we see Garp do many times and given that Koby is his student..... Oda has offscreened Koby a lot but as of now hes likely in the YC3 range and likely has been every since the Amazon Lily raid.
Also Akainu might just be a petty fucker and is like this boi is piping my daugther so no promotions

I can't believe I have to explain this but Koby's rank is not an accurate representation of his strength. Koby has clearly been VA level by the time the Rocky Port incident finished. Koby when directly compared with an actual VA the VA got wrecked without doing a damn thing while Koby was scrapping with Boa offscreen. There is also the possibility Sword members can't rank up given that Drake never ranked up despite being a Rear Admiral before the timeskip. You can also straight up turn down advancements like we see Garp do many times and given that Koby is his student..... Oda has offscreened Koby a lot but as of now hes likely in the YC3 range and likely has been every since the Amazon Lily raid.
Also Akainu might just be a petty fucker and is like this boi is piping my daugther so no promotions
how can someone be so wrong WOW :seriously:

I've been under that impression since Koby did better than multiple Black Beard Pirates against Boa. Only Koby haters ignore that.

Yeah rockstar one shots

Coby wants to be Admiral so it matters a lot to him.

Coby is not next Garp. Forget that.

Also a true Rear Admiral could see the trap meant to Coby. Coby is just captain level after all.
You can't be an admiral and in Sword those are massive contradictions imagine being the celestial dog and being a rogue whenever, it's far more plausible that Koby being an admiral relates to the potential of him being one in Sword.
Koby was distracted we know Oda fucks around with observation all the time.
Koby IS the next Garp.

You can't be an admiral and in Sword those are massive contradictions imagine being the celestial dog and being a rogue whenever, it's far more plausible that Koby being an admiral relates to the potential of him being one in Sword.
Koby was distracted we know Oda fucks around with observation all the time.
Koby IS the next Garp.
Nope they are not. Nothing was stated that you can't climb ranks while being a sword member. But anyway we have Grus being on Sword and a Rear Admiral. Why Coby isn't even like him?

Why Coby felt on trap while Grus a Rear Admiral knew it was an obvious trap?

Nope they are not. Nothing was stated that you can't climb ranks while being a sword member. But anyway we have Grus being on Sword and a Rear Admiral. Why Coby isn't even like him?

Why Coby felt on trap while Grus a Rear Admiral knew it was an obvious trap?
Drake hasnt climbed the ranks in 2 years thats all the prove you need.
Grus could have joined while a rear admiral.
Oh a characters personality getting them in trouble? Where have I seen this before