General & Others Koby is only a Marine Captain (Volume 95 correction)

Why would that happen tho?
Saving a kidnapped princess and another princess' ship from getting hit by a torpedo like he's fuckin superman could have been a legit reason. Especially cause he's far far too strong for this rank anyway.
Might be that Oda plans a big promotion for a later time. He's not capturing Boa alone, that's clear, but he probably will be involved somehow. Perhaps it happens afterwards. Seems iffy tbh.

Either way I'm hyped for him. Dude's already a beast. That torpedo scene was neat.

I logged in again just to say this, but R.I.P to those who were cheering that Coby was a rear-admiral. It was the best excuse that people used to say that coby was gonna 'capture' Boa Hancock. But if vice admiral Momonga's encounter with Hancock is any experience to go by, then it can be said that captain Coby would definitely be given the L if he went up against hancock. Good thing that disaster has been adverted.

Edit: Reading through the comments, I still see the coby vs hancock discussion and why it will it happen. Yet i thought from the beginning that the whole reason oda had coby to go after hancock and not any other marine was because Oda never wanted hancock to be captured to begin with. People say that coby beating hancock is needed to hype him up and prove himself, but if coby needed that, he should have just gone after buggy lol. A former member of the pirate king's crew gotta be more impressive than a pirate empress. Coby going after hancock was just purely for plot and story purposes that Oda setup. Coby is probably the friendliest marine to luffy, so he would definitely think twice about hurting luffy's friends. Coby has nothing to gain from capturing hancock (assuming he's even strong enough to beat her which I doubt), and even if he did, it would only bring in his confrontation with luffy. Which is both the wrong time for it to happen, AND also the wrong reason that will lead to Coby and Luffy's eventful and fateful confrontation at the end of the story.

That whole buildup of fan hype just felt like another "Sanji vs katakuri" thing all over again.
Do you have any evidence that Koby is an average Captain?

Do you have any evidence that Koby is an average Captain?
Wether or not Coby is just a 'average captain' doesn't matter. My point was that no matter Coby's rank, he wasn't gonna beat hancock, for both powerlevel and story purposes. The confusion and mistake that the translation first made by saying coby was a rear admiral instead of a captain was what prompted people to push the Coby will fight, beat and capture Hancock 'narrative'. But Vice Admirals like Momonga and Smoker already showed they are no match for Hancock. So the question of Coby's captain rank here doesn't even matter. Captains are ranked lower than vice admirals. If Coby is still a captain, then what are the chances of him beating someone who higher ranking marines like the vice admirals Momonga and Smoker can't even beat?