Theory Kouyoku would reach Great General status by gaining Kanshou!

Will Kouyoku gets Kanshou?

• Total voters

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
So I was looking back and one of the more popular debates was Kouyoku's legendary demon sword Bakuya.

He showcased it during Coalition arc and it was apparently a huge deal for him to wield one of the five treasured swords in all of China.

Bakuya was crafted by the swordsmith wife during the spring and autumn period, so it's been around for a while now.

The sword is so famous to the point of Ouhou, Mouten and their armies left in shock. So my question is, since Bakuya came with Kanshou as a duel blades, do you think Kouyoku will somehow get his hands on the partner sword Kanshou as his final power-up for him to reach Great General level? I think so.

Right now, Kouyoku is a General with just his base sword and Bakuya so you might say that he would grow stronger even without Kanshou, but that seems boring tbh. Shin got his glaivemanship, Ouhon got spearmanship improvement, Mouten got tactical refinement, Hakurei got his archery skill, etc.

Mind you, Kouyoku was fighting Shin, Ouhon, and Mouten on equal footings with base sword. Once he pulled out Bakuya, he can splits people in pieces and managed to fought toe to toe with Tou.

This is just my personal headcanon but I think Bakuya sword Kouyoku is slightly stronger than Qin young trio back in Coalition arc. Although the Qin trio seems to be a bit ahead of him now. So I think Kouyoku getting Kanshou would puts him among the EOS top dawg Great General material lol. And who wouldn't like a duel blade wielder?

There's some theories about Shin's sword from Hyou is actually Kanshou or Rinko's sword is Kanshou or at least another treasured sword. While I don't believe them, I wouldn't cross them out of possibility just yet.

In summary, Kouyoku would get Kanshou as his final power-up to compete with EOS Great Generals and perhaps become the greatest opponent for the Qin outside of Kouen.

What do you guys think?
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @SakazOuki @TheKnightOfTheSea @Blackbeard @God Buggy @MarineHQ @Great General Kanki @Rumble @Jailer @RayanOO @NikaInParis @Bullet @Monet @Nidai_Kitetsu @Bepo @Mr.Baj1o @Y-foe @Patryipe @Shanks @Greenbeard @Hiragaro @kratosś @Xlaw @centurion @Dark Admiral @Luffy is the mc @Yoru @Krusher1357 @Kurozumi Seven7 etc etc.

It's very possible but I don't think this is what Hara is trying to do, I think Hara just wants to give enough exposition on side characters, especially Shin's peers. This is why Hakurei is one of the ten bows of China and someone like Ouhon can be considered to be one of the best spier wielders in China. Bakuya sword is just Yoku's signature thing like Ouki's glave to Shin, this is why we always see it being brought it up when Yoku is on screen.

By the time the Chu conquest starts I image the Qin trio will be Great-general calibre and Ko Yoku and Haku Rei will be too.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
My only issue is that Yoku has shown no proficiency at all fighting with two swords. Which isn’t a huge deal I guess since Shin had no Glaive skill when he first took up the Glaive and had to learn it, I guess Yoku could do the same, he could just train…

But damn. If Yoku is dual wielding legendary swords, this is yet another reason not to take Futei seriously as a Qin3 rival lol.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Or he alters his style and uses two swords, Rinko on steroids.
I'm cool with this lol. Just thought it would be more iconic if he has both legendary blades that are supposed to be a pair instead of one normal sword and a legendary blade.
It's very possible but I don't think this is what Hara is trying to do, I think Hara just wants to give enough exposition on side characters, especially Shin's peers. This is why Hakurei is one of the ten bows of China and someone like Ouhon can be considered to be one of the best spier wielders in China. Bakuya sword is just Yoku's signature thing like Ouki's glave to Shin, this is why we always see it being brought it up when Yoku is on screen.

By the time the Chu conquest starts I image the Qin trio will be Great-general calibre and Ko Yoku and Haku Rei will be too.
So it's like Base Kouyoku is equivalent to Shin with sword and Bakuya Kouyoku is Shin with his glaive. I agreed that both Yoku and Hakurei will get stronger over time.
My only issue is that Yoku has shown no proficiency at all fighting with two swords. Which isn’t a huge deal I guess since Shin had no Glaive skill when he first took up the Glaive and had to learn it, I guess Yoku could do the same, he could just train…
Bakuya and Kanshou should be wieldable with one arm each. Yoku was holding Bakuya with one arm most of the time and only uses two hands if he gets serious. And the blades was designed similar to Rinko's duel blades so I think Yoku can be a duel wielder if he trained enough.
and aren't mid unlike Kaine/Futei
But damn. If Yoku is dual wielding legendary swords, this is yet another reason not to take Futei seriously as a Qin3 rival lol.
The Futei slander lmao.:milaugh:

Y'all keep dissing on the future Zhao Great Heavens. Put some respect on his name.:beckmoji:

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Nice thread.

In addition to changing his style by adding another sword, I'd also like to see Kouyoku develop greater tactical skills
Oh yeah I totally forgot about that. Wasn't it stated that Yoku has hints of having Instinctual ability? His tactical and leadership skills was decent enough when he was ordering his troops to work with Hakurei's troops during Coalition. That's a good teamwork if you ask me.

Bakuya sword kouyoku was being pressured by Ouhon during coalition arc iirc, I believe Ouhon has always been the strongest amongst the young generation.

Shin is catching up now and Kanshou Kouyoku will be on that level as well

I don't think he'll have or even need the sword to become Great General, but good thread, OP.

My only issue thus far with Kou Yoku and Haku Rei is that they haven't really had any time to shine as leaders, or really even as fighters since the Coalition. Kou Yoku briefly dueled Tou at Juuko but that was it.

I'd like a mini arc, 15 chapters or so, focused on the innerworkings of the Chu courts, their military, etc. Something to show them react to a crisis of their own. Perhaps when Zhao falls and Qin truly cements its nascent superstate status as indisputable.

I don't think the "Chu Two" will be Great Generals by the time they face the Q3 though. I'd be surprised.

Last edited:
I don't think he'll have or even need the sword to become Great General, but good thread, OP.

My only issue thus far with Kou Yoku and Haku Rei is that they haven't really had any time to shine as leaders, or really even as fighters since the Coalition. Kou Yoku briefly dueled Tou at Juuko but that was it.

I'd like a mini arc, 15 chapters or so, focused on the innerworkings of the Chu courts, their military, etc. Something to show how them reaction to a crisis of their own. Perhaps when Zhao falls and Qin truly cements its nascent superstate status as indisputable.

I don't think the "Chu Two" will be Great Generals by the time they face the Q3 though. I'd be surprised.
I wonder if we are even meant to see Hakurei as being an equal to Kouyoku? He's firmly behind in every aspect IMO. Even in the CW, he was the only one of the new gen who didn't get a mid-war promotion.

I wonder if we are even meant to see Hakurei as being an equal to Kouyoku? He's firmly behind in every aspect IMO. Even in the CW, he was the only one of the new gen who didn't get a mid-war promotion.
I believe we are.

I certainly believe Hara's intent is for us to see them as near-equals at the least. That said, he hasn't really shown us enough from Haku Rei to believe it, even if he stated anything to that effect in the next data book.

I'd like to see him take command of an army next. Or rather, see the intricacies of how he does it. We obviously know he does, but all that's been highlighted is him charging at Tou and bring a physical problem.