Character Discussion Kurozumi Orochi and Kurozumi Kanjuro

This topic is all about Kurozumi Orochi and Kurozumi Kanjuro.

First up it's Orochi.

Orochi is the current shogun of Wano Country and former ally of Kaido, his devil fruit is the Snake-Snake Fruit, Model: Eight Headed Serpent. Orochi came into power and took over Wano Country in the past with the help of Kurozumi Higurashi, then at some point he became ally with Kaido and then later on 20 years before the present both Orochi and Kaido executed Kozuki Oden.

Orochi is a cruel tyrant who loves to see the people of Wano Country suffer and wants to see Wano slowly burn to the ground, his hatred for the people of Wano is because of the persecution of his family in the past. Orochi has been shown to be paranoid thinking that Toki's prophecy would come true and that the Scabbards were still alive and were planning to overthrow him and Kaido, however despite the people of Wano making fun of his paranoia he ended up being completely right on Toki's prophecy.

During Act 3 of the Wano arc after surviving from being beheaded by Kaido, Orochi is now currently an enemy of both the Straw Hat Alliance and the Beasts Pirates.

And now it's Kanjuro.

Kanjuro is a member of the Kurozumi Family just like Orochi, he's also a former retainer of Kozuki Oden, and he has a devil fruit that allows him to bring anything he draws to life. In the past Kanjuro was born and raised in a theatre troupe, then at some point his parents were killed due to them being members of the Kurozumi Family. Orochi along with Higurashi and Semimaru then came and recruited Kanjuro, they gave Kanjuro his devil fruit and told him to go undercover as a Kozuki.

With his great acting skills he became a retainer of Kozuki Oden and became "friends" with the other Scabbards, whenever Orochi went to Oden for money Kanjuro would secretly give Orochi twice the requested amount. As a spy Kanjuro informed Orochi and Kaido about Oden's plan of attack, and in the present time he was also responsible for providing Jack a vivre card to Zou.

After revealing himself as a traitor, Kanjuro revealed his true personality which was a ruthless and sadistic man who has no remorse for the actions he has caused. He taunted the other Scabbards and even mocked Oden and Toki's legacy, he was also shown to be brutal as he beat Momo to the point of unconsciousness.

His cruelty and hatred for the Kozuki Family was again shown in chapter 1008 when it was revealed that he drew a fake Oden in order to mess with the Scabbards psychologically and then try to kill them with the fake Oden, when he was undercover as a member of the Kozuki Family Kanjuro was a wacky man who couldn't draw very well but after his role as a Kozuki ended he revealed himself as a cold blooded man who could draw very well.

Now here are some questions about Orochi and Kanjuro.

What do you think of Orochi's character?

What do you think of Kanjuro's character?

What do you think of both Orochi and Kanjuro's devil fruit?

Who do you think is a better villain Orochi or Kaido?

Do you think Kanjuro is more interesting as a good guy or as a villain?

Do you think Orochi or Kanjuro still have a chance of being redeemed?

And finally what do you think will happen to them after the Wano arc?

What do you think of Orochi as a character?
A good character but I think Kanjuro is better.

Kaido of course.

A villain.

Don't care about that they should die in this act, Orochi and Fukurokuju will die while fighting some scabbards (Inu is fighting Jack, Ashura is down and maybe Kinemon will take care of Momonosuke) Yamato will probably beat Kanjuro

They will die.

I think they are pretty good villains. Shogun was kinda disappointing since he isn't strong but he's more of the cunning and cowardly type so I'm fine with it. He helped get Wano to it's current state and he'll likely die by the hands of the most significant Wano character like the Scabbards, Momo and Hiyori. Overall, pretty alright.

Kanjuro I liked because prior to his reveal, he was kinda underwhelming as a character. Simply being an ally but then he was revealed to be fooling them the whole time and I think it was pretty interesting. His death was underwhelming so I'm kinda glad he's back. He'll likely die in a more climactic way (atleast compared to his plotline and role).

Neither will be redeemed. It was too late for Orochi once Oden died but then he went on and made Wano into what it is now. Kanjuro kidnapped Momo then made a clone of the man the Scabbards idolised the most and had it attack them. Both of their fruits are pretty nice and suit them well.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
What do you think of Orochi's character?
- A maniac moved only by his desire for vengeance, lust and greed? Noice.

What do you think of Kanjuro's character?
- At first I thought was lazy work to pick him as traitor, because he always felt as the hideous one no one would care about. I was wrong. Dude is legit.

What do you think of both Orochi and Kanjuro's devil fruit?
- I like Orochi's, but his fruit is wasted on him. Kanjuro's ability is hack.

- In Wano? No one. The Yonkos are bad. Kaido even more than Big Mom.

- Villain.

- The chance always exists. But man that would suck ass.

- Gone. Reduced to atoms.

Last edited:
1. Orochi is a little but disappointing some times i feel he only exists to serve Ame no habikiri will. It could have been better if he had a bigger following and stronger presence.
2.Kanjuro i like he provided a few interesting plot twists and actually went through with his character. Oda didnt go with the cheap "he had a sudden change of heart and switch sides " plot.
3. I dont like orochi's DF i feel like it just exists to serve plot
4.Kaido is a better villian.
5.Kanjuro is better as a villian.
6.Kanjuro and orochi will be redeemed if they provide a good plot and hopefully die.
7. Hopefully both die.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Both strike as psychopaths, but nevertheless I actually wish they fought one the other...

And Kaido is a much better villain that Orochi despite the flaws he has, but his personality is one I like more than Orochi's, Kanjuro himself is allegedly a cooler character than Orochi I would say, at least he comes up with master-lile fancy plans.