Anime & Manga Legend of the galactic heroes

Just searched for animes that, similarly to Death Note, revolve around mind games, and I found that many people view Legend of the galactic heroes as the biggest master piece in that regard. Some quotes:

"Death Note, to start off, is an intelligent series with smart characters rather than characters that are portrayed as smart. So, I'd like to take a different route from the usual 'Code Geass' recommendation. Legend of Galactic Heroes on the other hand is an anime that is even more intelligent than Death Note. Its filled with mind-games, political strategies, psychological battles, tactics that throw you in for a loop, philosophies that can put even well-known works of literature to shame and possibly everything one could hope for in an intelligent series."

"Legend of the Galactic Heroes is to anime as Homer's Odyssey is for literature and poetry."

"So to quote some great person on a blog, "If Death Note=Anime Chess, then LoGH=3D Chess, in this analogy I should point out that Code Geass is Rock, Paper, Scissors and that Guilty Crown is Go Fish." My fav internet quote."

Has anyone seen it? I'm pretty interested in watching it. Probably will do it at some point.

It should be mentioned that there is a remake of the series, while the original is from 1988. I shall go with the original, obviously. While the animations are not as good, the plot is what matters.

@Light D Lamperouge @Admiral Lee Hung @RayanOO @Marimo_420 etc (just some tags from the Death Note Thread, lol)

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Just searched for animes that, similarly to Death Note, revolve around mind games, and I found that many people view Legend of the galactic heroes as the biggest master piece in that regard. Some quotes:

"Death Note, to start off, is an intelligent series with smart characters rather than characters that are portrayed as smart. So, I'd like to take a different route from the usual 'Code Geass' recommendation. Legend of Galactic Heroes on the other hand is an anime that is even more intelligent than Death Note. Its filled with mind-games, political strategies, psychological battles, tactics that throw you in for a loop, philosophies that can put even well-known works of literature to shame and possibly everything one could hope for in an intelligent series."

"Legend of the Galactic Heroes is to anime as Homer's Odyssey is for literature and poetry."

"So to quote some great person on a blog, "If Death Note=Anime Chess, then LoGH=3D Chess, in this analogy I should point out that Code Geass is Rock, Paper, Scissors and that Guilty Crown is Go Fish." My fav internet quote."

Has anyone seen it? I'm pretty interested in watching it. Probably will do it at some point.

It should be mentioned that there is a remake of the series, while the original is from 1988. I shall go with the original, obviously. While the animations are not as good, the plot is what matters.

@Light D Lamperouge @Admiral Lee Hung @RayanOO @Marimo_420 etc (just some tags from the Death Note Thread, lol)
I’ll check it out, though tbh the mind-games and tactics in Kingdom already outdue that of Death Note for me. Kingdom is basically the ultimate manga lol. Read Kingdom.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓

I remember @RayanOO mentioning it to me earlier. I might check it out now.