Powers & Abilities Let’s Settle this: Will Oda Give Sanji Conquerors Haki?

Final thoughts on the matter?

• Total voters
CoC existed in chapter 1…
my bad, what i was meant to say is why are you only using evidence for Sanji from the Baratie Arc? Coc only started to be properly introduced in sabody and amazon lily arcs.

We are in the Final Saga already, and the only hints for Sanji having CoC is still only in the Baratie Arc, Sanji's introduction Arc, with more than a 1000-chapter gap of nothing else?

Oda writes like that for all the Straw Hat debut arcs, because that's when most of the straw hats announce their dreams. But that doesn't mean that every Straw Hat at the end of the story will get CoC.

So Zoro offering to die for Luffy's dream made him a coward too.

You said it. Not me.

Checkmate.
No cause he states this while putting his life on the line == his ambition !!

Do see the difference between conquerors and non-conquerors?

@Infitima also just to add this is a life = life.

Not life = a restaurant that can be rebuilt and as mentioned by Luffy a cowardly move at that.

my bad, what i was meant to say is why are you only using evidence for Sanji from the Baratie Arc? Coc only started to be properly introduced in sabody and amazon lily arcs.

We are in the Final Saga already, and the only hints for Sanji having CoC is still only in the Baratie Arc, Sanji's introduction Arc, with more than a 1000-chapter gap of nothing else?

Oda writes like that for all the Straw Hat debut arcs, because that's when most of the straw hats announce their dreams. But that doesn't mean that every Straw Hat at the end of the story will get CoC.
I mentioned plenty of points, you’re the one who got hung up on Baratie and Sanji “standing down”

Sanjis shown the will to be a conqueror throughout one piece

No cause he states this while putting his life on the line == his ambition !!

Do see the difference between conquerors and non-conquerors?
They are literally equal situations. What part do you not understand?

Kid Sanji attacks Zeff in a bid to live for his dream --->
Zeff risks his life and sacrifices for Sanji's dream. --->
Sanji in life debt then is willing to die for Zeff's new dream -->
Zeff then is still risking for Sanji to not die for him --->
Luffy points out Zeff saved Sanji so he could go for his own dream, so dying for the others (Zeff's) dream is stupid.
Luffy breaks the chain of the two dying for each others dreams.

Zoro risks his life for Luffy's dream --->
Luffy in turn trains so he can protect the crews dreams, risking himself for theirs. --->
Zoro bows in submission to protect Luffy's dreams.

All three of them are submitting, pausing, or risking themselves for others dreams.

I mentioned plenty of points, you’re the one who got hung up on Baratie and Sanji “standing down”

Sanjis shown the will to be a conqueror throughout one piece
I only got hung up on the Baratie arc because that's the arc you are referring back to the most.

I'm leaving this conversation. you make a lot of great points, but I'm not holding out on the belief that Oda hasn't given Sanji CoC even now is because he had it all planned since Baratie and just STILL biding his time to reveal it. I think there is a higher chance for Sanji to get Advance CoO than unlocking CoC.

They are literally equal situations. What part do you not understand?

Kid Sanji attacks Zeff in a bid to live for his dream --->
Zeff risks his life and sacrifices for Sanji's dream. --->
Sanji in life debt then is willing to die for Zeff's new dream -->
Zeff then is still risking for Sanji to not die for him --->
Luffy points out Zeff saved Sanji so he could go for his own dream, so dying for the others (Zeff's) dream is stupid.
Luffy breaks the chain of the two dying for each others dreams.

Zoro risks his life for Luffy's dream --->
Luffy in turn trains so he can protect the crews dreams, risking himself for theirs. --->
Zoro bows in submission to protect Luffy's dreams.

All three of them are submitting, pausing, or risking themselves for others dreams.
Dude cause these arguments you have can be said for f**king Chopper.

Kid Chopper attacks a herd of deer for his dream of becoming a doctor and saving his mentor --->
Dr Hiruluk risks and sacrifices himself for Chopper (eating a known poisonous mushroom) --->
Chopper now in life debt swears he'll become a great doctor capable of curing anything fulfilling not only his dream but also Dr Hiruluk--->

Let's make this easier so you understand would Sanji die for All Blue?

Let's make this easier so you understand would Sanji die for All Blue?
At the moment? No, because he's started to see self worth and needs to be there for Luffy, just like Zoro. In that sense, Luffy would be the new Zeff. (Even if Luffy wouldn't want it that way.)

If he had no connections anymore or it was the end of the journey and it required it,

Yes he would. Kid Sanji attacking Zeff shows that.

Coc is less special now that advcoc exists so he might, he is one of the main fighter, popular and important enough to justify him having it.
He may even have ad CoC but probably not build his fighting style around it like Luffy or Shanks.
Someone like BM has it but doesn't actively use it all the time in fights. Sanji's style will always be built around his fire element even if he unlocks every form of haki.
And if the fire as an enhancer (haki too is an enhancer) gets the job done against even top tier then he honestly doesn't need haki.

At the moment? No, because he's started to see self worth and needs to be there for Luffy, just like Zoro. In that sense, Luffy would be the new Zeff. (Even if Luffy wouldn't want it that way.)

If he had no connections anymore or it was the end of the journey and it required it,

Yes he would. Kid Sanji attacking Zeff shows that.
Thank you for being honest.

Kid Sanji fighting to protect himself and thinking he still has goals in life isn't the same as dying for your ambition.

This is why that panel I posted is so important cause it shows Sanji isn't willing to die for his ambitions, I do believe right now if Zoro was to die to be WSS he would. This is what separates Zoro & Luffy from Sanji.

Thank you for being honest.

Kid Sanji fighting to protect himself and thinking he still has goals in life isn't the same as dying for your ambition.

This is why that panel I posted is so important cause it shows Sanji isn't willing to die for his ambitions, I do believe right now if Zoro was to die to be WSS he would. This is what separates Zoro & Luffy from Sanji.

It's the same.

I do believe right now if Zoro was to die to be WSS he would. This is what separates Zoro & Luffy from Sanji
...You think Zoro is going to leave Luffy and die again just because Mihawk shows up and he can try his dream again?

After Thriller Bark? After submitting to Mihawk? Really?
You really don't understand character development.

Just like Sanji learned self worth and to go for his own dream and not throw his life away for Zeff in the Baratie arc.

Zoro learned to value his captain and others throughout the other arcs. Skypiea where he says he doesn't fight for a motivation, but after looking at Chopper says he can feel one coming on.

Zoro and Sanji are two sides of the coin.

Sanji had no self worth and sacrificed for everyone, and had to think of himself for once to be what Luffy needed, which culminated in WCI.

Zoro had no motivation except to himself and had to come to risk himself for others and not just live only for his dream as he learns in Skypiea and culminates in Thriller Bark and Timeskip.

Once Luffy's PK and accomplishes his dream then they both would now die for their dreams if it came to it.

Last edited:
I think you want it to be a hint . If you want real hints look in the story . All Coc users have been shown with moments of absolute strength with people being shocked . Post some of those for Sanji
I don't want it to be a hint or anything, I just saw the cover page, & when I saw the crown drawn on a cooking book, the first thing came to my mind was that Sanji getting CoC. in the same way when I saw the dragon on Zoro's T-shirt, the first thing came to my mind was Momonosuke, I don't know what it means, but I don't think that Oda would draw Momo on Zoro's T-shirt without a meaning.