General & Others Let's talk for real, I had enough patience for 3 years. Luffy has no rival who is equal in Supernovas. Nobody !

Some people said that before yes, the editors told Oda to create "rivals" of Luffy because Shabondy was not exciting.

It can be seen from their treatment that they were not planned.

In the main story whether the supernova is there or not there it does not change the scenario except Trafalgar D Water Law and Jewelry Bonney otherwise the rest is useless in the story.

Luffy got pissed the first time he heard of Blackbeard's name at Impel Down because he knew Blackbeard was the one who captured Ace =>

Even in the panel I posted, Luffy got pissed off just hearing Blackbeard's name. I even marked it =>

Most importantly, Jinbei thinks Luffy has a score to settle with Blackbeard, not with Akainu. Calling Blackbeard some sort of run-in-the-mill rival for Luffy is flat out wrong.
He didn´t, he got pissed because they were talking about Ace being a replacement for Luffy and that he was only captured because Luffy was lucky, plus at the mocking of Ace.

No he was surprised because BB was mentioned in context with the Revos at Baltigo.

Jinbe said that he has a score to settle with BB, which is true, it´s about them using Ace as replacement for Luffy, but it´s not hatred.
Also Jinbe does not have to, Luffy expressed his anger towards Akainu by himself.
And i never said BB is a run-in-the-mill rival, but it´s not a rival Luffy specifically targets as of now, otherwise show me proof of Luffy desiring a bout with BB (beyond BB being a Yonkou) or anger towards him.
Don´t understand why we have to be intellectually dishonest.

In FI his reaction is apparent, in Dressrosa the convo never went beyond "i don´t want you guys to have Ace´s fruit", in chapter 824 he primarily expressed worry about Sabo.

From a meta perspective, BB´s significance is undeniable, from Luffy´s perspective right now? To claim he is concentrated on Blackbeard for one, and two that he neither blames Akainu nor cares about him, are both factually wrong, otherwise panels please.
And that´s exactly what the other dude claimed.

Realistically speaking, only Law and Kidd have a shot at being Luffy’s rivals.

Kidd with the highest chances because he is the only one with CoC. Unless Bonney or Urouge end up also having CoC which at this point sounds pretty silly unfortunately.

Law/Kid/Luffy were relatively similar up until WCI. Even their bounties were almost identical (500/500/470).

After WCI, Luffy just took off and never looked back.

Whatever non df power Oda brings into the story Luffy will get.
Whatever prophecy that exists in the story will include Luffy.
Everyone in turmoil will need Luffy to save them.
Peace will only come when Luffy finds the one piece and after his party.
Villains only exist to lose to Luffy.
Order = Luffy
Peace = Luffy
Follow = Luffy

10/10 written character :steef:

Luffy suddenly gained King Kai's power just to announce how much plot armor he has across Onigashima. :milaugh:

Luffy basically said as long as he's alive he has infinite chances plot armor on his side to beat Kaido. :milaugh:

Damn, you got people that said Kidd and Law and other supernova folks are rivals to Luffy in goal but not strength, that's fine. Then you got folks who claimed none of the supernova are strong enough to be Luffy's rivals. Either way, it's a win win for me.:jordanmf:
I bet they are also some of the most delusional in claiming that if they are referring to someone like Law but I mean even Kidd who is not meant to stand on his level for now.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
Potrayal wise, his only rival is Kid.
EoW Kid should be equal to EoW Luffy

Kid doesn't even rate Luffy if I am being honest. He thinks he is above Luffy, none of the current nova has that mentality. They all believed they are inferior to Luffy except Kid who is aiming for the PK throne just like Luffy.

Kid doesn't even rate Luffy if I am being honest. He thinks he is above Luffy, none of the current nova has that mentality. They all believed they are inferior to Luffy except Kid who is aiming for the PK throne just like Luffy.
The problem is that Kid is too far behind by Luffy on any individual strength, crew, poneglyph, fleet, allies all of that.

"Belived they are Inferior to luffy" shidddddd not apoo :kobeha::pepapoo:

I take back what I said about Law. Law has done many things even though he is inferior to Luffy.

It also has a great story and amazing treatment. Bonney also has special significance with Kuma, Blackbeard, Ace, The Navy, and the government.