Versus Battle Licht and Lumiere vs Julius and Mereoleona

Who wins ?

• Tie/Could go either way/I'm not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Mereoleona is the weak link here. Julius could potentially be individually more powerful than either Licht or Lumiere but they overwhelm him together after swiftly taking care of Mereoleona.

Oh, man. It's a W for Lumiere/Licht Duo.

Current Mereoleona is still not in her prime in my opinion.
Licht and Lumiere weren't in their prime too. They died at 25 while Mereoleona is in her 30's, irrc.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Julius solo's

Mereoleona still isn't at that level imo. She could get there one day but prime versions of Licht and Lumi are above her. Even Julius cannot carry this lmao.

I also don't understand a bit which versions of the other characters.

@LadyVados has a habit of doing VS. battles by only name-dropping characters.

Because if let's say it's Julius and Hellfire Leona vs resurrected Licht/Lumiere it's a stomp and Mereoleona is not a weak link in that scenario.
Sorry prime versions for Licht, Lumiere and Julius. Current Hellfire Mereo.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Light Magic is the only counter in the world for Julius's Time Magic.

Imagine Light Magic user on Wizard King level of strength and knowledge....

Julius can't dunk Lumiere like he did with Patry.
Was that ever stated? I can't remember rn and can't check, I am on phone lol.

Either way Lumiere has chances against Julius, I just favour Julius more often than not.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Ye. It's not like I'm throwing Julius away but he can't solo 2 Wizard King-level characters alone with Mereoleona not in her prime in this scenario.

Ah. I might have misunderstood you. When you said counter I assumed like counter completely. Like water counters fire, I. E. Fire is powerless against water.

Sure. All 3 beat Mereo as of now. Juli>>

As time goes by, my opinion of Prime Julius' power raises. At first, I thought he was clearly weaker than Prime Licht and Lumiere but now I'm not so sure anymore. Julius by ageing his body 10 years seemed to do fine against that giant Devil until his time expired. He mentioned that his abilities at that age and his overall power were very limited as well. Tabata has pretty much always been nerfing him when he's been into fights and his magic is one of the most broken things of this verse. It's as if he doesn't want us to know what Prime Julius is capable of and is reserving it for later on in the game (if Julius can somehow recover his Prime power ofc).

I don't think it's too far-fetched that Prime Julius might be able to somewhat hold his own against the Devils of the Lowest Floors of the Tree of Qliphoth. It's just the impression I'm getting from Tabata consistently nerfing him every time.

Anyways, this is all headcanon of mine. Until we get more feats, I would give it to Licht and Lumiere, but I won't be surprised in the slightest if Prime Julius and Mereoleona win this with future feats.

The problem is.

Lumiere is WK level Light user.

Which happens to be the only counter for Time Magic that exists.

What do you think about this argument?
Well, certainly Light Magic seems to not be the best of match-ups against Time Magic, and if we're talking about Lumiere is even worse as he should be far more powerful and faster than Patri. At first sight, it doesn't seem plausible that Julius would be able to win against him given his feats against Patri and how he claimed to be having a hard time catching him.

I think Julius would be able to keep up due to his foresight (best of the verse currently) and Mana Zone. As for landing hits... not gonna lie, it would be hard and even being serious, Lumiere could probably hit him sometimes (he could insta-heal with Time Reversal though).

It's hard for me to argue in Julius' favour with his current feats and arguable match-up disadvantage, but I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Julius' abilities. His grimoire seemed to have a lot of pages, so I'm pretty sure he has more techniques we've yet to see since he hasn't gone all-out, arguably even more broken than his Time Annihilation and I think that used right, it could potentially give him the edge against Lumiere.

As of now though, Julius loses against Lumiere most likely, and I don't think Hellfire Mereoleona is on the level of Prime Licht and Lumiere yet (I don't think she's too far personally tbf).

Julius said that he was holding back. He said that if Patry wasn't possessing William's body he would end him with one shot.
Yeah, he was holding back. I hope Julius recovers his Prime at some point so we can see him fight for real once and for all. Julius was set up as one of the few with the capabilities to kill a devil as far as I recall, so I expect him to have some sort of relevance in the future of the upcoming fights against the Highest Ranking Devils (I expect him to somehow recover the power he had in his Prime).

See him taking on one of the three rulers of the Demon World would be amazing :steef: