Controversial Linux RHEL8 Sys. Admin Course

Hello I will be providing a free Linux course in this thread. Anyone who seeks to help me and increase my knowledge is welome.
Post automatically merged:

Basic info:

The console

Where you will be working on code. Can be accessed through MobaXTerm, cmd, or Powershell as well as download Virtualbox and through VM after downloading a RedHat ISO.

The job of a Sys. Admin is to administer, configure and keep servers running alongside code and packages to be sent to a certain department.

Basic Commands:

ls List
cd Change directories
mv Move file
rm Remove file
mkdir Make directory

Day 2

Today we will do some exercises in Windows Powershell, or MobaXTerm. You can also use a AWS client Cloudshell server if you wish.

Today we will expand on previously learned commands.

First we will create a new user through the useradd command.
Ex: useradd Saranz

Last edited:
Not a sysadmin but a software developer .

You still need to have strong grasp in understanding all of the Linux command and how you use it .

The commands you have provided is very less but I think you already know this hopefully .
Also when you install red hat image you clearly didn’t explain how you attach this iso image .

As a developer I would want 128GB red hat support VM how will you set this ?

This is my feedback to you if you are seriously embarking career in Linux Sysadmin .

Not a sysadmin but a software developer .

You still need to have strong grasp in understanding all of the Linux command and how you use it .

The commands you have provided is very less but I think you already know this hopefully .
Also when you install red hat image you clearly didn’t explain how you attach this iso image .

As a developer I would want 128GB red hat support VM how will you set this ?

This is my feedback to you if you are seriously embarking career in Linux Sysadmin .
"As a developer I would want 128GB red hat support VM how will you set this ?"

You can set these configurations when creating your VM in Oracle Virtualbox.
To attach the ISO image you go to any ISO providing site and then you download the ISO image and then can configure this in your Oracle Virtualbox to run RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 8 in your Virtual Machine