Questions & Mysteries Luffy’s devil fruit is called Sun God Nika - Why though?

Only thing related to sun that we have seen from Luffy related to sun is that his color changes to white. None of his powers or attacks are related to sun. Naming regular punches as dawn whip doesn’t count. Why is this devil fruit called sun god nika fruit then? Seems too random and arbitrary. The only explanation I got is that it may be a power we have not seen yet. But so far it doesn’t make sense.

1. Nika will come and take slaves out to sea where they will be under the sun and free

2. The ancient Nika (JoyBoy) made a promise with Fishman Island to bring them under the sun and Nika will do that

3. Luffy's real dream is having everyone under the sun and free, that's why he could awaken the Nika fruit

The dream sounds ridiculous because it sounds impossible to achieve

1. Nika will come and take slaves out to sea where they will be under the sun and free

2. The ancient Nika (JoyBoy) made a promise with Fishman Island to bring them under the sun and Nika will do that

3. Luffy's real dream is having everyone under the sun and free, that's why he could awaken the Nika fruit

The dream sounds ridiculous because it sounds impossible to achieve

Yeah, he will bring them under the sun, but it doesn’t make him the sun. It makes him the warrior of liberation.

Yeah, he will bring them under the sun, but it doesn’t make him the sun. It makes him the warrior of liberation.
The sun god Nika is also known as the warrior of liberation

He's the one who brings the sun to slaves and liberates them from oppression, he also brings them laughter

He makes friends while doing so and everybody revolves around him, like the sun

He isn't literally a character who can manipulate the sun, it's metaphorical

He's the one who brings the sun to slaves and liberates them from oppression, he also brings them laughter

That’s exactly what I am saying.

Sun=Light=Good opposite to Dark/Evil

It's pretty simple

That’s exactly what I am saying.
What is it you don't understand in him being called the "sun god"? You think that ancient gods in Egypt who were called the "sun god", they were called that because they could do "sun" attacks? It's symbolical/metaphorical.

You are focusing too much on something that is symbolical.

Look at the list of solar deities: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_solar_deities

Luffy can mostly be compared to Indra: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indra

Indra is a symbolic sun god, like Nika.

Indra on an elephant, is that JoyBoy on Zunesha?

Indra grabs lightning like Nika and throws it to a serpentine enemy (Vritra = Kaido).

What is it you don't understand in him being called the "sun god"? You think that ancient gods in Egypt who were called the "sun god", they were called that because they could do "sun" attacks? It's symbolical/metaphorical.

You are focusing too much on something that is symbolical.

Look at the list of solar deities: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_solar_deities

Luffy can mostly be compared to Indra: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indra

Indra is a symbolic sun god, like Nika.

Indra on an elephant, is that JoyBoy on Zunesha?

Indra grabs lightning like Nika and throws it to a serpentine enemy (Vritra = Kaido).
Indra is not sun god. Indra is the god of rain/thunder/lightning. Sun god is “Surya” in Hinduism.

And what i was suggesting is that if mythical dragon fruit turns you into a dragon, magma fruit gives you magma powers, then sum god fruit should give you at least some power related to sun.

Indra is not sun god. Indra is the god of rain/thunder/lightning. Sun god is “Surya” in Hinduism.

And what i was suggesting is that if mythical dragon fruit turns you into a dragon, magma fruit gives you magma powers, then sum god fruit should give you at least some power related to sun.
I linked you the Wikipedia page, you could have checked at least.

I linked you the Wikipedia page, you could have checked at least.

The article itself says, that he is symbolic Surya. Surya himself is a distinct god. Also, this is just a random interpretation by some western “expert”.
Post automatically merged:

Oda used random name generator and that's what came out then he built a lore around it
That’s what I have been thinking too
Post automatically merged:

Luffy's fruit can inexplicably produce fire so maybe in the future he'll have this ridiculously huge fire technique that will appear like the sun or something
:kayneshrug:
What would Sabo do? Create nukes?

Oda used random name generator and that's what came out then he built a lore around it
You might have just decoded Oda. He makes puns based on numbers and tells the story that way.

The random number generator might be what decides what number pun he'll use next to write the story. (apart from chapter number)