Speculations Luffy defeats Kaido not because of strong punch (not literally), Luffy defeats Kaido with the help of straw hats (again not literally)....

Possible?

• Total voters
Latest chapter we had some attacks parallel to Zoro, Sanji, and Usopp

what if Oda idea is to mean symbolically straw hats helping Luffy to defeat Kaido....for example, Luffy new gear variant is incorporating some of the techniques from the fighting style of Zoro, Sanji, Yamato (?), Jimbei, Nami, Robin, Franky, Usopp, Brook, Chopper?....that will fulfill the criteria of defeating Kaido not because of stronger punch......

well, just a small theory from me....feel free to share your thoughts on this theory.....

Some tags: @Akai2 @Sentinel @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @Tyki_Mikk @Bogard @Luffy is the mc @Luffydom56 etc......

Latest chapter we had some attacks parallel to Zoro, Sanji, and Usopp

what if Oda idea is to mean symbolically straw hats helping Luffy to defeat Kaido....for example, Luffy new gear variant is incorporating some of the techniques from the fighting style of Zoro, Sanji, Yamato (?), Jimbei, Nami, Robin, Franky, Usopp, Brook, Chopper?....that will fulfill the criteria of defeating Kaido not because of stronger punch......

well, just a small theory from me....feel free to share your thoughts on this theory.....

Some tags: @Akai2 @Sentinel @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @Tyki_Mikk @Bogard @Luffy is the mc @Luffydom56 etc......
I am afraid we will get Luffy and the strawhats vs Kaido. Maybe the rest of the strawhats apart from Sanji Zoro and Usopp helping Luffy. I remember Franky said that he has prepared some anti Kaido weapons. Not to forgot an underlying theme of this arc was asking help from his nakama unlike Oden.

Last edited:
what oda was talking about hades was his haki
luffy's punch was always this strong
but to bypass kaido's defence if he didnt have the level of ryou required
or coc coating he was doing nothing.

The scabbards dont pack a ton like luffy does in g4 but could still hurt him due to their haki while luffy couldnt pre udon.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
The concept of Luffy customizing his own attacks based on observing other techniques has always existed. He's always been a combat prodigy. Gear 2nd based on Soru. Learning FS from Katakuri. And imo, Gear 4th attacks based on Bellamy's spring fruit.

Conceptually, the idea is interesting, but I don't think he'll start copying the SHs this late into the manga. I believe Oda was referring to AdvCoC + A new Gear and/or Awakening. Or it could just be me coping hard cause I've been fiending for Gear 5th for 2 years :christunate:

The concept of Luffy customizing his own attacks based on observing other techniques has always existed. He's always been a combat prodigy. Gear 2nd based on Soru. Learning FS from Katakuri. And imo, Gear 4th attacks based on Bellamy's spring fruit.

Conceptually, the idea is interesting, but I don't think he'll start copying the SHs this late into the manga. I believe Oda was referring to AdvCoC + A new Gear and/or Awakening. Or it could just be me coping hard cause I've been fiending for Gear 5th for 2 years :christunate:
I didn't say blatant copy.....I am talking about incorporating the style and make it his own style which is very much Luffyish thing......or maybe he will try to adopt drunken style from Kaido, lol.......:suresure:

Some suggest he was preparing G2 since the time he realized he had to become stronger after being defeated by Aokiji but I think he probably shaped up G2 only after witnessing the Rokushiki in Water 7