Theory Luffy has the Monkey King no mi

S

stealthblack

The thing is, if "luffy only used rubber is because the fake name induced to him that he is rubber and thats IT", then why did he work as a rubber man before being told of the rubber power. And if it was the "fruit auto defense" why did it choose rubber, precisely.

Anyways, if the Gomu Gomu ends up being something different than rubber these kind of debates will be pointless because it's obvious Luffy was a rubber man for a thousand chapters before whatever Oda came up with and his editor aproved. In no way the Gomu Gomu was initially thought as something different than rubber.
Luffy right now has the powers of monkey king weapon. Monkey king has a magical pole that could stretch for miles

I dont think so. Luffys arms etc streched before he knew that it was a devil fruit
Post automatically merged:

He has the airair compressor fruit
The air fruit would be something interesting. It could be a special paramecia. Since luffy is pumping air in his body in a few forms and he steams it could be a big hint for an air fruit. When air is compressed it can form in every direction with great power

Luffy right now has the powers of monkey king weapon. Monkey king has a magical pole that could stretch for miles
Monkey King had virtually any power, from controlling the weather to natural super-speed to cloning himself to riding a cloud to many other abilities; is Luffy getting all of that? Because Sun Wukong is like a kid creating their hiper-super-ultra-hero that is stronger than yours. If anything, the pole has been referenced indirectly by rubber stretch because Luffy's character, just like many others (Goku, Zidane, etc.), is a rip-off of Sun Wukong; the issue here is turning a reference into a literal power, which is what I'd find hilariously cheap. My opinion, at least.

Watch out, the usual suspects will try to convince you that Luffy was always supposed to be a mythical-zoan prodigy and that this was all Oda's masterplan from the get-go ...
I hope not. It always amazes me that some fans think of Oda as a genius with a masterplan yet the poor guy consistently comments on huge things being pretty much improvised (whether it's Ace being Roger's son, or choosing Lucci as Water 7 villain, or the Supernovas...).

Totally sure he thought of the Gomu Gomu as what has always been, a rubber fruit. The idea of it being somehow special and more powerful than we assumed literally goes against Oda's own words on why he chose such power for his main character.

Oda is just candid. A serial story must allow for changes in directions, adaptations, and improvised plans. Not all of it necessarily leads to something good but it is and always will be the case. 40 pages a month for 25 years? You can't fill that with sheer intention.

This is just a guy who happens to admit it and I suppose it becomes obvious because he doesn't take a massive hiatus like others.

Something like Luffy's true nature though, it's stupid to think this would be something that hasn't been planned for a long time.

There are countless people theorising what the true nature of the Gomu Gomu no Mi is.

If we sum up all theories from the Fandom there's 2 possibilities:

Mystical Zoan Sun Wukong
Or Mystical Zoan Fudō Myō-ō

In my opinion Fudō Myō-ō makes more sense.
It's not that I dislike the idea or discount the possibility, it's just a bad fit imo. Like then they'd have to explain why his base powers operate on recoil, and why the other features like electricity and blunt damage immunity also line up with rubber.

And although Luffy is probably Fudo, the roles of Daiitoku and Gozanze are split between Zoro and Kaido, so I don't quite find the DF relevant.

The gomu no is the Power gorosei talked about( all the people working for oda think it's the gomu no mi), they had to hide the real name, the mythical zoan model Sun Wukong.

Sun Wukong has the Power to turn into any object. That is the Power of luffy.

The Reason luffy only used rubber is because the fake name induced to him that he is rubber and thats IT, Reason why he only think to make rubber stuff. But he can turn into anything.
But everyone knew what thier fruit was as soon as they ate it, but on the other hand luffy was the only person who struggled with control at 1st also

It's not that I dislike the idea or discount the possibility, it's just a bad fit imo. Like then they'd have to explain why his base powers operate on recoil, and why the other features like electricity and blunt damage immunity also line up with rubber.

And although Luffy is probably Fudo, the roles of Daiitoku and Gozanze are split between Zoro and Kaido, so I don't quite find the DF relevant.
Who are Daitoku and Gozanze ?

Idk but I think this gomu2 being not the real name is a last minute idea from Oda just like the SN back then.
Luffy having Sun wukong will be dope for sure since this is the df I would like to see the most.
But still I personally prefer Luffy to have a trash Df and train so hard to become OP with it rather than him having an OP fruit.

Even with Special devil fruit or daddy's technology,both of them is still fodders.

Zoro the mere human don't need that to be strong.even if you give him nerf tool,he still the strongest

Luffy hasn’t eaten the gomu gomu no mi he had eaten the eraser no mi. He can erase everything in his awakened form. Objects , people, memories, slavery or a 100 years. That power was used after Joyboy lost to erase the 100 years. That’s why Joyboy had the kozuki make something they could erase and that is the poneglyphs.