Theory Luffy is Just a Tool for Shanks to Achieve His own Goal

Shanks has been manipulating Luffy since the beginning, why am I so sure?

My theory regarding Shanks' true motives and goals is here: True Goal of Shanks is WORLD PEACE and destruction of Pirates Dream

In chapter 1056, we learned that Luffy dreams to become the Pirate King in order to fulfill his real dream. A dream he told only three people: Shanks, Ace, and Sabo. In Chapter 1056, Luffy's crew also found out about his dream.

In chapter 1000, Yamato also learned about Luffy's dream...and according to her, the second person who had the same dream was Gol D. Roger, the Pirate King.
Shanks himself revealed to Rayleigh that Luffy said the same words as Roger. From which it can be understood that this dream is not about the desire to become the Pirate King, but about the very dream of Luffy and Roger.

The desire to become the Pirate King came from Luffy's main dream.

When exactly did Shanks heared about Luffy's dream?

As we have learned, Luffy's dream was never to become the Pirate King, but rather his goal and the way to fulfill his real dream.

When Shanks said goodbye to Luffy, he said. that he would gather a crew and become the Pirate King, and that's when Shanks gave the Hat.

It appears that Luffy told Shanks about his dream even before Shanks gave Luffy the Straw Hat.

Why did Luffy decided to become the Pirate King and find the One Piece? How could he know that in order to fulfill HIS own Dream, he needed to find One Piece?

Could Shanks, after learning about Luffy's dream, tell him about the One Piece? Could Shanks be the one who told Luffy that in order to fulfill his dream, he must find One Piece and become the Pirate King?

However, despite Shanks' words, Luffy did not have the dream of becoming the Pirate King, he only wished to join Shanks' crew.

When Whitebeard asked where Shanks lost his hand, he replied that it was his bet on the new Era...The bet is not never means a sacrifice to save someone close to him. Bet is a stake is a certain value that is put on the line in order to either lose or win much more.

Did Shanks know that the Gomu-Gomu fruit was actually the Nika-Nika fruit?

So a situation is emerging where Shanks created this whole story with a bandit, Luffy's fruit and a fish in order to Create a Man that will find the One Piece. Only Shanks' sacrifice forced Luffy to start his own story and find One Piece.

Think about it, Shanks was equal to Hawkeye Mihawk when he came to Luffy's village. Even then, he was famous for his battles with the Strongest Swordsman in the World. How could such a person allow a fish to bite off his arm? Shanks' hand became a bet to make Luffy desire to become the Pirate King and repay Shanks.

Luffy's life was planned by Shanks. After hearing Luffy's dream, Shanks played his cards and created a man who became his own tool helping him achieve his own dream

Last edited:
I hope Shanks have his own version of ideal world where people love peacefully, maybe a world where no country would war with other country (something like world peace) and just live without conflict.

but actually, Shanks' vision is a world where all the leaders of each country is either being brainwashed, manipulated, or threatened. Whenever a leader tries to start a war or some conflict, Shanks sends his henchmen and just assassinate them as the easiest, cold-blooded shortcut, replacing them with other leader who will comply for his terms of world peace.

A world-scale puppet show, just by his own version and not World Gov's version.

So Shanks manipulated Luffy to eat the Nika fruit and destroy the World Gov so he can get what he wants after Luffy defeat Imu, the only thing he can't ever reach.

...lol i hope something like dat happens.

👍creative.

I'd roughly summarize it in short.
Shanks is partially a Sasuke-ish of OP.
"i'll be the hokage (his own)"
"It's time that I (Shanks) will be the King of Pirates"

Has anyone watched the movie Hero? It's the story of peace through the unification of China. It's sort of similar in that Shanks is Sword. The Emperor is the WG/Imu. Luffy is Nameless.

To continue with your theory, my opinion is that Shanks isn't evil, he's a reluctant hero who realizes peace is only possible under one ruler, although the WG are tyrants, peace is still preferable.

He realizes Luffy is the chosen one and so he set Luffy on the path to take out every D legacy on his journey to become PK, and will try to convince Luffy of his goal of world peace after Luffy defeats Blackbeard. Of course Luffy will reject unlike Nameless. The final battle will be Shanks vs Luffy. Luffy will win and end up physically unifying the seas and creating peace in his own way.

Shanks has been manipulating Luffy since the beginning, why am I so sure?

My theory regarding Shanks' true motives and goals is here: True Goal of Shanks is WORLD PEACE and destruction of Pirates Dream

In chapter 1056, we learned that Luffy dreams to become the Pirate King in order to fulfill his real dream. A dream he told only three people: Shanks, Ace, and Sabo. In Chapter 1056, Luffy's crew also found out about his dream.

In chapter 1000, Yamato also learned about Luffy's dream...and according to her, the second person who had the same dream was Gol D. Roger, the Pirate King.
Shanks himself revealed to Rayleigh that Luffy said the same words as Roger. From which it can be understood that this dream is not about the desire to become the Pirate King, but about the very dream of Luffy and Roger.

The desire to become the Pirate King came from Luffy's main dream.

When exactly did Shanks heared about Luffy's dream?

As we have learned, Luffy's dream was never to become the Pirate King, but rather his goal and the way to fulfill his real dream.

When Shanks said goodbye to Luffy, he said. that he would gather a crew and become the Pirate King, and that's when Shanks gave the Hat.

It appears that Luffy told Shanks about his dream even before Shanks gave Luffy the Straw Hat.

Why did Luffy decided to become the Pirate King and find the One Piece? How could he know that in order to fulfill HIS own Dream, he needed to find One Piece?

Could Shanks, after learning about Luffy's dream, tell him about the One Piece? Could Shanks be the one who told Luffy that in order to fulfill his dream, he must find One Piece and become the Pirate King?

However, despite Shanks' words, Luffy did not have the dream of becoming the Pirate King, he only wished to join Shanks' crew.

When Whitebeard asked where Shanks lost his hand, he replied that it was his bet on the new Era...The bet is not never means a sacrifice to save someone close to him. Bet is a stake is a certain value that is put on the line in order to either lose or win much more.

Did Shanks know that the Gomu-Gomu fruit was actually the Nika-Nika fruit?

So a situation is emerging where Shanks created this whole story with a bandit, Luffy's fruit and a fish in order to Create a Man that will find the One Piece. Only Shanks' sacrifice forced Luffy to start his own story and find One Piece.

Think about it, Shanks was equal to Hawkeye Mihawk when he came to Luffy's village. Even then, he was famous for his battles with the Strongest Swordsman in the World. How could such a person allow a fish to bite off his arm? Shanks' hand became a bet to make Luffy desire to become the Pirate King and repay Shanks.

Luffy's life was planned by Shanks. After hearing Luffy's dream, Shanks played his cards and created a man who became his own tool helping him achieve his own dream

ok then why would he think so nicely about luffy in funeral. I don't think someone who selfishly trying to achieve his goal would think about someone like that.

I hope Shanks have his own version of ideal world where people love peacefully, maybe a world where no country would war with other country (something like world peace) and just live without conflict.

but actually, Shanks' vision is a world where all the leaders of each country is either being brainwashed, manipulated, or threatened. Whenever a leader tries to start a war or some conflict, Shanks sends his henchmen and just assassinate them as the easiest, cold-blooded shortcut, replacing them with other leader who will comply for his terms of world peace.

A world-scale puppet show, just by his own version and not World Gov's version.

So Shanks manipulated Luffy to eat the Nika fruit and destroy the World Gov so he can get what he wants after Luffy defeat Imu, the only thing he can't ever reach.

...lol i hope something like dat happens.
So Shanks is Madara ??

So Shanks is Madara ??
Chill and nonchalant, non-edgy, realist and merciful version of Madara maybe. Madara wanna trap everyone in dreamstate while i guess Shanks want every day to be like just without conflict ever, and he silently force every higher-ups and leaders into maintain it, either that or death.

...thats what my wishful thinking is anyway, welp Oda may just make Shanks into this super good guy and everyone loves him but i hope thats not the case.

I like the title but then I read the first half of the post... bro what are you smoking? If anything shanks knows something about joyboy from Roger going to laughtale and some profacy, he knew the truth about the gum gum fruit which is why he stole it. His goal was to ensure that this profacy came to pass, so he carried around the gum gum fruit until the chosen one ate it then has been doing whatever he can to ensure that luffy survives long enough to change the world which is why he ended marineford etc. Just like oden knew that someone would come in 20 years and why toki sent momo to this exact time. Shanks isn't some twisted character

ok then why would he think so nicely about luffy in funeral. I don't think someone who selfishly trying to achieve his goal would think about someone like that.

Because it is Shanks full of himself hero of the world. He believe in Luffy because no one else is able to acomplish this task.
Post automatically merged:

I like the title but then I read the first half of the post... bro what are you smoking? If anything shanks knows something about joyboy from Roger going to laughtale and some profacy, he knew the truth about the gum gum fruit which is why he stole it. His goal was to ensure that this profacy came to pass, so he carried around the gum gum fruit until the chosen one ate it then has been doing whatever he can to ensure that luffy survives long enough to change the world which is why he ended marineford etc. Just like oden knew that someone would come in 20 years and why toki sent momo to this exact time. Shanks isn't some twisted character
Shanks is not someone who share Roger's dream. He is different it was obvious on Marinford. New Era that Shanks is talking about is Era without pirate dream. When we saw Teach first time he said that Era without Pirate Dream is bullshit, because people's dream will never die. Shanks is opposite to Teach in everything.