Current Events Luffy vs Kaido is a major asspull

Are you okay with how the Luffy vs Kaido fight is playing out?

• Yes

Votes: 72 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 72 50.0%

• Total voters
Threads like this prove people just quickly scroll through the pages instead of read the manga.
Luffy didn't bring Kaido to this state alone, it's a teamwork since chapter 987 of Kaido taking damage and he's still having fun after 14 opponents while giving no excuses to be tired or hurt.
How this is easy or not intimidating is beyond me.
The problem is that Luffy has also been extremely damaged.

He was literally briefly KO’d by Ragnarok, ate a Boro Breath point blank, and has been getting ping ponged while breathing heavy this entire time.

In fact, Luffy is probably MORE DAMAGED than Kaido.

How the fuck does it mean that ?
Luffy and Zoro got mentally unstable. That's why they loses to Lucci.
Take coc from both of them and
Hybrid kaido >>>>>>>>> base luffy
Luffy was fighting Kaido just fine without CoC.

Luffy only got knocked out because he took Ragnarok head on.

And then Luffy starts to dominate Kaido the moment he fused CoC into his attacks.
How does giving them BOTH acoc make them equals ?

"It can only be done by a handful of powerful individuals."

You: How does that make them equals.

Literally the same statement of Rayleigh when he's talking about Future Sight users.

And Kaido already acknowledged Luffy as one of the few people that can fight on par with him.

On a fundamental level, sure, they’re all ways to attack someone, but that’s a false equivalence. Something like Awakening would not only be a better option as it would (likely) impact the environment and alter Luffy’s regular fighting style in a new and interesting way, but would make sense for where we are in the story. I’m not so ignorant that I have read OP for so long and not realized that Luffy’s fists are gonna do the talking one way or another, but I didn’t make Oda come out and say he was gonna come up with something different...he dug the hole, and now we’re all standing in it looking up at the obvious outcome.

Also, it’s only 1v1 because the author made it that way...I’ve long supported the kind of thing we saw with multiple Supernovae going up against the Yonko, so it clearly doesn’t HAVE to be Luffy soloing Kaido, it’s a choice and a poor one at that.
Well I essentially agree, Oda has to come up with something, this is his challenge as a writer.
I want Luffy to be able to do more than just punch harder... that's a sign he's getting stronger but I like versatility able to do multi things.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Luffy and Zoro got mentally unstable. That's why they loses to Lucci.

Luffy was fighting Kaido just fine without CoC.

Luffy only got knocked out because he took Ragnarok head on.

And then Luffy starts to dominate Kaido the moment he fused CoC into his attacks.

"It can only be done by a handful of powerful individuals."

You: How does that make them equals.

Literally the same statement of Rayleigh when he's talking about Future Sight users.

And Kaido already acknowledged Luffy as one of the few people that can fight on par with him.
Wtf are you talking about.
Luffy got dominated 1 vs 1 and kod in seconds.
Kaido didn't acknowledge shit. He questioned how strong luffy would end up in the future. Can you even read ?

Readers need to understand that Luffy is Really Strong!
Do you understand what it means to One-Shot a Sea King with One Punch?
Literally over 75% of One Piece World cannot repeat such Feat with their Strength

So as the Story Progresses, Oda was coming up with Enemies who Counter Luffy's Punch
Such as Speed, DF Powers, Armor, Weapons ... etc

But 95% of Luffy's Villains cannot handle his Punches if they take them Straight
So when Luffy is struggling against someone, most the time he needs to find a way to make his Punch Correctly Land on his Opponent
Such as adding Water/Blood against Crocodile, learning Future Sight against Katakuri & learning Adv Haki against Kaido ... etc

So stop thinking that Luffy is Weak when Characters shit on him or think they are Weak when he starts overpowering them
The guy simply almost always have Power, he simply needs to find a way to deliver it

This is how Oda writes. If Luffy can match hybrid in base, the moment Luffy pulls out Gear 4, he’s going to start dominating Kaido who might need awakening.
"Imo using Gears+CoC will not be strength multiplication but strength addition.

Imagine x = base Luffy. Luffy now is using x + CoC.

If G2 = 2x, then i predict G2 Luffy will be 2x + CoC, not 2 (x+CoC). And so on.

What level? Well i put overall post-wano Luffy as Emperor/Admiral level, with his strongest mode/gears as WSC in close combat. "

courtesy: @uyuu

Why people act like Luffy never fought in the chapters 1000-1009
why people act like Kaido is giving everything to stall Luffy
why people act like Luffy is dominatiNG Kaido

Anyways salt is glorious....:suresure:
I don't think there's any explanation around what happened being shitty writing

Kaido could no diff Luffy next chapter and it will still be shitty writing how Luffy learned CoC

usually the narrative and drama around the fight make the BS bearable , but none of that exist here

People really love complaining about asspull. Luffy was never slow or weak. No one complains about Big Mom Knocking out giants as a kid because that is not an asspull but Luffy being strong in base form is an asspull?? You do realize Luffy has always been strong in base form right? The biggest difference in post time skip is literally haki. That's it. If anything you should be whining about Haki. Once Luffy understood it the fight became more or less even.

"Imo using Gears+CoC will not be strength multiplication but strength addition.

Imagine x = base Luffy. Luffy now is using x + CoC.

If G2 = 2x, then i predict G2 Luffy will be 2x + CoC, not 2 (x+CoC). And so on.

What level? Well i put overall post-wano Luffy as Emperor/Admiral level, with his strongest mode/gears as WSC in close combat. "

courtesy: @uyuu
Gear 4 is not 2x, it’s like 5x.

Luffy got dominated 1 vs 1 and kod in seconds.
And Luffy woke up like a minute later. Luffy losing to Kaido 1 on 1 is parallel to how Luffy loses against Crocodile twice. It's bound to happened.
Kaido didn't acknowledge shit. He questioned how strong luffy would end up in the future. Can you even read ?
LOL no.

"There are only a scant few capable of fighting me."

"How high will your celling go?"

Kaido was comparing Luffy to the five of them.

I don't think there's any explanation around what happened being shitty writing

Kaido could no diff Luffy next chapter and it will still be shitty writing how Luffy learned CoC

usually the narrative and drama around the fight make the BS bearable , but none of that exist here
How Luffy learned CoC? He knows CoC. He can use CoC. He is just applying to attacks. It is not that there is no explanation it is just that people are selectively blind to see as such.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
And Luffy woke up like a minute later. Luffy losing to Kaido 1 on 1 is parallel to how Luffy loses against Crocodile twice. It's bound to happened.

LOL no.

"There are only a scant few capable of fighting me."

"How high will your celling go?"

Kaido was comparing Luffy to the five of them.
No he fucking didn't. Learn how to read. The only a few can fight me is a separate statement
He never compares luffy to any of them. He wonders how strong he will be in the future.
Excuses. Luffy having acoc as well shouldn't bridge the gap completely especially with the vast difference between hybrid kaido and base luffy.