Current Events Luffy vs Kaido is a major asspull

Are you okay with how the Luffy vs Kaido fight is playing out?

• Yes

Votes: 72 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 72 50.0%

• Total voters
Zoro fans should be the last fandom to talk about asspull.
Anyways if you look at this way. Luffy should have realized in Udon training that CoC can be coated to attacks. Then should have focused on G4 drawback. Then in chapter 1000-1009 should have used all the tricks he knows. Instead Oda went another route. He was sidelined after chapter 1000 so that others can shine and he removed all plot restrictions on Luffy and let monsters fight each other.

I expected Kaido to be more injured before Luffy started 1v1'ing him (he is of course but I expected it to be a bit more severe). Actually, I thought we'd see Law assisting him since Zoro left it to him but nah, Luffy's handling things. Maybe Luffy will get some help in the form of Zoro later on but if he does it alone, it's expected at this point.

Luffy relying less on his gears is understandable given their drawbacks (Rayleigh even told him to eventually come up with something else due to how serious those were) but him straight-up going toe to toe with Kaido without them is a bit surprising even if he's found a new application of his haki.

Luffy's really strong now and he even declared he'll beat Kaido himself. I'm not really mad but yeah, it's extreme. I don't have much issue with Luffy getting even stronger after realising that he can apply his Conqueror's to his attacks since he specializes in that type of haki but it giving him this big a boost is a tad shocking. If Kaido busts out awakening before Luffy busts out Gears then it'll be even more crazy.

Kaido still faced 13 other opponents before Luffy and him started fighting 1v1 so unless Luffy dominates him with a Gear 5 or new Gear 4, Kaido's definitely stronger but yeah, Luffy being this strong right now was unexpected for me. I'm still cool with it and I'm actually pretty excited for the rest of the fight (though I'd prefer seeing all the below-the-roof fights finish before that). So long as the only real opponents Luffy has from here on out are Yonko, Admirals and individuals as strong as them, it's ok going forward, I guess.

I understand that he's using Conqueror's Haki but how is he facing Kaido 1v1 so easily? This is what I hate most about shonen. Asspulls. And yes I know he's the main character but it's still annoying. I feel like Kaido doesn't feel as intimidating anymore if Luffy can just do this in his base form. If he was in his Snakeman form wrapped in Conqueror's Haki that's one thing, but base form and going toe to toe with a Yonko? I don't like that at all. This would essentially mean he's already PK level right? If he's doing this in base, then Boundman or Snakeman wrapped in COC would hypothetically be unbeatable.

Thoughts?
Its shounen its normal Naruto got major 2 power ups in one Day

COC clashes do not depend on physical strength/physical power. Those clashes with Hybrid Kaido does not mean that Luffy is as strong as Hybrid Kaido.

It is no different than when base Luffy had a COC clash with Chinjao equally, then went on to have another equal clash with Doffy, went on to have an equal clash with Katakuri and now Kaido.

Luffy did all of the above in base. Doesn't mean his base is at that level

that was not the lesson of marineford...marineford was to show Luffy and co that they were not ready for new world and they lack strength....that was the point of two years training...the only lesson marineford taught that without strength they can't do whatever they want.....it is not about revenge blah blah some stupid shit you people concoct....
Oh well, this just means we have different readings on the same thing. Do you think the them of revenge was not involved in the whole Ace story which culminated with Marineford? Fine for me. Also let me add some dots too: ........
I am sorry but curious on what way Luffy wrecked the plan? ...for the first time he went along with the plan of diversion for original Bege plan....he didn't go out to fight BigMom, he just said he was throwing one punch (of course I agree it is still bullshit)
Sure, he went out to just throw a punch just like he just jumped back in the mirror world where Kata was trapped to have a pointless deathmatch with him while all his nakamas/friends were chased by the WCI army. Anyway he wrecked the plan simply because he acted like he always act, there was no surprise here bar the amount of plot power used to make him survive, do all he planned to do (take back Sanji and the road poneglyph plus beating 2 of BM YCs) and escape.
.BM became handicap was foreshadowed way before...it is no way so called plot armor you make it out to be...and you want crew die or what in chapter 900?....
It can even be forshadowed in the Holy scriptures but when the first Emperor Luffy meets instead of being a living nightmare for our MC becomes the greatest hindrance for her own forces... (also note the dots) to make it short it was WCI arc which made BM switch froma fearsome monster to Big Meme.
About chapter 900: The whole WCI for me seemed like a small child hitting with a stick the balls of a bull just to see the bull embarass himself again and again while trying to retaliate at the child. Chapter 900 seemed the moment where reality hit back the MC yet it was just a troll act. What I would have wanted to see? The ship destroyed, or almost, and the crew defeated, something like what happened at the end of the Sabady arc. That ending completely killed all the sense of danger (and there is not even the need to talk about how Oda wanted to sell us again that Jinbe was in peril and the same for Sanji brothers).
Also let me add some more dots: .......

COC clashes do not depend on physical strength/physical power. Those clashes with Hybrid Kaido does not mean that Luffy is as strong as Hybrid Kaido.

It is no different than when base Luffy had a COC clash with Chinjao equally, then went on to have another equal clash with Doffy, went on to have an equal clash with Katakuri and now Kaido.

Luffy did all of the above in base. Doesn't mean his base is at that level
yeah that s why i think g4 won t make a difference in ap it will help luffy only with speed and changing trajectory of the attacks and flying

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
Lemme get this straight, ppl called for a Luffy vs Kaido matchup like coupla weeks ago and now that Oda has delivered said matchup you call it an asspull:choppawhat:There is no pleasing you lot :seriously:

The fact that most of you are calling what was at best a 10 second clash an asspull is laughable. Just say you are salty your fave ain't doing like Luffy and go:giogio:

Regarding the speed aspect, yes, it makes no sense.
Though Kaido probably is still not going at full (I want to believe that). He is "enjoying" after all.

But regarding his punching power (Luffy), is not an asspull.
Adv CoA functioning is, after all, gathering all the Haki from the other parts of the body in one point.
So Luffy having super punches with that + now the Adv CoC which is even a stronger boost in AP than Adv CoA, is logical, it makes all the sense.

What makes no sense is Luffy's ability to learn and control so easy this new Haki.