Current Events Luffy vs Kaido is a major asspull

Are you okay with how the Luffy vs Kaido fight is playing out?

• Yes

Votes: 72 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 72 50.0%

• Total voters
If we powerscale Luffy asspulls it's

Major: Gear 2,3 (seemingly invented theoretically before busting them out)
Normal: Soru, CoC attacks (grasped after it's used by others and had the abilities required to use them)
Minor: Gear 4 (previous gears no longer taxed Luffy and coming up with something new in 2 years is reasonable)

Given that Kaido seemingly doesn't use/know AdvCoA considering how he reacted earlier in the fight I'm also presenting the superficial theory that Luffy's CoC attacks are enabled/strengthened by his knowledge of AdvCoA in a similar way that his Soru technique was enabled/strengthened by the use of Gear 2.

"When the hell else did you expect him to realize he was being hit with a CoC attack? During his training? You can't be serious right now."
Holy shit I didn't expect anything but that would be tremendously better if Oda just made Kaido use his CoC attack somehow early on and made Luffy contemplate it during Udon. It wouldn't come out of thin air.

"Luffy already knows the concept of flowing Haki, he learned it over the course of two weeks. That's all he needed. Instead of using it with CoA, he used it with CoC. It's not something that was difficult for him to do, or something he had to learn, because he knew the process already. Flowing Haki with CoC, instead of CoA. This is not hard to understand. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. "

You clearly can't comprehend anything I'm saying and are far, far too incomprehensible to counter anything I'm saying so I'll just paste what I said again. You're repeating the same argument like a broken record instead of trying to come up with a counter-argument to my argument against this.

How is it difficult to understand this all happened the very same chapter he asspulled this powerup LMAO. That's what's problematic. It would be completely fine if Oda somewhat introduced this logic of using CoC on his body early, or indicated that he has or hasn't reached a point where he can't use it. Or indicated that Luffy learned it before but couldn't perfectly use it. Or indicated that someone NOT amongst the strongest can use it.

Its like Zoro becoming Yonko tier out of nowhere with the justification being that his Enma suddenly became a Black Blade and Oda suddenly revealing Black Blade Enma makes him Yonko tier. You'll have your "definition" you so desperately clutch on to but that doesn't change the fact this hypothetical situation is an A S S P U L L.

"Nobody is changing the definition. You're just making up your own, Lmao."

The definition I stated is from the website YOU posted. LMAO.
Post automatically merged:

Not really a good logic, the writing is dull but it is an asspull as well. It DID come out of thin air, the explanation came AFTER IT, just like most asspulls do.

Its like Zoro becoming Yonko tier out of nowhere with the justification being that his Enma suddenly became a Black Blade and Oda suddenly revealing Black Blade Enma makes him Yonko tier. You'll have your "definition" but that doesn't change the fact this hypothetical situation is an A S S P U L L.
If Luffy developed the ability to use flowing Ryou on the spot then yes it is an asspull, but he used something he already had and was explained to us but just applied it to Kings. It is horrendously bad writing but does not qualify to being an asspull. He applied the same formula to a different problem and it worked, it's not like he came up with the formula on the spot that would be an asspull. Zoros ashura is the best example of an asspull actually, The guy just started growing arms and heads out of nowhere then it became a powerup nothing was previously explained or foreshadowed. Enma allowed zoro to start cutting and scarring Kaido, his captain spent 2 weeks training to learn a specific haki technique just to hurt the same guy, (no showing me zoro cutting a cliff is not enough). Killer pulled a sonic attack out of his ass and it apparently also hurts Kaido, oh and Law throwing rocks hurts too OH and Kidd hurting with a body slam a guy who jumped off sky island then complained of a mild headache that makes sense too. So no Luffy applying a concept he already learnt is not an asspull it's weak writing but some of the other things I mentioned ARE asspulls.

"For the love of Christ, he didn't know you could use CoC in the same fashion until he was hit by Kaido's attack, and that's when he understood that it was possible. "
For the love of Christ read what I said CAREFULLY. I said it would be better if the other situation DID HAPPEN. I never said that's what happened.

"So how on gods green earth is Oda going to showcase that Luffy can't do something, when Luffy himself didn't know that flowing CoC into his body was possible until he got hit with the attack? "
By altering and implementing the CoC deal way before so that it doesn't look like a complete asspull later.

"so what makes doing it with CoC more difficult? "
Ask Oda? Kaido said only the STRONGEST CAN USE IT. Only Whitebeard, Roger, Kaido and Big Mom can use it. Luffy was nowhere close to them before he came out with with this asspull and suddenly caught up to them.

And hey, unsurprisingly you go another post while ignoring my argument and coming up with new goalposts.
Luffy was already capable of using the highest level of CoA via the concept of Flowing Haki.

And yes, only the strongest can use it, because in order to pull it off, you need to have CoC, and be able to use the concept of Flowing Haki.

I'm not ignoring your argument, I'm telling you why it's not an asspull. You're the one who can't seem to wrap your head around the concept of flowing Haki, and how it's already been established that Luffy can utilizes it to the highest degree with CoA, and how CoC imbued attacks have not only been foreshadowed, but also showcased on multiple occasions.

The ability itself has been foreshadowed and showcased, and the process in which one goes about using it has been established. Therefore it is not an asspull.

Last edited:
When the hell else did you expect him to realize he was being hit with a CoC attack? During his training? You can't be serious right now.

Luffy already knows the concept of flowing Haki, he learned it over the course of two weeks. That's all he needed. Instead of using it with CoA, he used it with CoC. It's not something that was difficult for him to do, or something he had to learn, because he knew the process already. Flowing Haki with CoC, instead of CoA. This is not hard to understand. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Nobody is changing the definition. You're just making up your own, Lmao.
that is how they have to make up and console themselves....they have to live with something right...:suresure:

He's using both. He's not replacing one with another. You can use CoA + CoC together. It was done since Dressrosa with Chinjao.

The only thing he's doing is he's "flowing" both of them together. By engulfing his Ryou with CoC, it can go a bit deeper than before.

Luffy was already capable of using the highest level of CoA via the concept of Flowing Haki.

And yes, only the strongest can use it, because in order to pull it off, you need to have CoC, and be able to use the concept of Flowing Haki.

I'm not ignoring your argument, I'm telling you why it's not an asspull. You're the one who can't seem to wrap your head around the concept of flowing Haki, and how it's already been established that Luffy can utilizes it to the highest degree with CoA, and how CoC imbued attacks have not only been foreshadowed, but also showcased on multiple occasions.

The ability itself has been foreshadowed and showcased, and the process in which one goes about using it has been established. Therefore it is not an asspull.
I'm not ignoring your argument, I'm telling you why its an asspull. You can't seem to grasp the simple concept that the correlation between this "flowing haki" trash and CoC was never made and there was never an indication Luffy could use it. It all came out of nowhere with the chapter.

S

stealthblack

at least luffy was shown traning from strong foe to strong foe to be ready for yonkous. zoro trained on monet for yonkous

I'm not ignoring your argument, I'm telling you why its an asspull. You can't seem to grasp the simple concept that the correlation between this "flowing haki" trash and CoC was never made and there was never an indication Luffy could use it. It all came out of nowhere with the chapter.
How exactly do you think it could be explained easily for you to comprehend then?

How exactly do you think it could be explained easily for you to comprehend then?
If you could bother comprehending my posts there's no point in trying to explain it later when there was no good setup for it before the power. Oda should've made it so Luffy somehow figured out the CoC shit before and trained for it. Not to mention at least hinting that Luffy is at a level he can use this powerup.

Instead of you know, getting KO'd, getting up and then becoming yonko tier with a half assed explanation.

If you could bother comprehending my posts there's no point in trying to explain it later when there was no good setup for it before the power. Oda should've made it so Luffy somehow figured out the CoC shit before and trained for it. Not to mention at least hinting that Luffy is at a level he can use this powerup.

Instead of you know, getting KO'd, getting up and then becoming yonko tier with a half assed explanation.
What the fuck is with you and being so goddamn toxic.

Luffy and other supernova hindered Zoro. Zoro carried them, he fought TWO emperos solo while carrying Luffy and OTHERS.

But the moment Zoro becomes a burden Oda removes him from the roof.
If Oda removed Luffy and others while they were hindering Zoro, Zoro would’ve already defeated one Emperoro atleast.

Which part of my post was being 'toxic'? The word "half assed explanation" which is aimed at the story?
"I hope the hell Zoro failed to block that attack because holy shit if he ends up tanking an attack from two emperors together that'll be the most GOAT shit on the rooftop"...….This was one of your posts from not too long ago...….please stop putting on this front man please it's embarrassing. You have no problem screaming GOAT when you think of the possibility of Zoro tanking the combined attack of 2 Yonkos which you know is a bigger asspull then anything you are complaining about.

"WOOOOOOOOOOO BOY MY BOY ZORO TANKED A COMBINATION ATTACK FROM TWO EMPERORS LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO" This is another one when you mistakenly thought he did.......please stop.

"I hope the hell Zoro failed to block that attack because holy shit if he ends up tanking an attack from two emperors together that'll be the most GOAT shit on the rooftop"...….This was one of your posts from not too long ago...….please stop putting on this front man please it's embarrassing. You have no problem screaming GOAT when you think of the possibility of Zoro tanking the combined attack of 2 Yonkos which you know is a bigger asspull then anything you are complaining about.

"WOOOOOOOOOOO BOY MY BOY ZORO TANKED A COMBINATION ATTACK FROM TWO EMPERORS LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO" This is another one when you mistakenly thought he did.......please stop.
LMAO are you really so desperate you're running through my post history to get what you can to counter what I said? And I'M the embarrassing one? It was also before the full chapter even released, so Zoro didn't even fully block the attack. He delayed it for a while and got switched with Law, otherwise he'd have died. But it doesn't take the feat away from his hands by any means. Zoro blocking the attack isn't an asspull when Zoro is literally out of commission from the fight. It was a nerf to write him out, that's it. Zoro isn't the one fighting toe-to-toe against Kaido

Stop trying to make a forced correlation between this, if you can defend this writing from being a "asspull" go ahead and do it. Don't deflect it onto other situations. That's as good as admitting this is an asspull. Miss me with this "please stop" shit.

No. I'm specifically asking how you would write it.
I already told you how.

"there's no point in trying to explain it later when there was no good setup for it before the power. Oda should've made it so Luffy somehow figured out the CoC shit before and trained for it. Not to mention at least hinting that Luffy is at a level he can use this powerup."

Last edited:
LMAO are you really so desperate you're running through my post history to get what you can to counter what I said? And I'M the embarrassing one? It was also before the full chapter even released, so Zoro didn't even fully block the attack. He delayed it for a while and got switched with Law, otherwise he'd have died. But it doesn't take the feat away from his hands by any means. Zoro blocking the attack isn't an asspull when Zoro is literally out of commission from the fight. It was a nerf to write him out, that's it. Zoro isn't the one fighting toe-to-toe against Kaido

Stop trying to make a forced correlation between this, if you can defend this writing from being a "asspull" go ahead and do it. Don't deflect it onto other situations. That's as good as admitting this is an asspull. Miss me with this "please stop" shit.

I already told you how.

"there's no point in trying to explain it later when there was no good setup for it before the power. Oda should've made it so Luffy somehow figured out the CoC shit before and trained for it. Not to mention at least hinting that Luffy is at a level he can use this powerup."
It literally took me about a minute to find those because of how much of a zoro fanatic you are. Look man you may not realize it but those things you said are as clear as day, try to dodge them but the intention is clear. You have no issues in believing the possibility of Zoro tanking Hakai, but Luffy using Adv Kings applying a concept preestablished is apparently an asspull.

Last edited:
It literally took me about a minute to find those because of much of a zoro fanatic you are. Look man you may not realize it but those things you said are as clear as day, try to dodge them but the intention is clear. You have no issues in believing the possibility of Zoro tanking Hakai, but Luffy using Adv Kings using a concept preestablished is apparently an asspull.
Are you done with your "YOU LIKE ZORO SO I YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!!!"?

Don't even mention this "it took me a minute wah" thing. You couldn't disprove my argument so you had to go back into my post history to look for something since you have absolutely 0 ways of disproving my argument. If you can counter my argument, do it. If you can't then don't bother with this rant